New Report scoring

Sounds good but what if we have 10 reports made for example in one week but they are taken care of 2-3 weeks later? It will lock us from doing new reports. Does this changes mean that admins will be able to handle reports in shorter times? Sometimes i make 2-3 per day and i play on EU3 mostly where accidents does not happen so often. I think that max reports must be at least double for start and see how it goes, then tweak it up or down.

18 minutes ago, Kehox said:

[...] if only i got 1 report declined... ill not argue with you... but it not the case they all have been accepted.. because the Perpetrator have been found guilty..  so befor saying  that im doing this frequently ... you could atleast show me/us, when i did it frequently and or abuse it ?????

or you abusing ? [...]

First of all, I have never said that you would do that frequently, I merely referred to the situation if it would occur more often which does, in fact, not imply that those are the current circumstances! Second, I did never accuse you of abusing the system, I was rather stating objectively what happens and what the consequences are. Third, of course, will the perpetrators be guilty if they committed a crime as this is still a rule violation. However, the fact that one can get a positive reputation for declined reports, automatically implies that it works vice versa since reports coming from highly populated areas will get a negative reputation as they are deemed as spamming reports. Last but not least, I am not abusing the report system because I am staff which I would not be if I had abused it or would still do so.

18 minutes ago, Batslav said:

[...] what if we have 10 reports made for example in one week but they are taken care of 2-3 weeks later? It will lock us from doing new reports? [...]

This is the way it is intended to be, yes. Once another report has been claimed, you can file a new one or maybe two new reports since you might have gotten positive reputation for the last one :)

I understand but reports can take nearly one month which is the problem, not the system itself, 10 reports is like 2-3 days playing what then? Pray to have report reviewed to open slot? I am not asking for great increase but this limit is way too low. If it takes max one week for report to be viewed by admin, then yes, it will fine because good reports will increase the limit. This is why i asked if reports will be taken care of faster which is very important or it will simply not work.

6 hours ago, HumaneWolf said:

In addition, submitting good reports will give you higher limits as your score increases. After 1 positive/good report your limit will already be 11, after 3 reports it will be 12, etc.

But I thought the amount of reports is increased by 0.5 per good report? So after 1 good report, I have 10.5. Why can I know create 11 reports? Is the amount rounded to the next higher integer? 

Another question: If I get it right, it's only possible to lose the right of reporting if one's report count reaches 0...? (That would mean I would have to create 50 bad reports without a good one between/before, until I can't submit any more reports)... Am I right? :huh:

Is a report automatically bad if the offense is just kickable?

It was already mentioned that accepted reports can get bad reputaion if it was a kind of "spam report". I would like to have more examples for this, I'm sure parking on CD and using the dev cam to report as many players as possible is not the only case. (What if I see that another player is rammed and not me? What if a player rams me from behind (maybe because of bad brakes)? What if I see a player insulting someone else (not me) in the chat?) Examples please :P

35 minutes ago, Batslav said:

I understand but reports can take nearly one month which is the problem, not the system itself, 10 reports is like 2-3 days playing what then? Pray to have report reviewed to open slot? I am not asking for great increase but this limit is way too low. If it takes max one week for report to be viewed by admin, then yes, it will fine because good reports will increase the limit. This is why i asked if reports will be taken care of faster which is very important or it will simply not work.

With this new system I would assume quite a bit of "false reports" wouldn't get submitted and if they do eventually that player seems like they will no longer be able to report. Reports then might get done much quicker since they don't need to go through spam reports every single time. 

Issue with this though, the evidence is still up to the admins discretion who is viewing that report. I reported a player for driving on the wrong side of the road with a picture, it got accepted. A few months later I reported another player for driving on the wrong side of the road with a picture, it got denied for "insufficient evidence". In both instances I didn't have my recording software open or else I would have submitted a video, but also in both pictures it clearly showed each player driving on the wrong side of the road. So even though I reported a player for who I thought to be breaking a rule, with this new system it seems like that the one denied wrong way report would have been against me? 

Also there has been a few time where you report a player then the admin comes back saying "player is already banned, denied". I would assume that this wouldn't go against us?

6 minutes ago, DrEGZo said:

But I thought the amount of reports is increased by 0.5 per good report? So after 1 good report, I have 10.5. Why can I know create 11 reports? Is the amount rounded to the next higher integer? 

Another question: If I get it right, it's only possible to lose the right of reporting if one's report count reaches 0...? (That would mean I would have to create 50 bad reports without a good one between/before, until I can't submit any more reports)... Am I right? :huh:

Is a report automatically bad if the offense is just kickable?

It was already mentioned that accepted reports can get bad reputaion if it was a kind of "spam report". I would like to have more examples for this, I'm sure parking on CD and using the dev cam to report as many players as possible is not the only case. (What if I see that another player is rammed and not me? What if a player rams me from behind (maybe because of bad brakes)? What if I see a player insulting someone else (not me) in the chat?) Examples please :P

Yes, it rounds up.

Yes, it is possible to lose the reporting right if your score reaches or goes below zero.

Depends on whether it's something that is well known to be a kickable offence or not. But even if that report is marked negative you can easily earn that score (and more) back with another report.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

2 minutes ago, iiCrazyTeddy said:

Well this game was fun while it lasted. Im just gonna stop making reports. I will still be recording but not reporting anyone. 

Unless you have a youtube channel there's no point to record if you don't want to report player anymore. You can still report just make sure they are actually breaking a rule instead of just bothering you. Also as I have posted before, with this it will block out the spam reports, if there are no spam reports the web reports will go much quicker. 

So to clear up things a bit, since many of you haven't quite understood how this system works.

-Existing report will be checked like it has always worked, even when the new scoring system gets released. We will go thought them in the order we've received those just like we've always did and accept or decline the report, looking if the report is valid or not, just like it has always worked.

-The only difference from Saturday is that you won't be able to send more than 10 reports (at first), meaning that if you already have some reports pending you have to wait for those to be cleared by us before being able to create a new report. While we accept/decline reports and give positive reputation, you'll be able to send in more reports. So the better the quality of your reports is, the more you'll be able to send.

-We can chose what reputation to give, declining a report doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad report: we'll still give positive reputation if the report has been declined because we added the evidence to the existing ban, or else. This means that we will check all reports, as usual, and a declined report doesn't mean negative reps. Logically an accepted report should be positive reputation.

-This system servers the purpose to reduce useless reports, you should see the number of reports checked vs bans issued from reports and you'd understand how many useless things we get;

This is made to filter good reports from bad reports.

-----

@McDodge34 [FR QC] Why is that? You guys have already 2/3 weeks to wait before your report is checked due to the huge reports nuumber we get, adding a double check would just waste our and your time. If a report you sent in is valid for you and it has been declined for an invalid reason you can still send a mail at [email protected] and ask for it to be reviewed.

A terrible implementation of an idea that isn't bad at face value.

Instead of starting everyone off as unlimited and restricting the amount of reports serial spammers can make to 10 if they submit, say, 3 nuisance clips, everyone is effectively being punished because of some wannabe backseat admins clogging up the report system.

The website reporting has been suggested as a crutch for far too long so it was bound to become a problem while in-game reports are routinely ignored as they are.

In 24 hours of driving I reported 8 drivers in game whose reports were ignored in game so I submitted on the site. Of those:

• 6 are now banned,
  • 1 was declined (with the reason "upload a shorter evidence" even though the video link was timestamped and was the same video that led to 6 other bans) 
  • 1 is still pending, despite being submitted before all the other reports that were accepted.

If these reports had been dealt with in-game then the website system would be much less clogged.

Not only that but the punishments are very soft and really aren't deterring people from repeat offending, because they know unless someone records them and submits a site report odds are they'll get away with it.

Edited by AirBiscuit

Interesting to read all this things and decided to say something to this conversation.

I know the admins have a lot of work to do ingame - web reports - ban appeals + they

have a private life too but i am sure this new system will not be the best because there

are too much trolls ingame right now and thats the reason why so much people reporting

them at the moment. I have the time to can wait because of my reports on the webside,

but to get locked after 10 reports is little bit low. But everyone have the own mind about this

reason or decision. And this Feedback e-mail is not really working at all reported one person 

what i don´t want to tell it here for trolling 2 times with all proofes and what happened? 

