Do hired drivers work in MP?

Myxtro

Do hired drivers work in MP? My driver doesn't seem to bring me any money, even after a few hours. (I only have one driver so far) 

And no, I didn't use this profile in singleplayer so there's no time difference. 

However, having hired drivers in your MP can cause game crashes and freezes. The advice always given is to dismiss all your drivers so you do not have any of the issues having drivers in your garages on MP causes. :)

They do in-fact work in MP for more information read the post below. 

Hope this has helped and best of luck :D

Riley

If you want to have a legit money count then I would avoid adding any drivers. Since the time in MP never stops when ever you fast forward time (f7, sleep, ferry etc) the game then catches back up to the server time and it calculates the money your drivers "made" within that time frame. You might sleep one time and have 1,000,000 Dollars in your account, maybe less maybe more, all depends on how much drivers you have and how much time needs to be caught up on.

WARNING: If you do happen to hire drivers then you can run into a black screen issue while fast forwarding time. During this you cannot press any buttons or else your game will freeze, this will also make it look like you're sitting on a road so either pull off to the side, or do it in a NCZ. There is no telling when this black screen will happen, but I know it does happen seems to be rare though. The more drivers you have the longer it will take because the game needs to calculate loads done for every single driver which takes time. 

10 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

If you want to have a legit money count then I would avoid adding any drivers. Since the time in MP never stops when ever you fast forward time (f7, sleep, ferry etc) the game then catches back up to the server time and it calculates the money your drivers "made" within that time frame. You might sleep one time and have 1,000,000 Dollars in your account, maybe less maybe more, all depends on how much drivers you have and how much time needs to be caught up on.

This is quite strange as time doesn't actually progress when you sleep like in singleplayer. I was expecting them to be more legit in multiplayer as the time is server-sided. You can easily farm money in singleplayer by just sleeping 3 times.

As I said, MP time never stops, but when you log off you're no longer on the MP clock. So you may log off today and your game will be synced to the MP time today. However, if you come back in 4 days from now and log back in then the game has 4 days worth of game time to catch back up on.

With SP, when you log off the game time stops, when you log back in game time resumes. 

^

Is a server-sided economy really needed in order to make drivers work only when you are online? Now I'm not a programmer or whatsoever but this shouldn't be a very hard system to make right? (the drivers thing, not the economy)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived