to admins: Adding bantime when user is already banned

ThePolarBearEST

Suggestion Name: Adding bantime when user is already banned
Suggestion Description: If user just gets banned for 3 days like example and next day admin sees new report about the same guy, broke the rules against someone else, then admins should add some days/weeks to his bantime or smth, not just say that, he is already banned and thats it.
Why should it be added?: At the moment, if somebody ramming me off the road, then i take my personal time, to make a clip and upload a video of that and make a report in truckersmp page. Then 2 weeks later when admin finally sees my report, he says that "this player is already banned" (because he did something to another player or broke some other rule?) but tnx for ur report. And thats it? I dont want that my report is like useless and he get punished because what he did to others, but he dont get a punish of what he did to me like example?

Let me take my last report. Some guy with skoda rammed me off the road(+wrong side driving) on 22 july. I reported it on 23 july. Today 04 august, some admin finally replyed to my report that "This player is currently banned. Thank you for your report." I checked and he got banned also in 30 july to 01 august. And again in 03 august and he gets his unban tonight. So he didnt get punished about ramming me? I think thats the place, where he deserves like longer ban or something. Im not admin i know,  But somebody please do something that we dont need to feel useless because of making these reports about stupid players.

The problem is not that it takes forever before admins reply to your report. The problem is that, almost half of our reports soon will be like just a waste of time. Because right now its like lottery. Is this player gets a ban before admin sees your report or not. If he gets ban before, he will not get any extra punishment for what he did to you.

Sry for my bad english and im not even sure that my post is in right place or correctly typed and maybe somewhere is like already same topic. But looking forward to get some answers soon. Thanks for your time.

Edited by ThePolarBearEST

I can totally understand your concern. This can sometimes really be annoying if you take the time to file a report just to get notified that the perpetrator has already been banned.

However, TruckersMP admins always try to deal with every report accordingly which means that those reports who contain the ID of an already banned player will often be forwarded to the admin who issued the ban. That is the way how it is meant to be, unfortunately, not everybody does it and those kinds of reports get sometimes declined instantly.

Nevertheless, you should know that if an admin got the report, he will most likely add the (new) evidence to the ban in order to extend its duration.

Being an avid reporter, I've found that it depends entirely upon which admin handles the ban.

They should add the evidence and extend the ban anyway, as shown below:

kUyDYRiwReSR1jX7aiHKag.png

n5QDEujyQjS0bFjR6szPMg.png

However, some admins don't do this - Some have good reason, say a perm ban was enforced on the user for an entirely different offence. However, some just don't bother.

The system does sort-of exist, but it still depends upon which administrator ;).

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

1 hour ago, Anriandor said:

However, TruckersMP admins always try to deal with every report accordingly which means that those reports who contain the ID of an already banned player will often be forwarded to the admin who issued the ban. That is the way how it is meant to be, unfortunately, not everybody does it and those kinds of reports get sometimes declined instantly.

so the problem is not in the system? Problem is that wrong people have been made to admins? And thats what we cant change arent we? This is just sad. And im sure, these reports arent get "sometimes" declined instantly. I think it happens more than sometimes often and often. Its huge thing whats need improving.

Hello,

I've seen this happen many times before, and I don't think it would need to be added. As said above, it depends on which admin is extending the ban. 

By the way, your suggestion is a suggestion like everyone should do it. A solid description and good information. Good job!

Regards,

ThatCrazyPillow 

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

I do indeed know that people who are currently banned cannot be reported, @DrEGZo. I was referring to the situation the OP described when claiming that some of his reports get declined because the perpetrator has been banned before the report got claimed.

And I do not think that the wrong people have been promoted to admins as it indeed is a system issue rather than human failure. Currently, nobody is forced to forward the report or to add the evidence. Self-evidently, I have not read the rules for in-game admins, however, forwarding a ban does not necessarily have to be done. :)

I stopped bothering with making web reports because every single one of my reports have been declined and it's very discouraging for every report you make to be declined and make no difference. Like OP said, it makes you and the time you spent, feel totally useless. My reports were declined either for the player already being banned, after I had created my report (meaning I had valid evidence) and my report/evidence was not used to to extend the ban, so I was simply just given the same response you got. Or for "insufficient evidence". Or evidence being over a year old. Or the offense not being bannable. Like, for some reason, parking on the road/blocking part of the road, isn't bannable..... Seriously? I see admins decide to ban for that on ETS2 a lot. But it isn't bannable on ATS? So I can just go park on a highway and block part of it on ATSMP and I'll be completely fine? Alrighty then. Yeah, that makes complete, total sense.....

And, I'd like to just say/suggest, as long as the evidence is still uploaded and available somewhere, it should count as valid evidence still. So what if the incident was over a year ago? I have evidence of this user doing something against the rules. I couldn't report them at the time because the web report system was broken and wouldn't recognize his TMP ID. Yes, I had the correct ID at the time, the report page just refused to accept it and wouldn't let me, and I quote the admin that declined my report, "simply ignore the "User not found" error". I tried many times to submit it and it would not "simply ignore the error". Every time I hit send, it continuously gave the error. And so, I gave up until a year later, when I reported a different user for something and the ID for them got accepted, I decided to try this original user again and his ID was finally accepted, but then my report was declined for "evidence/incident over a year old". So, he got off scot free for Trolling/Wrong Way/ Ramming. Yeah, that's totally fair, sure......