Just nothing.. so yeah well i am just playing ets2 the last 3 - 4 days into the SP there are no

trolls or anything and i have my rest will join the MP again after some weeks or something if

the problem are almost fixed with this trolls.. and now enjoy your evening people :wub:

Since a few others are doing this here I will happily add my 2 cents into this new rule. A quick bit about me.... I have played this game (well, both of these games) since day one (and the previous games before hand), and have been on multiplayer since in came about. I have been a vigilant user and reported wrong do'ers when I see them. I am a serious player and have been with only one VTC for 3 years, managing a division without any messing. I tell you all this so that you understand I am not someone who just talks trash for the fun of it like  some of the replies I have seen on this topic already.

So, I agree in general with the idea of implementing this new report system. It sounds like it's definitely worth a try and I won't moan about the amount of open reports allowed (I've sometimes had a lot more than 10 open myself.... all valid in my opinion).

My only critique at the moment would be, and I know I get moaned at or my replies get deleted for saying things like this, the admins. Don't get me wrong as I'm not bashing the admins. What I mean is each admin seems to have their own level of what they call banable evidence, and they all have their own version of how much of a ban should be handed out. For the same offenses I've seen a range from pretty big ban, small ban, and being told (quite rudely at least once) that it was only a kickable offense... and even had the old "I didn't see anything wrong in your video". In the UK (and probably Europe) this can be comparable to referees in football matches (for all of the football fans reading this).

In other words are the admin team going to be given a new proper & real set of guidelines that they must follow with this new version of the reporting system so that we see less inconsistencies between what each admin deems fair on their reviewed reports.

Also, if a user keeps getting banned for the same reason (i.e. ramming) shouldn't they get a bigger ban each time (since they aren't learning their lesson) instead of (for instance) a 5 day ban 1st offense, then a 2 day ban for 2nd offense of the same nature etc. I have seen users previous video evidences when they are banned though my reports as I like to see just how bad some of these users really are and sometimes the ban lengths for same offenses are quite laughable.

Edited by [ST-LH BOSS] RubberDuck

devils rejects1 fixed small.jpg

Devils Rejects Trucking Club (on Trucksbook)   -   Owner

I also think that those with high rep should get their reports prioritized - eg. You have high rep, your report will be lower in the queue and get reviewed faster. You have lower rep, your report will take longer to get reviewed. Sounds great though.

I have made reports several times and they get denied because the person is already banned you may as well accept it because it could be considered not a good report and I think there should be a system that does not allow you to report players who are already banned to avoid that im not sure if this will be the case but I am unsure.

I Would Like To Say I Understand This System But There's 1 Problem If A Player Really Needs To Report And Can't due to admins bad rep line from pass reports with the player he can't report I Highly disagree with this and find this update useless this update seems to be more useless than helpful to the user if Truckers.Mp wants to help players try a better plan where it's easy for the admins and the players to do things no offense but this seems not helping things.

Edited by Virus59X

4 hours ago, the bored hermit said:

I think there should be a system that does not allow you to report players who are already banned

A system like this does already exist. You can't report a player that is already banned.

But sometimes, he gets banned after you reported him because of another report.

And don't forget, if it was a valid report but the player was already banned, you will although get reputation.

After all, I like the new update. 10 is not much but it's not difficult to increase this amount ;)

Simple really. I agree with @AirBiscuit. Or at least begin the limit with 20 and not 10. 10 for regular reporters like myself is too little based on the duration for which reports are accepted.

Imo, in-game admins are to better devote themselves to the game solely, be it driving and handling reports/appeals or just handling reports in-game/web and appeals.

The continuously growing community can repeatedly say: "We understand you're volunteers and that you have your own life.. (etc, etc, etc), but surely.. the very fact that more and more people are joining this community and more begin to complain about the lack of admin(s)/admin issue(s) shows the need to increase admin's activity or at the very least, make the IGA team bigger.

Like what the upper staff are saying; and please do note that I also understand what it means by the amount of trust needed within the team.. but you could simply have trial-admins within your moderator team as well.

