Estimated review time for reports

sko0923

Suggestion Name: Estimated review time for reports

Suggestion Description: When you submit a report, based on how far behind the admins are on reviewing other reports, a computer will automatically generate the approximate time till your report is reviewed. For example, if you submit a report on the 25th of August, and the admins are currently screening reports from August 15th, you will get a "estimated time till review: 10 days" at the bottom of your report. Once admins start reviewing reports from the 16th, the timer will change to 9 days and so on so forth. 

Any example images: No, should be self explanatory.

Why should it be added?: Shouldn't be that hard to implement and will be a handy tool for knowing when to expect a response for your reports, especially with the backlog there is now. 

• 2 weeks later...

^

This x50.

The reason reports normally take so long to be reviewed is because most of you, the players, make tons of useless reports. If everyone would file reports that actually contain an infraction worth of punishment, then the wait time would drop to at least half the time it currently is. And that for the simple reason that there would be many less reports for the staff to deal with. Seriously... there are people who play for about two hours then go on and file 15 or more reports at once and not even half of those are things that should deserve even a kick, let alone a ban. Just to put it in contrast, I play really often and I rarely ever end up filing more than four reports per month.  And not to brag but... all my reports are always accepted and the player I reported punished. Why? Because I only report stuff that actually should be reported instead of cluttering the system with minor and insignificant things like most people do.

You guys want reports to be reviewed sooner? Then file better reports. That's all you need. You player already have the solution in your hands. All you need to do is apply that solution.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

^ i dont agree with what you said Mike, i make good report, and they still get decline saying that i'm a useless traffic , but the real perpetrator who making a traffic jam leaving his trailer , blocking , wrong way and ramming .... etce etc etc .. get free ! soo that is total not true, you have your opinion and i have mine and that is fine, we will not talk about ban and report here because it doesnt have it place here and it not usefull at all for no one.... many admin making wierd call on ban and report and that isnt fair for anyone actually. Befor blaming players , sometime ill would blame the administration team on there Decline report and Useless Traffic Status way befor blaming bad report !

By the way... Declined because user has already been banned does not qualify as having your report declined because it is "bad". You can't blame the staff for any of that. They are just doing their job.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

• 2 years later...