Inform Truck Drivers of Cars (skoda) approaching

I can't see this being very usefull. I mean you can hear them coming if you haven't got any music on and you can see them in your mirrors from some distance (depending on your graphics settings).
I also agree with Suzylu89, if they intend to ram you, there is not that much you can do about it, except for starting to record (if you have the programs for it) and report them.

• 2 weeks later...

-1 what are you going to do if the alarm triggers? Stamp on the brakes and get rear ended and banned? drive off-road and potentially roll over? What if it's just an admin trying to get to a scene using their car? Not to mention, just because a car is"going fast" doesn't mean you should worry about it, I'd rather get an alarm for a vehicle in my lane within 200m than some speeder. 

Not to to mention there's already a lot to focus on when you play with a realistic setup, so having an alarm is more distracting meaning you're more likely to cause an accident and get punished than ever before. 

Something more useful would would be an alarm or gps trigger that detects another vehicle in your lane heading towards you, which could be a car rammer, a car idiot or a truck rammer or truck idiot overtaking, that's more deadly than some random speeders.

• 2 weeks later...

This would be very interesting if you were in Calais or a popular car area. Just imagine if this was actually a thing. It would be like sitting in the cockpit of a plane with all the warnings going off at once. And besides the majority of people with cars use the 170hp engine so you can hear it from a mile off, I take that as my warning XD

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

For me the fun in multiplayer lies in encountering other real players around, be it people I drive with in convoys or general traffic.

I already set up my mirrors as well as the distance to draw objects in the tab menu to the max setting to get the best render distance possible. Having an alarm triggered by cars would just distract me. Besides I saw both good and bad truck drivers as well as good and bad car drivers.

Also there are servers without cars and with speed limits and both so if cars don´t fit your playstyle you have the choice to switch servers.

• Upvote 1

Rather than an alarm, how about a different icon on the GPS for cars? This doesn't sound like it would be too hard to implement. Use a square, for example, instead of a circle for cars only. I don't like the alarm because there are already plenty of sounds going on in the game (surrounding vehicles, horns, your truck, radio, etc.).

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I find it way more realistic and safe to drive with disabled players visibility on the GPS.

It forces me to look out of the windows for traffic (#iheartTrackIR) instead of getting distracted by little moving icons on a map.

I do not care what kind of vehicle is approaching, and I definitely do not want a warning sound for that.

• 1 year later...

That's a -1 from me. I don't see this as a useful thing to have. You don't have alarms when people are approaching you IRL anyway. The GPS, mirrors and even the outside cam are very useful to use.

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

Hi TruckersMP Community Members,

In regards to this topic, I don't think it is necessary to add an alarm for every car on the game approaching and to warn you of the speed limit of that person. It is useless work for the Development Team and isn't a feature that'd make much of a different. Furthermore it would spam if you went on for example the C-D road, it would be an endless sound and therefore would annoy users. 

In conclusion, I am not in support of this topic due to this reason it is a useless feature and won't make any significant change. 

Thanks,

Rhys

• 1 month later...

I disagree. In every upcoming car, hearing a sound will begin to experience headaches after a while. If you want to see the upcoming contacts, you can use the TAB key. But I have a different suggestion. When the TAB key is pressed, it is possible to show which vehicle a nearby person has. People who want to look can look there.

• 4 months later...