I Think I have an online stalker.

InnerCore15

I joined a company called W.F.O. in ATS and ETS2 and was fired after I pointed out their trolling and rule breaking. After I was fired he accused me of abusing my brother and stated this: "I know your address and I will send the police to your door". My brother said earlier today to my older brother that the user in question used our IP addresses to find our addresses and knew all the company's users' addresses. I will probably finish this problem with the police as he has made false accusations and is stalking myself and several others. I want to know what I should do in TruckersMP and I would like to put forward a suggestion for a new security feature that prevents this in the future. Most of these interchanges started on the TruckersMP and finished on different platforms. That still doesn't mean that changes shouldn't be made as the IP address was tracked from the TruckersMP platform. I'd like any suggestions any users can give me on what to do in the future.

He did not get your IP from our services as it is not available anywhere,  he is also toying with you regarding your address as this is not possible,  no Internet service provider gives this information. Only to the police and only in special circumstances,  an ip can point to a neighbourhood at best.

Just ignore him. The police won't do anything for this.  We often get death threats as admin and no one has knocked on my door yet :)

I am a police officer in australia I have heard alot of people say this I promise your its a load of tosh only police can get that information and only if we have a sufficient reason as sysgen said an ip can point to a neighbourhood at best i had a guy say he got my ip so i asked him where do i live he said norway that was so stupid it was funny. If your ip was somehow obtained it will not have been obtained of truckersmp i can assure you of that. The company you joined do you have proof of them trolling/breaking rules if you do feel free to report them and a administrator will be able to deal with that. If you have any concerns feel free to contact me.

The only thing you can obtain from an IP address is what an IP tracker will give you I believe. Like Internet service provider, country, and the city is not always accurate. When I track myself, it is 200+ km away lol. You have absolutely nothing to worry about your address of residence. How your IP got leaked you may ask? I'm sure it's one of the services given by the VTC you were fired from, like their website for example. If you are still concerned about your IP and being tracked, you can always use a VPN, I've heard there's free ones out there. Germans, Chinese, and many others use it I believe.

KkdaC1b.png

1 ) IP address is very hard to leak

2 ) if IP did get some how leaked it prob say that it a crazy amount of KM away

3 ) as guy also said VPN if really that scared use a VPN

4 ) Police only get IP in "Rare" problems when someone is done a crime and must also be prove 

Hello @InnerCore15,

Welcome to the online world, it can be harsh and anything can be said.  I don't know how many times people have said they have my address and stuff to me I just laugh it off knowing they aint got my address, countless times i've been told by people that they have my IP and they even show me that they have my IP but I just laugh it off as my IP is no threat to my life and its so easy to get a hold of someones IP these days with websites, skype and stuff (nothing to do with TMP) so no big deal.  I have also had my IP attacked before with my internet going offline or going slow but it gives me time to bond with my friends and family irl so jokes on the trolls there ;)  I suggest you report them if you have proof of them trolling and breaking rules in game, as for the address part just laugh it off and continue to enjoy playing TMP :)

Many Thanks,

Liam

^ he is 100% right 

1 hour ago, TFM DJ Liam said:

Hello @InnerCore15,

Welcome to the online world, it can be harsh and anything can be said.  I don't know how many times people have said they have my address and stuff to me I just laugh it off knowing they aint got my address, countless times i've been told by people that they have my IP and they even show me that they have my IP but I just laugh it off as my IP is no threat to my life and its so easy to get a hold of someones IP these days with websites, skype and stuff (nothing to do with TMP) so no big deal.  I have also had my IP attacked before with my internet going offline or going slow but it gives me time to bond with my friends and family irl so jokes on the trolls there ;)  I suggest you report them if you have proof of them trolling and breaking rules in game, as for the address part just laugh it off and continue to enjoy playing TMP :)

Many Thanks,

Liam

Great Jon you really made a great replay

1 hour ago, TFM DJ Liam said:

Hello @InnerCore15,

Many Thanks,

Liam

18 hours ago, Sysgen said:

He did not get your IP from our services as it is not available anywhere,  he is also toying with you regarding your address as this is not possible,  no Internet service provider gives this information. Only to the police and only in special circumstances,  an ip can point to a neighbourhood at best.

Just ignore him. The police won't do anything for this.  We often get death threats as admin and no one has knocked on my door yet :)

18 hours ago, the bored hermit said:

I am a police officer in australia I have heard alot of people say this I promise your its a load of tosh only police can get that information and only if we have a sufficient reason as sysgen said an ip can point to a neighbourhood at best i had a guy say he got my ip so i asked him where do i live he said norway that was so stupid it was funny. If your ip was somehow obtained it will not have been obtained of truckersmp i can assure you of that. The company you joined do you have proof of them trolling/breaking rules if you do feel free to report them and a administrator will be able to deal with that. If you have any concerns feel free to contact me.

All great way tell what happened thank all of you

Just ignore the user who is constantly trolling you. If you know the exact info about the IP address that might be targeting you, you could possibly send out an abuse report to that ISPs email address. Very rarely will an IP be traced to the exact location so there is little need for police presence in relation to that unless they give permission. 

If the stalking was committed on TruckersMP, the incident would require the intervention of a web developer as it involves a specific IP address in addition to targeting a user (which warrants a ban on the forums by the moderators), however there's very little that he can do either. If the user ID was taken straight off of the TruckersMP database, that would also require a web developer's response (as the user gained unauthorised access to the system), as only the developers actually have access to the user ID databases.

don't worry about it. I have had my fair share of stalkers (over steam mostly)

there is no way they can get your address from an IP because they would need to get it from the ISP and the ISP will refuse to give such information to anyone except law enforcement.

lost count the amount of times weirdos have said they will come to my house and never actually arrive :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived