Speed limit on Scout cars?

ChicagoCyclist

I get that Scout cars are made to get you from point A to point B faster and it's "cool" to be in a car that revolves round trucking, but I just don't get why these Scout cars have speed limits on them. 95% of the people using them aren't for actual pilot convoys (even when they have the paint for a piloted vehicle, they still aren't piloting a convoy) and I always see them going unbelievably fast to the point where they are constantly a menace to be around. Whenever I see one or a group of them, I just slow down or pull over until they pass because they always try to squeeze by side-by-side because god forbid they drive realistically, behind one another.

I am sure it's  been asked dozens of times, but why is there not a speed limit on these Scout cars? I feel like that would put a major dent in the trolling in regards to ramming.

As you said, it's been asked before, which is why the search function is there for you to use..there will not be anymore updates regarding them and they are set to the same as the trucks as this is a truck simulator.

I don't think they will add a speed limit on the cars, while they are annoying, they aren't that bad if you pay attention to where they are at all times. The cars are banned on EU #1, so if you want to get away from the cars then that's the server to join. However, with that you would need to give up the amount of players you see on the roads since not too much players play on EU #1. 

1 hour ago, Jaffa-VTC I Mirko9 I FME said:

Probaly you can't drive how much you wanna with scout (etc. 300) so there is a speed limit.

Also use Europe1 server if you don't wanna be rammed,blocked or something else by scout cars.   

Happy trucking and have a safe yourney!

That works fine for ets2  what about the players on ats.we dont have a e1 server to go to what are we supposed to do ?? put a speed limit of 65  on the cars will solve the problem

I think cars have become a bit of problem maker outside their ideal purpose (convoy control/admin police) 

Unfortunately there will always be trolls, but I personally believe cars have not helped the troll problem. 

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

I know not everyone who drives a car in the game behaves badly, but generally speaking I've found them to a menace.  The other night I was driving with a friend and a random guy in a pilot car started pulling in between our trucks, getting in front of us or dropping back behind us, sort of like an annoying fly hanging around at a BBQ.  Maybe a speed limit would help, you could still use them for piloting, but it might stop some of the cruise missile pilots from bothering with them.

There is no need to limit the speed on the cars, plenty of people (me included) know how to control them at speed. I often speed in the car but I know when to slow down and yes for a while driving the car (especially at first) I did crash quite a bit at speed but I have now gotten used to it and learned how to control it at speed.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

+1 I think they should add the limiter to make it more realistic, say I had a vauxhall/opel zafira and a skoda superb they would both be limited to about 125mph maybe a little bit more, I've used a dyno to see to top speed that a 2012 ford focus could produce (With limiter on) which was about 130mph so i don't get why we don't have the limiters implemented into the game and/or better handling so players can control these "Scouts" better when doing excessive speeding (200+ km/h) otherwise we are going to continue having these massive pile-ups as people doing 100mph + around a slight bend in the road start to lose control, as with this said if people doing 130+mph in these cars can't control them in the meanwhile until the handling is improved, please drive to what you can control the veichle otherwise these accident's will continue to happen. 9/10 the trucks are damaged more then these car's so I also think there should be a different server just for car's (EU#4 could be changed just for the cars).

On 05/08/2017 at 7:08 PM, Kermit The Frog said:

not speed but better brakes should be very good

I have set one profile to settings where the brakes work perfectly.. adjust your settings and don't drive like your in an F1 race and it will handle perfectly...

If You Want To Drive Without Having Pilot Cars Ram You, I Recommend Using EU 1, Cars Are Not On That Server, As They Would Get Kicked If They Try Driving A Pilot Car.

ccowie25,
TFM Presenter,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived