Why do small street signs cause such heavy damage?

ChicagoCyclist

I've noticed this too, although I do wonder sometimes if the reason why they do so much damage is because two objects colliding and interacting with each other at speed, unlike most other objects in game. 

For example if you hit a speed sign, it usually gets thrown off into the distance somewhere!

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, coolbub123 said:

the physics in this game are generally broken. I got 45% damage just for driving onto the sidewalk.

and a tiny highway marker flipped my truck once:

I think the issue here is that there is like a barrier, I think, so far up the grass which gives you damage and then the signs I don't even know, but I have had the same issue with the signs before.

The physics based props can be a bit wonky at times, even moreso than truck collsions.

On 8/3/2017 at 8:19 AM, coolbub123 said:

the physics in this game are generally broken. I got 45% damage just for driving onto the sidewalk.

and a tiny highway marker flipped my truck once:

it looks more like you smacked the incline past the ditch at 100 kph, and got sent flying for it

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

This Is A Common Issue Lots Of People Have Noticed, There Is Nothing Truckers.MP Can Do About It As SCS Made The Physics Not Truckers.MP.

ccowie25,
TFM presenter, 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived