MacOS Download

adrrob1002

Question

MacOS Downloading

Hello,

So recently, I have signed up here at TruckersMP, but, when I try to download it, it gives a .zip file. When this is unzipped, it leaves you with a .exe file. .exe files do not work on MacOS, so I was wondering, how would I be able to download TruckersMP to play with my friends? I think I've heard of someone using a steam mod to do it, but I can't find anything like that. If someone could please be kind enough to show me how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,'

adrrob1002

5 answers to this question

Hello there,

I'm not a Mac user but i think you could play the mod only if you are using Boot Camp to your Mac.

https://support.apple.com/boot-camp

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Unfortunately, Truckers MP currently only supports the x64 Windows family of operating systems. Unless you bootcamp your Mac to run a x64 copy of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or higher, such as Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (Windows Vista and below are not supported as well as any x86 version of the supported versions), you won't be able to play multiplayer. Linux is also not supported, by the way.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Install a Microsoft Windows operating system (needs to be 7 or above) and then install the game through the usual means (Steam). 

The TMP developers have already stated that they won't bring TruckersMP to Mac OSes or Linux, for that they would need to port a considerable amount of code to TMP in order to support those OSes and they don't have the time for that. 

The closest means of running TMP on Mac is Wine. 

Edited by Positivetrucking168
Added missing crucial information.