no-collision area in Rostock

Teddy_CZ

Suggestion Name: Non-collision areas at ports

Suggestion Description: I would like to ask you if it's possible to expand no-collision area in Rostock. When you have Heavy Cargo, and in the near future Double cargo, and someone will arrive there, you are not able to exit no-collision area without taking damage. I hope my video will explain it better https://youtu.be/Jfhq-jTu8qs I think the same problem is on more ports like this one.

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?: For smoother transportation when someone is AFK after he comes to port.

Since Heavy Cargo Pack got released , it was very challenging to exit sea ports . Like you showed in the video . Soon we will have doubles with that problem also .
Hope this will be implemented into the game .

+1

Although it would help with heavy hauls, it's more of a matter of how much space is required and how to avoid trolling on the outer edges, same as if all nczs at companies were expanded across the entry road, you'd have trolls blocking it for days.

Also, doubles will not be an issue in ETS2 as they are only available in Scandinavia to places in Scandinavia.

my only suggestion would be to try and spin yourself around as best you can when at the ports so that you are less likely to clip through other vehicles. Or try to take heavy hauls that don't require ferry crossings, especially in populated ports.

3 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Although it would help with heavy hauls, it's more of a matter of how much space is required and how to avoid trolling on the outer edges, same as if all nczs at companies were expanded across the entry road, you'd have trolls blocking it for days.

Also, doubles will not be an issue in ETS2 as they are only available in Scandinavia to places in Scandinavia.

my only suggestion would be to try and spin yourself around as best you can when at the ports so that you are less likely to clip through other vehicles. Or try to take heavy hauls that don't require ferry crossings, especially in populated ports.

The same is in Europort, the non-collision area are expanded than was the original. It's true, doubles are available only in Scandinavia, but although players still can go there, even they will break the rules.  

20 hours ago, Teddy_CZ said:

The same is in Europort, the non-collision area are expanded than was the original. It's true, doubles are available only in Scandinavia, but although players still can go there, even they will break the rules.  

You can't modify something that is hard coded into the dlc without breaking it and making people crash and glitch, it's not like replacing one train led skin with another or changing one trailer weight to another.

If the NCZ was expanded, you still will get people getting stuck or glitching out no matter what.

On 20.8.2017 at 1:21 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

But they probably won't stay that way forever, so sooner or later this problem will come up

3 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

You can't modify something that is hard coded into the dlc without breaking it and making people crash and glitch, it's not like replacing one train led skin with another or changing one trailer weight to another.

If the NCZ was expanded, you still will get people getting stuck or glitching out no matter what.

Are you sure that expanding non-collision area is about changing DLC? If the could make non-collision server with all DLC, when they couldn't expand non-collision there? 

22 hours ago, Nao-chan said:

But they probably won't stay that way forever, so sooner or later this problem will come up

Well seeing as SCS are conforming to the real world regulations where doubles are and are not legal, I doubt it'll change unless someone makes a mod that is verified and allowed, but I doubt that'll appear anytime this year.

20 hours ago, Teddy_CZ said:

Are you sure that expanding non-collision area is about changing DLC? If the could make non-collision server with all DLC, when they couldn't expand non-collision there? 

That's not what I'm talking about, I'm tracking about changing the DLC to allow Doubles in more than Scandinavia. But theoretically if you can manoeuvre a heavy haul trailer in the space given within the current NCZs, you can manoeuvre a double in the same space as they are similar in length. 

But honestly, what's the point in sugar coating the issue, expanding NCZs is equivalent of putting a plaster on a severed leg, it's not going to make much difference and just ending up adding to the problem. I mean, what's acceptable for expansions? 50M? 100M? 200M? 500M? Plus you'll always get the issue of trolls blocking roads on the outer edges of NCZs and casing chaos, it's why the small NCZs work well because the chances of being troll blocked and being glitches out is a lot less than if the NCZ was expanded to take in the junction or a short stretch of road.

6 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

That's not what I'm talking about, I'm tracking about changing the DLC to allow Doubles in more than Scandinavia. But theoretically if you can manoeuvre a heavy haul trailer in the space given within the current NCZs, you can manoeuvre a double in the same space as they are similar in length. 

As you can see in my video, if player n.1 (that was me) go AFK after he port to Rostock for lets say 1 minute, and player n.2 (my friend) don't want to wait or turn around to drive away safely, it would be great to expand non-collision area for about few meters. Same is in Europort.  The non-collision area is expanded there.
And I wasn't talking about Doubles mainly. They are just in Scandinavia but Heavy cargo is not. Watch the video again, me and my friend had Heavy cargoes and he couldn't drive away without accident. 

@Teddy_CZ The thing is, wouldn't it be fairer for all to set a timer on your vehicle when departing the port that keeps you in no clip mode until either you are clear of all other vehicles or the timer runs out? That would stop NCZs being abused by trolls while still allowing you to safely depart a port without issue. 

Alternately you could just just simply avoid pulling either Heavy Hauls or Doubles where you have to make a ferry or train crossing. 

I mean, expanding NCZs has been asked for a lot over the years, from petrol station NCZs to parking zones to expanded company entrance NCZs to ports... so you have to ask yourself, if it's such a fool proof idea, why hasn't it been accepted in the past? I know in the past, NCZs were tied to the prefabs so wherever the prefab ended, that's your NCZ, I'm not 100% sure if that's still the same now or not, but that was a contributing factor back then. Plus the age old problem of trolls blocking or sitting on the edge of the zones causing trucks to be flung around like toys. 

So so in my honest opinion, yes there is a issue with getting larger loads out of ports, but I don't think making no collision zones wider, even by a few metres is going to be the best option,.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...