I'll give some examples here of evidence provided in my reports that were deemed "not bannable" and the one that was over a year old, but should have still counted and evidence that was valid, but wasn't used to extend the ban.

Supposedly "Not bannable", despite my seeing many admins opt to ban for it on ETS2, rather than kick. Reported user on the left. https://youtu.be/yI5zmUaycjw

Over a year old, but should have still counted: https://youtu.be/BX-F1_UZl4Q?t=30s

Evidence that was valid, but not used to extend ban: https://www.twitch.tv/sanguinemluna/v/108414703

So, I give the OP's suggestion a +1. Even if only adding a day or two to the ban.

Edited by Sanguinem_Luna

In perfect world, all admins who deal with these reports, should rewatch all latest evidence if player is already banned and when needed, inform players correctly and extending these bans, if user really broke the rule against someone else also, before he got banned. Like @Mirrland above showed us. All admins should inform players like @FirestarteR93 informed @Mirrland. And reporting while user is already is banned, is still the place, where system need some changes i think. Also some admins needs to be more informed by someone smarter somewhere above. Let some big guy send emails to ALL admins or i dont know.  If i relook my reports, some are declined by same admin. First report was, where i recorded how one guy abused cb radio and just played loud music like 2 minutes in cb radio, maybe even more, but i kept driving forward after using /pinfo and the distance with this player finally was too long. But nobody didnt have a change to use radio like 2 minutes(prbly more), because one idiot played loud music from that to others. And answer what my report got by that admin was, "More of a kick than ban". Okey. I dont know admin rules, when they ban or when they kick. But how is this not bannable?

I got really mad for a second but nah, i didnt say anything afterthat. I didnt want to end to get myself banned. Other report what got declined by that same admin was, when skoda rammed me off the road (+ wrong side driving) and i got stucked in a ditch. I got damage aswell. And the skoda driver even didnt say sorry. Kept driving like nothing happened. And that admin below my report said these golden words again: "This player is currently banned." So no further action. No ban extending. Nothing. And then i got really mad and thats why i started this topic here. This is just stupid. Im 100% sure, that only hasnt happened with me and some few others. I think its happening a lot. And thats just wrong :(

^ So in your opinion, e.g. a NCZ hacker should be banned for each report against him? This could be up to some years.

Keep in mind that a player is not banned because of ramming YOU or another person, he is banned for ramming. It (mostly) doesn't matter how many people he rammed. But if there were two or more different offenses, at least the evidence gets added and that's enough imo. Of course, if you report someone hacking who's already banned for 3 days because of ramming, I'm sure the ban will be extended, because a hacker gets normally 1 month. I know only 

13 minutes ago, DrEGZo said:

^ So in your opinion, e.g. a NCZ hacker should be banned for each report against him?

Yes. If these reports are made by different users and in different time. Same with ramming. If somebody goes from Duisburg to Calais. And ramming off the road like 4 players in different places there. Then he must take responsibility and get punished (if all these 4 players made report too) for all these rammings, not just one. 

@Mirrland @ThePolarBearEST to be honest, when we ban someone, we are obliged to add evidence, check their ban history, cuz of the 4,5,6th ban rule and to complete all the pending reports about him/her. However, as it was stated, some don't pay enough attention or don't bother to check.

(edit: ) even if the ban gets extended to 1 or 3m or even gets a perm, I still add the provided vids/pics as extra evidence.

In addition, there are cases in which people directly remove their vids after they see that the report is completed, forcing us to remove the ban, cuz we don't have evidence anymore (recently a user who was banned by me for his actions in his own video, went and removed his vids from all of the reports, which were completed by me as some form of revenge. Uunfortunately, as it was technically abuse, the bans stayed xD )

Oh and also

20 hours ago, ThePolarBearEST said:

If user just gets banned for 3 days like example and next day admin sees new report about the same guy, broke the rules against someone else, then admins should add some days/weeks to his bantime or smth,

When some1 is already banned, you can't make a report (I don't really fancy that, cuz in some cases it means that the guy can run away from part of his crimes)

And In case that there are any reports left , we forward them to the admin who has issued the ban, so he can extend it or add the evidence

19 hours ago, ThePolarBearEST said:

Problem is that wrong people have been made to admins? ....

I can't agree w/ that, cuz I am staff member, but I also can't disagree :P

2 hours ago, FirestarteR93 said:
22 hours ago, ThePolarBearEST said:

Problem is that wrong people have been made to admins? ....

I can't agree w/ that, cuz I am staff member, but I also can't disagree :P

:troll:

2 hours ago, FirestarteR93 said:

When some1 is already banned, you can't make a report (I don't really fancy that, cuz in some cases it means that the guy can run away from part of his crimes)

I hope there's a solution for this soon too.

Already 3 of them got away with their "crimes" because I didn't wanna stalk their accounts with regards to a permanent ban made 15-30mins earlier than my reports for having inappropriate name tags in-game.

With regards to OP's suggestion, I see it working already. Maybe just met the wrong admin who dealt with the report like what some have said.

Mention it to upper staff if reported player deserves the extension of ban he didn't receive. Goodluck!

Best regards,

MettleMeat.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 9 months later...

As I stated in my first reply, every Game Moderator deals with reports accordingly. The new system allows accepting reports, even though a person is already banned, hence why this is technically already implemented.

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.