Problem with connection, other drivers freezing

SgtKamarov

Question

Hi, I have a connection issue which shows itself as other drivers freezing on the road on my screen and seeing distances over a 1000 meters on the tab bar after some play time. My problem mainly occurs in densely populated areas of the map (such as Duisburg or Rotterdam) but it can happen simultaneously from time to time by itself. Restarting the game usually solves the issue of other drivers freezing but my computer won't load any other trucks at all in places like Duisburg if i were to restart the game. I have a slow internet speed(8 mbps) but I haven't had any issues with any other online game whatsoever in terms of connection. What can i do to get rid of this issue?

7 answers to this question

Hi.

The connection speed is not related to the problems you indicate, it is rather a combination of your PC resources and the connection quality to the servers.

Consider:

• Lower the graphics quality (and other parameters) of the game to make it easier to load the elements.
  • Lower the distance you can see other users so you do not load them all at once, you can do this from the yellow gear icon on the login screen or the TAB menu.
  • Make sure that while you play TruckersMP your connection is not used for other purposes that can degrade the quality of the connection (streaming, downloads, torrent, etc. Any use that requires a high use of bandwidth) from other devices that connect to your network.

When you enter a city with many players the game tends to freeze a moment, then returns to normal. As long as you are with more players around you, slower the experience will become.

To complement you could indicate:

• Game FPS: This can be activated in Steam> Settings> In-Game> In-Game FPS Counter. It will appear in the place that you indicated while you are driving.
  • PING: You can check this by pressing the TAB key while driving, is a number ending in ms, for example: 600ms.

Greetings.

Hi,

Could you post a speed test result from this link: http://beta.speedtest.net  We will then be able to examine your internet speeds and eliminate whether this may be a problem. 

+ Please also ensure you have all the latest Windows updates.

+ Ensure your have given an exception for the TruckersMP launcher through your anti virus software and windows firewall

1 hour ago, EnLight said:

Hi,

Could you post a speed test result from this link: http://beta.speedtest.net  We will then be able to examine your internet speeds and eliminate whether this may be a problem. 

+ Please also ensure you have all the latest Windows updates.

+ Ensure your have given an exception for the TruckersMP launcher through your anti virus software and windows firewall

This is my result I also did the other things you mentioned.

Hi Dear @SgtKamarov

I suggest you try this method: 

Steam > Library >  Euro truck 2 > Right from the properties click. > local game files integrity verification in front The "Close" button, you will get a game update > and again I'm going to get to fix corrupted files.

However, if your problem does not resolve, I recommend you create a ticket by clicking on the following link: https://support.truckersmp.com/

King Regards

BaldemarDeutsch.

Created by @BurakAKSAKAL Thanks 

I just did a delivery from Nice to Calais. I had no problems all the way except when i reached Calais. Suddenly when there were 30-40 people around me, other drivers froze again and when i restarted the game, it didn't help anything. Also I created a ticket before opening this thread but the responses weren't very helpful. So I guess I'm gonna be playing on locations that are basically empty now :/