Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Merge both ATS servers into 1 server

eXodus.IL

Suggestion Name:  Merge both ATS (Europe & America) server into one server

Suggestion Description:  Merge Servers into one

Any example images:  N/A

Why should it be added?:  Since not very many people actually play ATSMP any more and it starting to get boring driving on roads with out seeing anybody for [possible] hour(s) in-game;  I think the europe and America servers should merge into just one for ATSMP so we don't have players spread out and it will combine the actual player amount in-game so we can interact with others more times. 

If ATSMP ever gets back up in players, then can merge them back into seperate servers. 

Hello,

1/2 month ago ATS EU#1 & EU#2 was merged into EU#2. But I think ATS US will keeped online because players from US will also play this game without high ping and lags

Best regards,

xaverracer

As a veteran of TruckersMP, I feel that removing or merging large/unused servers, is never the answer since people then come up with other excuses to have them return individually. Maybe if they actually split the load of the servers (like EU#2 into two servers then maybe players experiences would be better?) If you don't get the previous sentence I'm suggesting the shrinking of server slots and splitting big ones into two or three.

I understand heavily that this will not go down well with almost all the TruckersMP community because it means less big events (like Calais-Duisburg/Europoort-Rotterdam) and fewer people seen on the road than the small amount we currently have now, but it would reduce server load, allowing for a smoother gameplay experience for all players on these new smaller slot servers and allow all players to have a lower troll rate (meaning less chance of being trolled by another player), this gives players a chance to play the game the bought! I'm not saying that your suggestion is bad, just not what I would choose to do if it was my decision. 

Looking forward to any response(s).

- Rhys

If my comment helped, Please give a Positive Rating above ↗ ↗ ↗

The only reason why there is 2 ATS servers is for those users with horrible ping. 

If they only had the EU server then the American players would have a worse connection, if they only had the NA server then the Europeans would have a horrible connection. The have 2 servers so users can choose what server they want to play on, I get much better ping on the NA server than the EU server. 

As mentioned by others users, both servers exists for users within both regions of the world. Anyone in Europe has better connection to the EU servers which allow for smoother gameplay, whilst all those in America, Canada, etc. receive better connection to the US based server.

The only way two would become one is if the TruckersMP developers decide to scrap one of the servers, which would force users to have to play on the remaining server.

Rejected.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

• Ashley locked this topic