Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Percentage values in save games

^That has nothing to do with the format that you can adjust in Notepad++

The values given are in a hex notation

There is a tool linked in this topic, look under "color"

EDIT: Direct link: https://ets2.lt/en/rgb-to-ets2-color-code-converter/

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

20 minutes ago, RayRay5 said:

The values given are in a hex notation

This was also my guess, but I don't know what its value is. How to translate this hex code into a percentage/float?

22 minutes ago, RayRay5 said:

There is a tool linked in this topic, look under "color"

I know this tool, but I don't want to convert a rgb color into floats, I want to convert this hex code into a float or a percentage or similar.

Hi,

I save editing too.

I have the same weird Code like you but i know this Code means "0" if i have a good memory...

You can replace this Code to a number but don't do it at codes where your not sure what they means...

If you have this Code in a line where you can write every number you want like in cargo mass when everything is fine but if you write a number like at cargo cog height offset then you will broke your trailer you can't move or the acceleration is very slow...

So please don't change something if your not 100% sure.

On 13.8.2017 at 5:31 PM, DrEGZo said:

And where do I have to enter the hex code? Red, Green, or Blue?

AmyKB6KUTKKZYN6XC2nYbQ.png

Hex (or more accurarely hexadecimal) is a way to write/say the values of bits more easily (for humans). Those values are not color codes (although the hex color codes do use hex notation).

See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

@DrEGZo

As the author of the tutorial, and a save editing expert. I will give you all the information you need.

First, you only need the color converter to get the color, nothing else. I have my own personal tool which can get the "normal" hex value, the RGB, and the hex and RGB in the format that ETS 2 and ATS recognize. The formula behind it is simple: (X * X / 255 * 255), so basically your red/green/blue from 0 to 255, squared, then divided by 255 squared. For example, 63 will yield 0.0610, which is also accepted when you save the game.

Second, anything like wear, and fuel relative, is in percentage, which works differently from the color system! Why? Because all you need to do is convert the hex to float and you'll get the percentage.

I did a test with my DAF with 1400L fuel tank. It wasn't full so I stopped the engine at the fuel station and saved the game, then decrypted it. I got this value "&3f390fd2", which gives me 0.722898 (%) with the hex to float converter. With some math, it means I have around 1012.0572L of fuel in my truck. After filling my tank, it said I fueled up with 387.94L. Doing more math, it results with 1399.9972L of fuel.

So let's say you want fuel for a very very long time (as long as you don't do WoT external contracts), just type down 200 instead of the weird hex value and you're good for years!

I've tried to put a number far in the negative for wear, not worth it as it'll still increase. If you don't want to deal with a damaged truck/load,  It's just better to use a no damage hack (which is allowed under some conditions, according to some IGA and CM). Works with external contract too, as long as you activate it before accepting the load.

KkdaC1b.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 28.08.2017 at 8:51 AM, LordBenji said:

@DrEGZo

As the author of the tutorial, and a save editing expert. I will give you all the information you need.

First, you only need the color converter to get the color, nothing else. I have my own personal tool which can get the "normal" hex value, the RGB, and the hex and RGB in the format that ETS 2 and ATS recognize. The formula behind it is simple: (X * X / 255 * 255), so basically your red/green/blue from 0 to 255, squared, then divided by 255 squared. For example, 63 will yield 0.0610, which is also accepted when you save the game.

Second, anything like wear, and fuel relative, is in percentage, which works differently from the color system! Why? Because all you need to do is convert the hex to float and you'll get the percentage.

I did a test with my DAF with 1400L fuel tank. It wasn't full so I stopped the engine at the fuel station and saved the game, then decrypted it. I got this value "&3f390fd2", which gives me 0.722898 (%) with the hex to float converter. With some math, it means I have around 1012.0572L of fuel in my truck. After filling my tank, it said I fueled up with 387.94L. Doing more math, it results with 1399.9972L of fuel.

So let's say you want fuel for a very very long time (as long as you don't do WoT external contracts), just type down 200 instead of the weird hex value and you're good for years!

I've tried to put a number far in the negative for wear, not worth it as it'll still increase. If you don't want to deal with a damaged truck/load,  It's just better to use a no damage hack (which is allowed under some conditions, according to some IGA and CM). Works with external contract too, as long as you activate it before accepting the load.

What a great tutorial ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.