New Report scoring

Coming with the next update of the website, admins will be asked to score the quality of reports.

This is something we've decided to implement to curb some of the borderline useless reports that some users submit.

When an admin actions a report (Accept or Decline), they will also be asked to provide feedback in the form of if the report was a positive or a negative, ie. was the report a good report.

With this, users will also be limited to a max of 10 reports open out the gate, but if they make good reports, they will eventually get the ability to open more reports simultaneously, but if they make bad reports, they will eventually loose the ability to make reports.

The rate of increase/decline is something we will monitor and adjust as needed, initially a positive means an increase of 0.5 reports, but a bad one will deduct 0.2. You will see how many you can make at the top of your reports screen: label showing number of reports you can create

The update has landed.

Title picture by HerrSwizz

View post on homepage

26 minutes ago, Tuxy Fluffyclaws said:

With this, users will also be limited to a max of 10 reports open out the gate, but if they make good reports, they will eventually get the ability to open more reports simultaneously, but if they make bad reports, they will eventually loose the ability to make reports.

@A Simple Cheeseburger w/ Fries Bad rep = 0 reports ;) 

Well there go all my plans of reporting the AI

jk

1 minute ago, zechuotv said:

Sorry, I can't understand this information,who can help explain?

From what I understand there will be a point system when you submit reports in the website. The more points you have by making good and worthy reports the more reports you will be able to make at one time.

But the fewer points you have by making bad or near useless reports will mean you can make less reports at one time.

@zechuotv This is basically like some kind of reputation system. By making good reports, the user is rewarded with ability to make additional reports. By making bad reports, the user may get limitations on how many reports the user can make, eventually revoking the ability to make reports. Such thing is made to filter out the players, who are making useless reports, reports with wrong ID, ban complaints in the report in order to reduce the report inflow, thus making the system more efficient, which means that you don't have to wait so long to get the report processed.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

I can tell eventually there will be someone who comments asking this...

"But what about those reports that get rejected because the user is already banned? Will I get bad rep for that?"

The answer is no. You will still get good rep as your report would have been accepted if the user wasn't already banned. The "rep" system is different to the accepting/rejecting.

11 minutes ago, Chris - TFM said:

I can tell eventually there will be someone who comments asking this...

"But what about those reports that get rejected because the user is already banned? Will I get bad rep for that?"

The answer is no. You will still get good rep as your report would have been accepted if the user wasn't already banned. The "rep" system is different to the accepting/rejecting.

Depending on how the admin who is dealing with the report feels ;) Everybody has a bad day every now and then, so I don't want to ascribe anything but it could happen, that the admin declines the report because the reportee is already banned and gives negative feedback because the reportee was already banned ;)

Just saying but apart from that, anything that helps the admins and makes their life easier, I'm happy with.

9 minutes ago, chipmunk197 said:

So what a bad report apart from the wrong I'd 

Or a report for menial things, it's up to the admin to decide. Its ment to curb people eg. sitting at C-D reporting every little thing they see where they are no party to the incident (quite a few players do this, for some reason…)

With the ratio given, it takes a couple of bad reports to get your ability to make reports revoked. If a report gets declined, make sure you read the statement of the admin so you know why it is rejected.

As Chris said above, just because we have to reject a report of yours doesn't mean you automatically will get a bad score for that.

To get a good score, create a good report with the following stuff:

• Correct TruckersMP ID
  • Correct reason of report
  • Proper evidence of your claim with a timestamp on longer videos (> 4min).

To those who have the habit to keep driving on Duisburg-Calais just to record and report people, I strongly advice you stop doing that since that will affect your score.

If you properly use the report system now, you'll be fine with this in place.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

@chipmunk197Posting a screenshot for stuff that can't be proven with a screenshot would be bad reputation, since it's a useless report in the system.

And there are guides to know what can be reported with a screenshot and what not (check my signature).

Just now, Tuxy Fluffyclaws said:

Or a report for menial things, it's up to the admin to decide. Its ment to curb people eg. sitting at C-D reporting every little thing they see where they are no party to the incident (quite a few players do this, for some reason…)

Yeah I can seen videos of people doing that 

so like stuff that gives damage or wrong way stuff like that is good 

but one of my friends don't have a laptop good enough to play the game and record so he screenshots would that be good or bad 

I've still got 20 reports awaiting admins to deal with going back to late July if it's going to take Admins over 3 weeks to deal with online reports (which it has done over the past few months) the limit of 10 is going to be quickly used

I have used the new in game reporting system probably 20 to 30 times and I have only had one report dealt with so otherwise, I have to use to website

6 minutes ago, chipmunk197 said:

but one of my friends don't have a laptop good enough to play the game and record so he screenshots would that be good or bad 

As I said, bad if he tries to prove ramming, overtaking, blocking and all these things with a screenshot. It's just not enough to prove it, a video is needed.

For us it would be a useless report (aka waste of time, considering how many reports we have) and therefore a negative reputation.

Ooops, looks like you took a wrong turn or the file you are looking for doesn't exist

Edited by Chinois&Cinesi&Kinesisk

8 minutes ago, zechuotv said:

Hey, if the user is not satisfied with the score given by the administrator, will they use email feedback?

I suggest that top management should also give ratings to the user's email feedback

You won't be able to see the rating of each individual report, only your overall rating. It is visible to staff, however, and will be checked.

1 minute ago, H&V I elot360PL said:

How it will be with reports that's are declined because the reason of report was a bad nickname?

A declined report doesn't mean the score is negative. They're two separate things. When an admin respond to your report they will have two radio boxes (checkboxes, only 1 can be selected), one for positive and one for negative. They will select one of those when declining or accepting.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

6 minutes ago, Bonehead said:

this, to curb bad behavior amongst some admins, without mentioning names

It would make it better for the respect to the admins from players if they got rep to from the reports 

then the team would know if they have a bad admin or a good one an maybe change that said admin out for someone else who can make a better job 

im not saying there good or bad ones but it probably be better for that too if we can rep them too 

• Like 1