In conclusion, I feel the need for upper staff to pressure the increasing need for IGAs' regular activity to keep up with the growing community, and have an strict system of stepping down voluntarily in order to pass on the baton to someone in the trial team who shows more productivity. If you are given the rank of admin for ETS2/ATS MP, be sure to use at least 90-95% (heck, I'm sure some people would even rather you spend 100%) of your gaming time on ETS2/ATS MP because you're expected to take care of the community in order for it to progress further/allow users to properly enjoy their gameplay experience in accordance to the SCS base game and TMP client's intentions. At least that's what I'll do myself if given the rank of an admin in this or any other game, be it getting paid to do the job or not.

If I reach a stage whereby I just don't have the feels for it/don't prioritise it due to not getting paid for continuously doing an active job, stepping down is simply a must instead of dragging it out while relying on that "trust" the team has with me (<-- this is just an example to explain what I mean above).

Also as part of this community, what I hope the TMP team does with regards to reporting players is to have a solution for us to report players who already are banned, especially those who get permanently banned with "take a screenshot of changed game tag and ban will be removed". In my time playing, I've have already over 3 players who got away with reckless driving/ramming/improper-overtaking due to user being already banned for the reason above.

The reason why I would like to see a better solution is so that we don't have to stalk said players and stalk till their bans are manually removed when they should be banned for both the reckless driving/ramming/improper-overtaking AND the game tag issue. (and of course I didn't stalk, that's why I said they got away but still I hope you get my point in why the need to be able to report said players)

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

@scarface0359 @Anriandor   Informative thoughts all together. thank you. 

Interesting point- so even a report is declined, it may not be 'negative report'... how could this be? 

On 8/3/2017 at 10:03 AM, HumaneWolf said:

A declined report doesn't mean the score is negative. They're two separate things. When an admin respond to your report they will have two radio boxes (checkboxes, only 1 can be selected), one for positive and one for negative. They will select one of those when declining or accepting.

ahhh why did the team delete 'thumb up'? It was useful to mark the useful comment to quote, separating it/them from the rest when I come here to read/share...share button is good but I can't use it as I translate. Plus taking my fun out :<  

Anyway, I think it is a good idea since I am totally fed up with players just can't shut their mouth - 'rec''report''against the rule'.  Just use common sense and report only the case really matters overall. eg. trolls on convoy. reckless driving.   OFC you should report the 'bad drivers' but who makes 50 bad reports anyway?  so there

2 hours ago, Tablecookie said:

Interesting point- so even a report is declined, it may not be 'negative report'... how could this be? 

Quite simply: A lot of declined reports will actually be bad reports. However, for example with reports against players that are already banned we often decline and add the evidence to the current ban. In that case the report can still be good, even though it's (technically) declined.

Off topic:

2 hours ago, Tablecookie said:

ahhh why did the team delete 'thumb up'? It was useful to mark the useful comment to quote, separating it/them from the rest when I come here to read/share...share button is good but I can't use it as I translate. Plus taking my fun out :<  

Yep. An update to IPB did that. Hopefully they'll add it back in, having it just for status updates is kind of useless. /off topic

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

22 hours ago, Anriandor said:
23 hours ago, DooM980x said:

[...] and a place to download the videos for the reports I send in [...]

Hopefully, you did not mean it the way you wrote this. Submitting a download link for the evidence is considered to be insufficient as admins are not going to download things since it may contain harmful software or anything similar, thus your report will be declined and a negative reputation is going to be given in that particular case. However, uploading them on (e.g.) YouTube (or similar) is totally fine as long as it is not too long (in that case, add a timestamp, please).

What I meant is I set up an account on You Tube to download the videos to,  and submit the link in the report.

One thing that annoys me is my report being declined because a player is already banned. If an offender gets reported by another player that's great. But if the offender continues in game (say a few minutes) to block, ram, etc against others in a different place, by submitting another report against the offender should show this player doesn't care about the rules, and any ban issued to them should be lengthened. 

@DooM980x the reason on why we can't accept the report is we cannot add another ban on top of a ban on his/her account that looks a bit silly.

So therefore we must decline the report, but we can still use the evidence for the current ban, we just forward the evidence to the admin who currently banned the perpetrator so that admin can extend the ban.