Freecam arrow keys

mandystella

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello @mandystella

I did some searching for you and the answer is yes it is possible, but your gonna need to do some file editing for it to work.

The first thing I would recommend is to download and install Notepad ++ if you don't already have it as it will make it a lot more laid out.

The second thing I would do is make a backup file incase of something going wrong.

But if you choose to skip that and still use notepad - what you wanna do is follow this file path My documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\yourprofilenumberhere

Once your in your profile directory you will need to open the file called "Controls"  and once opened it should look like this.

5wS-eKcWS6WaipSEKRXOnQ.png

The ones in the red box are the ones you need to replace. So just do CTRL - F and search for them as they might not be on the same line as mine. Once you found them I will leave the code below for what they should be replaced with and if all goes well it should work for you. If not let us know.

config_lines[93]: "mix dbgfwd `keyboard.uarrow?0`"
 config_lines[94]: "mix dbgback `keyboard.darrow?0`"
 config_lines[95]: "mix dbgleft `keyboard.larrow?0`"
 config_lines[96]: "mix dbgright `keyboard.rarrow?0`"

So your "Controls" file should now look like below.

l80lf4BbT4qQhzRYfWb7bg.png

Now be aware of button collisions, meaning make sure you have NOTHING mapped to your arrow keys. The only other downside to using arrow keys is there isn't enough keys for camera height meaning if you want to zoom in the sky or closer to the ground you will need to point your camera in that direction and "fly" the camera towards that direction. I hope that makes sense.

If you have any questions or problems feel free to message me or write on my wall.

Best of luck

Riley

16 hours ago, Riley [EN-US] said:

Hello @mandystella

I did some searching for you and the answer is yes it is possible, but your gonna need to do some file editing for it to work.

The first thing I would recommend is to download and install Notepad ++ if you don't already have it as it will make it a lot more laid out.

The second thing I would do is make a backup file incase of something going wrong.

But if you choose to skip that and still use notepad - what you wanna do is follow this file path My documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\yourprofilenumberhere

Once your in your profile directory you will need to open the file called "Controls"  and once opened it should look like this.

5wS-eKcWS6WaipSEKRXOnQ.png

The ones in the red box are the ones you need to replace. So just do CTRL - F and search for them as they might not be on the same line as mine. Once you found them I will leave the code below for what they should be replaced with and if all goes well it should work for you. If not let us know.

config_lines[93]: "mix dbgfwd `keyboard.uarrow?0`"
 config_lines[94]: "mix dbgback `keyboard.darrow?0`"
 config_lines[95]: "mix dbgleft `keyboard.larrow?0`"
 config_lines[96]: "mix dbgright `keyboard.rarrow?0`"

So your "Controls" file should now look like below.

l80lf4BbT4qQhzRYfWb7bg.png

Now be aware of button collisions, meaning make sure you have NOTHING mapped to your arrow keys. The only other downside to using arrow keys is there isn't enough keys for camera height meaning if you want to zoom in the sky or closer to the ground you will need to point your camera in that direction and "fly" the camera towards that direction. I hope that makes sense.

If you have any questions or problems feel free to message me or write on my wall.

Best of luck

Riley

Thanks. I did what you told me to do and I fixed the button collision and everything works perfectly now. Thank you very much.