How to enter (and leave) fuel stations

Luna

• Project Manager

There are many fuel stations in ETS2. When you ever visited Duisburg in the Multiplayer you know how many players there are.

This guide will show you how to enter the stations, where you can wait for fueling up and how to exit the station again without creating a traffic jam. There are three different types of stations. in this tutorial I only write about the small one because the others are not so important in the Multiplayer.

Some important things before we start: Gas stations are not non-collision zone, if you can try to refuel at low traffic areas or at your garages!

1 - Where can I enter?

This sounds easy but that is not right. Many users enter the fuel station wrong. It is important to enter correctly otherwise there will be a jam on the station.

This are signs at every station which shows where to enter and where not:

EukYSV1.jpg?1

Here is a photo where you can see the station from the top:

PiSd0Jd.jpg?1

When you follow all the traffic rules there would not be that traffic jam like now.

2 - Where can I wait or park?

When there is much traffic like in Duisburg you often have to wait before fueling up. But you have to park correctly otherwise there will be also a traffic jam.

e0bqoUG.jpg?1

The green boxes are right parked trucks and the red boxes not. You can see that it is important that the street is clean of parked trucks. Make sure that you do not block the driveways and exits.

3 - Fuel up together

It is also possible fuel up with two trucks at the same moment! But be careful when you want to exit. Remember that you have to park as right as possible.

cgZUmhp.jpg?1

4 - Where to exit?

When you want to exit the station be sure that nobody is on the street and you can drive on the road without blocking other drivers. Remember the right direction to exit.

hMn88BD.jpg?1

Thank you for reading my tutorial. Please rate comment!

Enjoy your day,

Lasse

Edited by [GER] Lasse
Added some suggestions from the comments: Fuel stations arent NCZ and that it is better if you try to refuel at low traffic areas and at garages.
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great guide, I like it. Just a side note: I found it to be useful to fill up your truck in your garages or in unpopulated areas if you have the opportunity. This is very handy on occasions where you expect heavy traffic on route such as on the road from Bergen to Oslo or the DC connection.

Good guide, I see a lot of people around who didn't know that it is an offense going the wrong way at a gas station. Another point, if all the green spots that are showing in your tutorial are taken up, it is probably best to continue to the next gas station (this is also why you should always keep at least 1000km (100 real km) distance on your trucks fuel tank at all times), otherwise you are probably going to make the situation worse than it already is waiting on the road or elsewhere which restricts traffic. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide up there! Some people spawn themselves at gas stations @ the rest area or the refuelling area. Hence I assume there are people who still fail to realise gas stations are not non-collision zone, that's the reason why they still spawn themselves there.This happened to me quite a few times where I got flung out of the Gas Station and went out of the map or where I "sink" towards the ground when someone spawns in the middle of nowhere.  It is always frustrating tho. Maybe it would be helpful to add the point Gas stations are not non-collision zone. Hopefully, that minority of players out there will realise it. 

Just my personal opinion, I apologise if I get any of the facts mentioned above wrong.

"Take a simple idea and take it seriously" - Charlie Munger

signature.png

• Project Manager

[CHANGELOG]:

Added some suggestions from the comments: Fuel stations arent NCZ and that it is better if you try to refuel at low traffic areas and at garages. Thanks to @[Singapore] Stay and @slowlori ! And of course thanks to you all for your comments!

• Like 2

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

• 3 years later...

Hey!

I read all the lines you wrote. There really is very useful information under each title. In fact , I would like many players to read this topic and learn detailed information. I hope the players will regulate themselves. Thank you so much for the information you gave You are good man.

King Regards
Scanva Diesel A/S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is a really important guide but nobody cares, I hope they will listen.Thank you so much.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 2 years later...