Server Config Changes

AbbieGator

Do you like the settings on the Trial server?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like these changes?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/17 at 12:23 PM

@Ryeng I disagree, The numbers on the servers are very telling, EU2 is the most popular with EU3 being the 2nd most popular, the majority of people want to speed and there is noting wrong with speeding, limiting all servers except one would be very unfair and more then likely turn quite alot of people away.  If the majority wanted speed limiter then EU1 would be the most popular but thats just not the case. 

@Trucking Gekco I can understand why they choose EU3 and it is good to see a mixture of different servers to give people options and the moaning posts here about cars should come to an end now that there is a non speed limited server without cars. Noting wrong with just driving, sometime its nice to get out of the truck and drive the car and its nice to see cars driving around and not a road full of only trucks.

I have seen plenty of trolls using trucks on EU2, trolls use both trucks and cars so its not a case of they all choose the car and are only forced to use trucks when the car is not available, trucks can and do cause just as much damage, trolls use a mixture of both the truck and car. Of course there will be less trolls on EU3 but not because there is no cars there but because its the quieter server.

The majority of cars don't drive recklessly (I'm in the busy areas most days and see alot of bad driving in both trucks and cars)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

On 12/8/2017 at 8:49 AM, Dwarf04 said:

-1. The issue is not car, it's the driver who drives reckless.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:03 AM, Flusengrabscher said:

So, no Cars and no Speedlimit means, You will be trolled with Solo Trucks, instead of Cars! Where´s the Difference?

Troll is Troll and Trolls doing Trollstuff with or without a Car!

One possible Solution would be Ranked Serversided Profiles and not Client Side. So, the Player must get a Rank and a good Reputation to be allowed in using Cars. It also helps to sort out the "Steamsale" Trolls! Also the Player can not cheat any Money and so on. Players will Think Twice to risk their Profile, when they need hard Work to get a Rank and Reputation.

But Nevermind, for Trolls it doesn´t matter.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:20 AM, Fulgura said:

Wrong, there's EU1 for that, why are you not there, then? You'll get trolling trucks instead of cars, nothing will change, trolls gonna troll.

I better use my car and travel all roads for achievement, then I'll get back to EU3.

Useful comments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 12/8/2017 at 9:37 PM, KhaosHammer said:

TruckersMP isn't "losing so many players". In fact, we have many new members everyday. There are 1'658'760 players registered and this number is constantly increasing.

1'658'760 players;

1'650'760 Banned(that buy many keys) / bored players;

0'008'000 Players that still play.. for now..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 12/8/2017 at 9:14 PM, oolala11 said:

Trolling with a truck is a lot harder. It is harder to flip a truck and harder to lose control or accelerate as fast

Visit Volvo Dealer -> Buy Volvo 750hp -> go troll. Where is the difficult part?

On 12/8/2017 at 2:21 PM, scarface0359 said:

Opening new servers is not free. If this trial turns out positive, we can do this if we know it's going to be used. Investing money in something that might not turn out well is risky.

If isn't free, don't open 10 servers (ATS + ETS) but just 4 with many slots.

5 hours ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

@Ryeng I disagree, The numbers on the servers are very telling, EU2 is the most popular with EU3 being the 2nd most popular, the majority of people want to speed and there is noting wrong with speeding, limiting all servers except one would be very unfair and more then likely turn quite alot of people away.

That's wrong, majority of people want to see other people.. you are playing a multiplayer game and not an "Alone Driving Simulator". EU2 has 3500 slots (everyday full), so that's why.

^^

@Turkish DR?VER yeah, i like to wait my turn.

Edited by [ICG] [23]ThunderSky

As long as we have a 'simulation' server, I'm good.

I've given the other servers a fair chance and I'd rather play SP then go back there.

9 hours ago, Trucking Gekco said:

EU1 No cars, speed limit

EU2 Cars, no speed limit

EU3 (was) Cars, no speed limit

EU4 Global NCZ (Troll free)

Why have 2 servers the exact same? That's why they changed EU3 instead of EU4. Those who hate being rammed play on EU4 without the fear of getting a damaged load, EU2 is the most popular server so they leave that untouched, EU1 is the simulation server so that leaves EU3. Some may argue that if EU2 is full they have a server to fall back on and still drive a car, but think of it this way. If you're driving a car, what are you actually doing? You can't grab a load and make money, all you're doing is just driving. Which don't get me wrong is fine, but if all you want to do is drive around then hop in your truck and drive, get a trailer while you're at it and make some money. 

100% agree with this, but because of the physics behind the car they do more damage than they should when a reckless driver hits another player in a truck. Also, if a troll had the option between a truck and a car they'd choose the car all the time just because of the damage it can do. Granted there will still be trolls on EU3 I would imagine the number will be much lower now just because they need to drive a truck instead of a car. If they banned the cars on all servers then trolls would have no choice but to drive a truck which wouldn't really change anything. 

You can control it, I can control them, others can control them, however, the majority wrecks it for the few. Typically, the majority of all car drivers drive recklessly so as a result they wreck it for the few who can drive them properly.

In my opinion I should go back as I was, there are people who drive well and it is not necessary to remove the cars and also you have to think that nobody will want to make a convoy in EU2 as there are many people and "trolls", so I think EU3 should stay As it was, you could have pilot cars for your convoy, without there being a lot of people on the server, but if there are no cars the convoys that need pilot cars will be forced to go to EU2 making this server this even more crowded And impossible to play. I await your response, Greetings!

