Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

A simple, one-time traffic rules test, in order to be connected with the server.

LiudvikasLTU

I have been an on and off user since 2015, and finally got around making my first post. 

I have been thinking about this idea for quite a long time.

Suggestion Name: 

VERY simple, one-time only traffic rules test, which should be required in order to be connected to a TruckersMP server. (Except for the no collision one).

Suggestion Description:

It really shouldn't be made to be hard, as this is a game after all, but it would really make driving a lot less nerve-wrecking and a lot more fun. 

I think there shouldn't be any theory to read, because many people get bored after the first sentence, so they should be given the test right away.

If they don't pass the simple test, they will be encouraged to go and find an article in the internet themselves and read a little bit about the traffic rules, thus improving the learning effectiveness.

Example image:

hOYj9Z8.png

Which things I think should be included in the test:

• Priority road / Give way.
  • Uncontrolled crossroad with no priority signs (give way to the vehicles coming from the right).
  • Driving rules in roundabouts (especially for Americans, who don't experience many roundabouts back home. They are really simple to explain, but prove to be a nightmare when drivers don't know the rules of driving in them).
  • How do you properly execute an overtaking maneuver? 
  • Driving in the first lane of the road whenever possible (in order not to congest and block the traffic coming from behind you).
  • How to make turns into/out of cargo terminals with a truck (several proposed yellow lines that represent driving routes, from the top view).
  • Driving in a sharp bend (many people flip their vehicles, because they realize they are going too fast in a corner, so they slam on their brakes and start uncontrollably sliding. Choosing the correct speed before a turn, and maintaining it while driving in a bend should be encouraged).
  • Several questions about the mutual respect between drivers.

And this would be it.

Why should it be added?

These are just 8 questions, but knowing them can improve the quality of driving by a whole lot. Of course there will always be trolls, of course there will always be drivers who do not care about the rules, but many people will still learn something from it, especially the younger players, who will want to get their driver licenses later on in life.

This is my suggestion, thank you for reading.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

+1

I love everything about this, including not having to wait in excruciatingly long lines at my local Department / Bureau of Motor Vehicles. 

Additionally, it would serve as a catch all for people claiming to 'not have known' that a certain sign or rule was that way in the server because "It's different where I live." 

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

this is good at least players would get educated about the road laws.

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

@LiudvikasLTU

My suggestion to you is you first edit your post using the following code.

Suggestion Name: 
Suggestion Description:
Any example images: 
Why should it be added?:

As for the suggestion itself I do like it and maybe the game/server could kick the user if he or she failed to many questions. In reality I don't think it will be added unfortunately.

47 minutes ago, LiudvikasLTU said:

of course there will always be drivers who do not care about the rules

Then there is ^ some will just put in the correct answers and do whatever it takes to play online but still break every rule possible.

As well here are some additional topics suggesting the same principle.

Riley.

Edited by K0rnholio
Had the format twice so I removed one.

People come on ETS2 Multiplayer to have fun. Some of which may not follow traffic laws but they try their best to enjoy the game without causing trouble and breaking rules.

At the end of the day, ETS2MP isn't a hard-core RP server for Euro Truck Simulator 2 nor ATS. It's a good idea on paper but in reality it just puts people off.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, revoluti0n said:

People come on ETS2 Multiplayer to have fun. Some of which may not follow traffic laws but they try their best to enjoy the game without causing trouble and breaking rules.

At the end of the day, ETS2MP isn't a hard-core RP server for Euro Truck Simulator 2 nor ATS. It's a good idea on paper but in reality it just puts people off.

That is true, and that's why I think the test should be really simple. I have mentioned the simplicity aspect a few times in my post.

These rules are just the uttermost basics and definitely not hard to remember, nor hard to follow. They would also make the life of an admin easier, as there would be less reports of unethical driving to dig through.

I suggest you use the search function before you suggest something.

Anyways, I don't think this is needed. If people would have to do a driving test everytime they login, they would get bored of it real fast and will stop playing the game eventually.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

6 hours ago, Nao-chan said:

There will be someone who puts the answers into the deeps of the Internet for everyone to copy them.

I did actually think a lot about this before suggesting the idea:

I think the real life situation has actually quite many similarities to this one. There are always ways to cheat around a driving test, or even go behind a wheel without having passed anything. You may last a week, you may last a month, hell, even a year, but you will eventually get caught for doing a stupid accident, and will have your ability to get a drivers license revoked for a long time, or even be put in jail.

Same thing applies here. Those who drive unethically, will get caught eventually for ramming, wrong way driving or blocking someone, while not abiding some very simple rules. The community would start slowly cleaning itself up, but I think the most important thing about this is that the new users will not get the wrong example from other bad drivers about how they should drive around here. Currently, the flow of bad drivers is a constant, and consequently the massive amount of reports is also a constant.  Some standards need to be set, and they won't solve the problems immediately, but in the long run they will provide a much better driver community.

I'm quite sure most of the crashes I am in involve are either from reckless and/or malicious driving, not from not knowing road rules. 

As as for knowing how to turn with trailer properly, it is a non issue, doesn't cause damage to other players .

driving just slow enough to not rollover is different from driving slowly, how would you distinguish btw them?

roundabouts are easy to learn, and crashes in them are always minor if you actually try to drive properly

At least 70% of all TMP players are 15 or younger , I really doubt that they gonna know how to answer this . People who wanna drive realistic as possible will learn this if they havent already , people who dont want , they will not . Most of TMP players dont actually care about any traffic rules . Good suggestion but its not worthy .

8 hours ago, CroTruck said:

At least 70% of all TMP players are 15 or younger , I really doubt that they gonna know how to answer this . People who wanna drive realistic as possible will learn this if they havent already , people who dont want , they will not . Most of TMP players dont actually care about any traffic rules . Good suggestion but its not worthy .

It is true that most people do not care about traffic rules. It is even seen to be weird if you actually obey the traffic lights in the TMP Universe ;)

And most of the time I never see anybody look both ways before turning into a main road intersection such as in Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

76561198323202969.png

+1

A good idea to remind people the traffic rules just as a little hint in the background.

On 10.8.2017 at 6:54 PM, [GER] Lasse said:

Very good idea, but I am not sure if that are the right categories. In the different countries are different rules. 

The basic traffic rules are of the world the same. But if you go to deep you are right.

-1 ... ETS2 and ATS are sold as games and not as a real life driving test.... if someone buys the game and fails the test due to being too young to actually drive in real life and not know the actual road laws, then how can they be sold as games?

I understand what you are trying to say, but you must remember, there is the eliment of "FUN" that is designed behind the idea of every simulator... This would take the fun out of it for everyone and would turn it into "Truck Driving Test Simulator"...

1 hour ago, Mr_Pingu said:

+1

I think this is a good idea and should be implemented to reduce the amount of players having issues with understanding road rules.

just because they understand the road rules does not mean they will follow them once they have passed this "test"...

+1, should have always been in place, if not even more rigid (actual driving test and license to connect to servers). Why TMP is supposed to be for everyone is beyond me. Minimum requirement to play should have always been to be able to follow basic traffic rules. Kids that don't pass the test can play singleplayer. Too bad something like this will never happen. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.