Renault Magnum Opinions

SirSWillis

• 1 month later...

After some time since I last posted here, now I am planing to start my trucking career and trucks i would drive are, MB, Iveco, Daf and Renault Magnum, maybe Scania, but Scania has rly small cab so, RM or MB would be perfect, Iveco, Daf or Man arent bad too, so in real life I would probably pick one of this 4-5 trucks (not sure about Man), in game... well... i dont know what to say, I do like Magnum a lot but it is game so I cant stay on one truck for too long, but i always get back soon to Magnum or Iveco Hi-way. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to say the Magnum definitely looks unique to say the least, in game anyways. I can't say it's my favorite truck to drive in game because I've only driven it a handful of times in distances less than 200 km, and every time the rear wheels would slip at the slightest turns for me. As far as seeing one in real life, I never seen one because there are no Magnums in the U.S., let alone any European semi-trucks.

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online_profile.php?id=85051 <--World of Trucks Profile

I play EU#1 on ETS2MP, North America on ATS

I drive the speed limit, stop at red lights, ect. (Unless I'm bobtailing on the autobahn :P)

I have thoughts about creating a truck club.

The Magnum is ok.

HOWEVER...

The huge limitations in customization are a big damper. You can't even change the chassis! Though that's not really the issue for me. A neat combination of bull bars and the right paint job can give that truck a really cool appearance. But for me in particular, what really drives me away from this truck is the lack of GPS on the dashboard. Same deal with the Premium. I don't like using the Route Advisor (I hate unnecessary stuff on my screen. Not even the F2 mirrors).

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

After seeing this post, I decided to give the Magnum another chance. Of course the difference between now and the last time I drove this truck is now I'm using a wheel instead of a keyboard. Anyways, 2500 km later I find this truck isn't too bad, and it looks pretty good in the Gulf Oil colors :P

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online_profile.php?id=85051 <--World of Trucks Profile

I play EU#1 on ETS2MP, North America on ATS

I drive the speed limit, stop at red lights, ect. (Unless I'm bobtailing on the autobahn :P)

I have thoughts about creating a truck club.

One of  my friends uses it. He told me it may not have the HP like Scania and Volvo but he said that thing hauled ass lol

I drove it a little, wasn't bad, wasn't good either. Never drove it on a load so I might buy one and try it on a load and see how it does (ironic if the first load was 25T Dry Milk or something, put it to the test lol)

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

One of  my friends uses it. He told me it may not have the HP like Scania and Volvo but he said that thing hauled ass lol

I drove it a little, wasn't bad, wasn't good either. Never drove it on a load so I might buy one and try it on a load and see how it does (ironic if the first load was 25T Dry Milk or something, put it to the test lol)

I bought one a few days ago and I have been driving it ever since. Made about three deliveries with it so far. All three of 25 tons and I gotta say... although it sort of drags itself along the road with heavy loads (mostly uphills) it isn't that bad. It gets the job done, it has a very good visibility and the engine sounds nice. Again, like I said before, the Magnum is ok but the lack of GPS on the dash is the real issue for me.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/529512439119000067/40998BB79B9F95DE814EA0F6CA41B0A7EEF3DA8D/

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Well I am going to try it and see how it does, I think I will be satisfied with the outcome

Renault is really the only cheaper truck I am willing to try other than maybe a DAF

EDIT: First load is 27.5 Tons, this will be interesting 

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

I have 4 trucks right now. 1st was a E5 DAF, 2nd was a Renault Premium 3rd was my favorite because of the paint job (Metallic silver with a darker silver and it shined in the light) and my fourth is my company Scania Streamline (Stobart) But I have to say I drove every one of those trucks a minimum of 30,000km's+ Maybe once I get tierd of that Scania (Because I just joined Stobart yesterday) I'll ask Stuart about me buying a Magnum. Or I'll just buy the Mercedes when and if Stuart allows that as a company truck.

• 2 months later...
  • Matt locked this topic

Archived