Server Config Changes

AbbieGator

Do you like the settings on the Trial server?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like these changes?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/17 at 12:23 PM

Well then they should ban all the trollers and idiots, who ruins the game from every single witnesses and evidences.

Edited by BurakPow [TR-DK-ENG-DE]

My languages: Turkish, Danish, English and German

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or need help

Trucker since August 2015 ;)

@Killua // Ireland ^_^ I was confused by the lack of detail on the update. I thought Eu 1 had limiters removed and all servers had free speed now. I now see that I was mistaken on this aspect.

I still stand by my earlier statement though. I'm disappointed to see that the biggest servers with the most people is the ones where simulation is at the lowest. I don't understand the decision to open plenty of servers with no speed limits as it changes the core of the game too much imo. I would much rather see people being forced to play the game as it is intended with default settings (limiters on) from SCS when they choose to go play multiplayer. The people who can't stand the limiters can play their truck racing game offline or on a smaller server with less people, not be the ones that get the biggest server and multiple servers available to race around the map in 150+ kmh. TMP should be catered towards truck simmers, not truck racers imo. 

Noting wrong with people wanting to speed, there is EU1 with a speed limiter for those that want to play on a speed limited server, forcing a speed limit on all server would be extremely unfair, the current server system is good and has a choice for everyone (only downside is that there is no EU2 backup now that EU3 has no cars :unsure:)

Besides in SP you can turn off the speed limiter and traffic offenses :P So just because there is a speed limiter in game by default it is optional :) 

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Imo, the car should only be used on a speed limited server to reduce the number of people losing control intentionally or by accident. A Scout is more stable at 56mph compared to 90mph. 

The game is based on simulation and we should not.turn it into a racer.

Plenty of people (me included) can control the cars at speed and know when to slow down, no need for the car to be on a speed limited server. Yes this game is based on simulation and in real life lots of people speed (some way above the speed limit) If you cannot control the car at speed then you shouldn't drive at speed until you can handle the car :P

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Passenger cars are a huge contribution to display real traffic.

To exclude them will always be a loss of realism.

The exclusion of speed limits also reduces realism.

However, I am happy for those players who are not able to follow road rules or prefer to ignore them, as this new server setting gives them more variety.

12 hours ago, oolala11 said:

Imo, the car should only be used on a speed limited server to reduce the number of people losing control intentionally or by accident. A Scout is more stable at 56mph compared to 90mph. 

The game is based on simulation and we should not.turn it into a racer.

Absolutely, I agree with you . A Scout car should be driving a speed limit.

I like the new idea of having a server without them pesky little cars. It allows the serious trucks drivers, to drive their trucks and deliver their cargo without any of them trolls hitting you while they're overtaking you. Most of the time I encountered these on motorways, overtaking me and noticing that they're going to shoot past their exit and ramming me, just to get to their exit. I'm sure they do it in real life as well *sarcasm*

Most of them car drivers I came across, didn't know how to handle the car, because shooting around sharp corners with over 60mph on the speedometer is in no way safe nor real. This usually causes them to flip the car and glueing it to the side of my trailer. If I get 100 GBP for each car on the side of my trailer, I'd be rich :)

I guess their brain just shuts off at some point; Sitting in a car, the car goes fast, it overtakes trucks easily, it must be a racing game and I'm going to win this race ;)

@Killua // Ireland ^_^ This is indeed a simulation so cars do not have to be here, considering it's a trucking game. However they are here for a treat. But what players do not realise they are an issue for us iga's occasionally. We're not removing them because they're a nice feature. We're just trying to make them a safer experience for everyone. In a way we now have every type of server for you people to enjoy.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Current Advisor of

TruckersMP.com

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

^ exactly what i've said all along, it's called a truck sim for a reason, they do not need to be added and have been a pain  since

People keep mentioning this its a truck sim etc yet seem to fail to realize that its actually more realistic to have cars in MP because part of driving a trucks is to have smaller vehicles like cars around you and driving on the roads aswell as just trucks. In SP and real life you do not see only trucks on the roads do you :rolleyes: Also all the complaining of cars being the biggest issue and noting but pain since they came is a bit ridiculous as trucks troll and cause just as many problems, I'm on MP almost every day and usually in and around busy areas and see plenty of cars and trucks causing problems and driving badly and see trolls/rammers in both cars and trucks.

