• Announcements

• Chris - TFM

Game versions updated - It's time to downgrade!   08/16/17

Once again a new version of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator have been released. If you wish to carry on playing TruckersMP, for the time being you will need to downgrade your game versions to   ETS2: "temporary_1_27 - 1.27.x for incompatible mods" ATS: "temporary_1_6 - 1.6.x for incompatible mods"   Use the following to learn how to downgrade:      Thanks!
davidpayne

My first collision

Hi,

I am new to Truckers MP. Today I was driving and was involved in my first collision. It was at a T intersection with traffic lights. I was approaching from the bottom of the T making a left turn and I had a green light. After entering the intersection I was hit by a player entering the intersection from the left. I think he was going too fast to stop at the red light.

Question: Are the traffic lights synchronised across the clients? If I had a green light, his light should have been red. Was the light red on his client?

After the collision I was insulted by this player, and he blamed me for the collision. I didn't say anything. At the time I didn't know how to report, I will do that next time.

In the aftermath of the collision I was sideways in the road blocking the roadway. I was attempting to remove my truck as quickly as possible. During this time another player approached me from behind and started to insult me for blocking the road. At this time I mentioned I was blocking the road because I was hit by another player.

Question: I was attempting to clear the roadway as quickly as possible. Could I be kicked or banned for blocking the road during this time if the player approaching from behind reported me? What should I do after a collision?

I eventually started moving again, and there was surprisingly very little damage done to my truck. I completed the delivery without any further incident.

I see many players appear to be following the traffic rules, but I also see players who are obviously speeding, and ignoring traffic lights. It doesn't always cause a collision, but ignoring the traffic rules appears like a good way to eventually cause collisions. I read the rules, and disobeying the traffic laws does not appear to be against the rules, just ramming.

Question: Should running red lights, and excessive speeding be against the rules, since it will eventually cause a collision?

Thanks,

David

Yes traffic lights are synchronised. 

Yes you can be kicked and / or banned for doing that, the best thing is just move on.

No, running through red lights isn't against the rules (and is nothing bad if it's done careful), same for exessive speeding.

@davidpayne Hello

Yes As Many No He Would Be In The Wrong In That for the most part you have the upper hand in the game if an another player hits you, you can then report the player by hitting The TAB Button on your keyboard and then click the person whom have hit you but like most would say this method it's best > 

You can report it if you have proof of video in the event of an accident

By Hitting Y on Your Keyboard, You cause the chat  pinpoint using this command /pinfo In Chat Put His Numbers Next To His/Hers name for it to be pinned to your chat bar then when done playing the game go to your Documents  And Look For A File Called ETSMP Click Look For a File Name Called Logs Again Click it Then Once More Seach For A File Called chat_ The Date You Were Playing On The Game. 

You can send a report from here https://truckersmp.com/reports/create

Thank You - Mr.Unknown 

To further answer your second question. If you are blocking the road after an accident it isn't considered blocking as there was a collision. The best thing to do is to either F7 or move off to the side then do what you need to do, like load an autosave or type in chat. However is can be considered blocking if you are there for an excessive amount of time. 

as far as i know is running a red light kick or banable if an accident happens. i hope im still right.. if not, this needs to be a thing (again)!!!

traffic laws should be enforced.

if no one is around and the light is read you may go through it if there are users around do not go through it if you cause a accident there is a 80% chance youll get reported on the website if they have evidence if you dont already get dealt with in game never take the risk its better safe then sorry.

@Syntog Is it a good idea to encourage loading autosaves? When players do that it causes crashes more often than not. This then results in players sending in reports - which get denied as it's not a bannable offence, getting annoyed, or even taking matters into their own hands. (I see this happen quite a bit)

Loading autosaves causes more crashes than its worth, and I'd expect that the quantity of reports from autosaves makes your job as an IGA that slight bit harder.

Sorry for the minor rant but I just dont agree with loading autosaves.

- Yes, Traffic lights (and train crossings) are synchronised.

- You could be kicked if an admin sees, you wouldn't be banned unless it was a repeat offence or in a high traffic area like Duisburg (don't take my word for that though, obviously, I'm not an admin). Unless you can recover pretty sharpish, it's best to F7+Enter to reduce problems.