^

Trains have never had to have the pilot cars.
So when the mp was released did not have the cars and several trains were made.
Leaves Europe 3 as this certainty now is much better without the cars.
Already has cars in Europe 2 and the server and 3500 slots.

Edited by Anriandor
Removed unnecessary quotation.

6 hours ago, Gines_5002 said:

so I think EU3 should stay As it was, you could have pilot cars for your convoy, without there being a lot of people on the server, but if there are no cars the convoys that need pilot cars will be forced to go to EU2 making this server this even more crowded And impossible to play. I await your response, Greetings!

Pilots cars were already useless when they were first implemented. You can't block traffic like they do IRL, so what use is a pilot car? The pilot car has beacons, but so do the trucks in ETS 2. Instead of using a car to pilot they can use a truck and still have beacons and still pilot a convoy, just not in a car. My VTC doesn't use pilot cars and we do just fine, and at times we have 20+ members in a convoy. All you need to have someone designated as the lead, and someone designated as the tail. The leader warns the convoy of what lanes we need, if players are coming and when we are about to turn. The tail tells the leader when they fall behind, when a player is passing the rear of the convoy and when a collision has happened. No pilot car involved.

Inappropriate Convoy Management

Groups (And Individuals) which offer services such as piloting a convoy, or directing trucks during a convoy are not allowed to block, or slow down, traffic in any way, shape, or form.

• Upvote 1

@Trucking Gekco I don't agree with you , IRL pilot cars manage the heavy loads and convoys of heavy loads , they have permission to block traffic if its necessary . (I live near a Heavy Transport Company , they do it all the time) .

@KrewlexDesigns LOL, I never said they can't block traffic IRL, going back to that post "Pilots cars were already useless when they were first implemented. You can't block traffic like they do IRL"

I know pilot cars IRL block traffic they need to so the drivers get the room they need. However, they cannot do it in TMP making the pilot cars useless.

^

Lol my bad , I understanded you differently . Yes that is true , nobody stops for pilot cars anyway . They are not useless , they create LAG with their beacons .

Edited by CroTruck
Removed unnecessary quotation.

English:

I found the changes implemented on the "Europa 3" server very cool, but I would not particularly like to play on it. The game usually has its trucks, and we can also have cars, what we need is the users' awareness regarding the use of cars, where the goal is not to disturb but to have fun. In advance, I see that many prefer not to crash, not have cars and only play with the trucks, which was the initial goal of the game. But if it is a simulation, it is advisable to have cars, collisions, mess, traffic and boring things, which is what we currently live. I agree and do not agree with the server change, but there are those who like it! I, in my opinion, did not like that much. Hugs! o/

Portuguese:

Eu encontrei as mudanças implementadas no servidor "Europa 3" muito legal, mas eu não gostaria particularmente de jogar nele. O jogo geralmente tem seus caminhões, e também podemos ter carros, o que precisamos é a consciência dos usuários sobre o uso de carros, onde o objetivo não é perturbar, mas se divertir. Com antecedência, vejo que muitos preferem não bater, não ter carros e jogar apenas com os caminhões, que foi o objetivo inicial do jogo. Mas se é uma simulação, é aconselhável ter carros, colisões, bagunça, trânsito e coisas aborrecidas, que é o que atualmente vivemos. Eu concordo e não concordo com a mudança do servidor, mas há aqueles que gostam! Na minha opinião, eu não gostava tanto disso. Abraços! o/

I'd have to say I want to keep the cars. Sure, its annoying when say you are delivering a cargo worth a lot and you are broke. A car comes and shoots your truck into the air. You have a damaged cargo penalty and a truck to pay for but it is fun having cars. They make the simulation more realistic. They are fun to drive when you are bored and can be useful to Pilot Convoys or specific loads. Please keep the cars.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              -Hutman

19 hours ago, hutman74 said:

I'd have to say I want to keep the cars. Sure, its annoying when say you are delivering a cargo worth a lot and you are broke. A car comes and shoots your truck into the air. You have a damaged cargo penalty and a truck to pay for but it is fun having cars. They make the simulation more realistic. They are fun to drive when you are bored and can be useful to Pilot Convoys or specific loads. Please keep the cars.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Cars are still available, you just need to play on EU 2 to use them if you want to play on a populated server. 

Also going back to my previous post, pilot cars are useless to pilot a convoy. In TMP they are not allowed to block traffic so what use is a pilot car to a convoy? Might as well hop in your truck and turn on those beacons then you're basically a pilot car, only difference is you can take a load and make some money while piloting. Judging by the 80% positive vote on this poll, this change will probably remain. 

I really like the new server.  The busiest I've seen it is just less than 1500 people so I wish it would get a bit busier, but it's been nice to play on when ever I have been there.  I've only seen once incident in the chat of someone wanting to report someone else, as compared to EU2 where that's about as common as putting butter on bread.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:27 PM, SubVerse said:

Having more staff would be better than wasting the time setting up a server.

I agree with you on this part. Making more servers and some of that nature is pointless. Work on hiring more administrators. Work to hire personnel to work on reports only. Server updates are nice but what you have in mind is stupid in my opinion. Look at how your Administrators work. Look at how many reports are coming in all the time. Look at ways to lower that and compensate for the lack of responses you all give us players. Figure out ways to satisfy us normal players and not ways to just get us more pissed off.