As Nameless said there is now a server type for everyone, simulation - speed limited, non speed limited with and without cars and NCZ server so all this complaining about cars should hopefully come to an end now :) Just a shame that EU3 is gone (sort of) as in if EU2 gets really laggy again (which does seem to happen occasionally) there won't really be another server to switch to thats identical to EU2 but thats not too big of a deal really I guess :rolleyes:

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Killua // Ireland ^_^  a i agree  that makes the game more realistic with cars really but a dont have much problems with the cars part from the people that drives them the cars r good if every1 would respect them more and the servers if there gna make a new server for that reason then fair play 2 them ave been on that new server but didnt seem normal as any other server does ma opinion though. anyway safe driving :)

Plus 1 ! I love this!

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

Well, I don't like to be in EU2 again, the server is too unstable for my connection, approx.+-40ms ping changes in seconds are too much (even my pings aren't the best already, 85ms is the lowest). I hope things will get back to what they were and cars will be back to EU3, don't want to sell my car, it has 70k on it and I like to use it much. Oh if they didn't come back, well, I have to say goodbye to it, unfortunately. IMO, being in EU3 is better than being in EU2, even without cars. Just waiting for the final decision.

Edited by Fulgura

^

Has server europe 4 with cars and also has server North America with cars.

8 hours ago, OfficialTrident said:

I greatly appreciate the work you guys have done with the test server but, I do not think as many people will enjoy this if it gets put on say eu1 or eu2, maybe putting it on a less populated eu server will be better otherwise it may cause a lot of people to argue with your decision.

There are several people taking advantage of this having
Achievements stats

europa 3 700 players
europa 4 120 players 
europa 1 460 players
europa 2 3100 players

Edited by Anriandor
Removed unnecessary quotation.

On 8/13/2017 at 3:13 AM, Gines_5002 said:

Why not change another server? For example EU4

EU1 No cars, speed limit

EU2 Cars, no speed limit

EU3 (was) Cars, no speed limit

EU4 Global NCZ (Troll free)

Why have 2 servers the exact same? That's why they changed EU3 instead of EU4. Those who hate being rammed play on EU4 without the fear of getting a damaged load, EU2 is the most popular server so they leave that untouched, EU1 is the simulation server so that leaves EU3. Some may argue that if EU2 is full they have a server to fall back on and still drive a car, but think of it this way. If you're driving a car, what are you actually doing? You can't grab a load and make money, all you're doing is just driving. Which don't get me wrong is fine, but if all you want to do is drive around then hop in your truck and drive, get a trailer while you're at it and make some money. 

On 8/13/2017 at 3:32 AM, slushbro said:

I also think so. It is easy to ban cars but a person who drives reckless will drive now reckless with a truck on EU3. 

100% agree with this, but because of the physics behind the car they do more damage than they should when a reckless driver hits another player in a truck. Also, if a troll had the option between a truck and a car they'd choose the car all the time just because of the damage it can do. Granted there will still be trolls on EU3 I would imagine the number will be much lower now just because they need to drive a truck instead of a car. If they banned the cars on all servers then trolls would have no choice but to drive a truck which wouldn't really change anything. 

On 8/13/2017 at 10:29 PM, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

Plenty of people (me included) can control the cars at speed and know when to slow down, no need for the car to be on a speed limited server.

You can control it, I can control them, others can control them, however, the majority wrecks it for the few. Typically, the majority of all car drivers drive recklessly so as a result they wreck it for the few who can drive them properly.

@Killua // Ireland ^_^ I agree on some of it. It's not wrong that people can speed, but I think it's wrong that only one server is using speed limiters while all others are free speed. It should've been the other way around imo. If people really wanted to speed then they could queue up for the one or two servers that allowed it, or race around in SP. Even more so the biggest server should've definitely been a more realistic one with speed limiters instead of free speed as today. Then you can have smaller servers with free speed so that there is a trade-off between driving as fast as you want and playing with as many as possible.