- Technically, they are already against the rules, but's it's part of a blanket rule and is rarely, if ever, enforced. Admins have much bigger problems to deal with. Personally, I rarely find red light running a problem, speeding doesn't tend to be much of an issue either, it's the tools who don't slow down for bends that cause speed related issues. In fact, I'd argue that red light running is a necessity in high traffic areas as a means of keeping things moving,

Don't load autosaves either, frankly, seeing that kind of advice coming from an Admin disgusts me, it just causes more issues. Sure, it's frustrating to have your load wrecked by some idiot, but loading an autosave only passes that frustration on to someone else. Stop at services every now and again (or just at the side of the road) and save the game so you have a reasonably safe place to spawn when you load the save. Frankly, the idea that loading up a save in the middle of the road isn't a bannable offence is downright stupid if you ask me, especially in places like Duisburg and the all too famous C-D road... Because they're OBVIOUSLY not doing that on purpose right? /s /mini rant 

Edited by TheMcSame

^

I wasn't aware of the autosave issue...thanks for that info

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Removed unnecessary quotation. Please refer to the previous post with "^" or tag (@) the author.

12 hours ago, TheMcSame said:

- Yes, Traffic lights (and train crossings) are synchronised.

- You could be kicked if an admin sees, you wouldn't be banned unless it was a repeat offence or in a high traffic area like Duisburg (don't take my word for that though, obviously, I'm not an admin). Unless you can recover pretty sharpish, it's best to F7+Enter to reduce problems.

- Technically, they are already against the rules, but's it's part of a blanket rule and is rarely, if ever, enforced. Admins have much bigger problems to deal with. Personally, I rarely find red light running a problem, speeding doesn't tend to be much of an issue either, it's the tools who don't slow down for bends that cause speed related issues. In fact, I'd argue that red light running is a necessity in high traffic areas as a means of keeping things moving,

Don't load autosaves either, frankly, seeing that kind of advice coming from an Admin disgusts me, it just causes more issues. Sure, it's frustrating to have your load wrecked by some idiot, but loading an autosave only passes that frustration on to someone else. Stop at services every now and again (or just at the side of the road) and save the game so you have a reasonably safe place to spawn when you load the save. Frankly, the idea that loading up a save in the middle of the road isn't a bannable offence is downright stupid if you ask me, especially in places like Duisburg and the all too famous C-D road... Because they're OBVIOUSLY not doing that on purpose right? /s /mini rant 

I don't think auto saves are much of an issue, I do it all the time outside of the Calais Duisburg road, never caused an accident. As long as you used them outside of populated areas, you should be fine

I always drive at least half on the roadside/ emergency lane to quicksave.

In case I have to load it back, I do not spawn in the middle of the road and give more room for evasive actions.

Unfortunately not everybody is so bright or thinks that far ahead, to autosave in a safe location such as a hard shoulder on the motorway or a service station but do it on the road as there was nobody around. Sometimes they spawn right in front of someone else, giving that person no time at all to react, so the collision is most of the time not avoidable. It sometimes also happens that they spawn right in another player, causing unkown behaviour.

Running a red light for me is a no go, as it causes quite a few collisions and anger as all the involved parties think they're right, which causes quite a few reports for the admins to deal with. I would just stick to the rules and obey them. If the light is red, wait till it's green and go. You however sometimes get the occasional troll who thinks they're god and are allowed to do anything they want. Just report them silently or with a text in chat, that's up to you.

What I do: Report the person as quick as possible (TAB) - If it happened in a city, the list might be a bit too crowded with players, so I do F7+Enter first and report the player right afterwards.

It however also depends on the scenario. 99,9% of the time I only report, if it was on purpose (you can see that). If the other player tried to avoid the collision and you see that he/she had no chance of avoiding it, I see it as accident and most of the times they do also apologize straight away. In that case I'm letting them off the hook and continue my journey.

19 hours ago, ws353 said:

I don't think auto saves are much of an issue, I do it all the time outside of the Calais Duisburg road, never caused an accident. As long as you used them outside of populated areas, you should be fine

Outside of populated areas, yeah, you're generally fine, but I'd still heavily advise against it. It's not a matter of if you cause an accident, but when. Just because you've done it and haven't any problems up to now, it doesn't mean you wont have problems in the future.  You wouldn't want to run into (or get flung while in traffic by) someone who spawned in the middle of the road, so why risk doing the same to others?

The only place where I'd say they aren't much of an issue is Scandinavia, Southern France and soon to be release Southern Italy (in other words DLC areas) simply because the population is so low in those areas. But even then, I'd still advise against it.

no all lights.. road construction is not synchronized as far as i know.. i would be carefull around them - until an admin or developer says the road construction lights are sync. :)

On 15/8/2017 at 9:58 AM, sgpch1983 said:

no all lights.. road construction is not synchronized as far as i know.. i would be carefull around them - until an admin or developer says the road construction lights are sync. :)

Good to know that, i have in the past some issues thanks to that desync. And OP,  when you have more experience in MP, you can develop a sixth sense to prevent accidents and trolls, always check the GPS if someone is close to you don't cross the intersection at least the other player stop to the red light.