• Announcements

• Chris - TFM

Game versions updated - It's time to downgrade!   08/16/17

Once again a new version of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator have been released. If you wish to carry on playing TruckersMP, for the time being you will need to downgrade your game versions to   ETS2: "temporary_1_27 - 1.27.x for incompatible mods" ATS: "temporary_1_6 - 1.6.x for incompatible mods"   Use the following to learn how to downgrade:      Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Myxtro

Are bullbars functional?

Are bullbars in ets2/ats functional? Like, do they actually protect the truck from frontal collisions and reduce damage? Or are they just for decoration purposes?

Just for decoration, there's even truckers IRL who have bull bars there just for decoration. I always see the tow truck drivers on Highway Thru Hell hooking up to the bull bar just to rip it right off of the truck because it's not attached to the frame. 

I think to bullbar hasn't a hitbox they are for decoration and it wont reduce the damage i have driven a truck with and without bullbar and with the same speed into a wall and the result is 30% damage with and without bullbar

11 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Just for decoration, there's even truckers IRL who have bull bars there just for decoration. I always see the tow truck drivers on Highway Thru Hell hooking up to the bull bar just to rip it right off of the truck because it's not attached to the frame. 

@Trucking Gekco the usa/Canadian trucks have them for just incase they hit animals too so it dont mess the truck up to much when you hit a 2 ton moose or a Bambi 

There just for decoration it would be cool if they were functional it would be good though protect the trucks so you have a chance of getting to a destination in at least 2 peices :P 

In real life it's useful when driving at wild areas. Look at the video below. Also Australian truck drivers use half windshield protectors on their trucks for stone and wild animal collision. In game , i don't know.

@chipmunk197  that is true they do infact do SOME protection but not alot friend of mine totaled his w900 loaded B~Train with woodchips after he hit a moose even with the bullbar on the truck still totaled all really depends on the size if the animal hit