Players In-game upgrades

This will be my last post.

Each and one of you became nervous, not because someone hit you, but because you lose you xp and in many situations you reach your destination for nothing.

I stop playing on EU1,2 and 3 because in 2/3 jobs in reach my destination damaged. 

Suggestion:

Create a package in which, the player truck and trailer are immune to other players collision, for a small fee. (in-game purchase based on email related to truckersmp).

Now, I don't know what this impose, but I think that it will great to have a weapon against trolling and bad driving.

Just as @Trucking Gekco said, there's already a mod that prevents it and If your suggestion is leaning towards ways of profiting, there are many to be found. If the heads of the community will announce requests regarding that, I will throw out some of mine. However If you are trying to prevent damage, the most you'll get is with the mod or just drive a skoda. I was being very pissed about bad drivers back in the days but nowadays, you just get used to them. Still better in a game than on the real streets.

On 2017-08-08 at 5:47 PM, PaRaDoX38 said:

This will be my last post.

Each and one of you became nervous, not because someone hit you, but because you lose you xp and in many situations you reach your destination for nothing.

I stop playing on EU1,2 and 3 because in 2/3 jobs in reach my destination damaged. 

Suggestion:

Create a package in which, the player truck and trailer are immune to other players collision, for a small fee. (in-game purchase based on email related to truckersmp).

Now, I don't know what this impose, but I think that it will great to have a weapon against trolling and bad driving.

Very good! 

This small fee will make truckermp to get income.

Example > : 1 day / one week / one month / 3 months / 6 month or 1 year - something like this would use full! :)

I agree!

Edited by Square Fenix
Change 24 years to 1 year!

23 hours ago, Trucking Gekco said:

It's a way for TMP to gain some sort of income

With regard to OP's suggestion and the quote above, TMP is not supposed to benefit or gain any money off the game as mentioned by both TMP and SCS, so sadly won't be happening.

The only way this would work is getting SCS to create an official DLC package through their forums (which probably wouldn't be favoured much also because others will then complain about losing the realism factor etc etc... and the list will go on as the simulator is based off single player and there are already non-official mods for said issue). 

Hence, -1.

A solution for now is to try picking up the habit of using your quick-save button (the one you can customise to your liking in your settings) and quick-save at different safe intervals throughout your journey.

Record, report, and relax. I feel that we need more people recording and doing such safe quick-saves in order to rid the trolls at a faster rate and at the same time, having said trolls cause us 0% damage as all we need to do after the accident is reload back to that safe place. 

Best regards,

MettleMeat.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

^ Ok, well that I didn't know lol... 

However I would recommend against using the quick save because no matter what people think, it's not safe. You'll be saving on the road and if you happen to load that save you might end up wrecking someones truck and load who doesn't use the quick save at all. Now that player has a wrecked truck and possibly a useless load now all because you loaded a quick save to get away from a player who wrecked you (and to erase your damage) just to wreck another player in the process. I would recommend to pull to the side of the road or drive into a NCZ then save the game and continue. If you get into an accident then load the save that's off the main road and then you won't wreck anyone at all. 

^ yup. It is understood what safe quick-save intervals throughout your journey meant. It IS safe.

+ you don't have to stop by the side all the time, many drivers who have been practicing this habit for a long time knows that when the road ahead and/or at the back of them is clear,

all we do is indicate our lights towards the road shoulder, quick save button and indicate back out onto road to continue on our way to save time or whatever other reasons. Note this practice is only for the simulator and TMP as there are no rules that state we are not allowed to do that. And this also does not simulate a real life situation because in some countries doing such a thing is indeed a crime itself.

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

For those of you saying that it is not realistic, what if the purchase is something like insurance and roadside assistance coverage. If you buy this and get crashed, then you can get towed for cheap or free and repair the truck for cheap or free. Maybe a deductible could be added so nobody just gets towed to the next city to cut off time. As others have stated, TMP can't legally or easily make money on this, so cash is out of the question at least for now. Just throwing ideas to the critics here. Overall this isn't a bad idea at all.

Furthermore, what if the insurance was bought with in-game currency but you had to have made it to a certain level (on a verified profile) to get the insurance. For example, when you make it to level 5, basic insurance will be available like coverage up to 50% damage, then level 8 would be up to 75% damage and half of the towing cost, for example. Maybe it would cost 1 dollar or whatever currency per mile for basic coverage and up for more coverage when unlocked. This would prevent the "trolls" from having this insurance because most are not patient enough to make it to a required level. Again just brainstorming out loud here.

^ Likewise.. as said from my initial post .. wrong forum: 

23 hours ago, MettleMeat said:

only way this would work is getting SCS

Take it to SCS Forums for your idea too, as it has to do with the base game. 

TMP is just a third party "unofficial" mod, not an "official" mod done by SCS.

Best regards,

MettleMeat.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, Erael said:

^

+1, it doesnt solve the problem at all. If you want to avoid collisions, simply go on EU4 and voilà ;)

and what? Play alone? No thx.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, Joao Rodrigues said:

@PaRaDoX38,

your suggestion is not a weapon against trolling and bad driving.

It is only one of many suggested workarounds, and with that does not approach the root of the matter.

Make me a full picture at [email protected] . Maybe I could help.

• 8 months later...

"Pay to win" is not going to come to TruckersMP. There will not be any benefits for paying money. Donations are welcome but will not give you anything in exchange.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.