Hybrid Trucks

Mi?uu

Question

Hello . As I saw a topic about using 750hp engine mod , so you'll have 750hp on all trucks , I was wondering if we're allowed to :

1. Use one truck's transmission on another , modifying def.scs ?  (old Volvo's trans on a Mercedes or a Renault)

2. Change transmission ratios ? - def.scs also

3. Using old volvo engine on the new volvo (i think that one is better ) - done by messing with def.scs , also .

9 answers to this question

Hi there,

You can take a look at the rules here: https://truckersmp.com/rules

There are some rules about save editing, although I've seen many people who put a Volvo engine in a Scania truck. I think this is allowed, but I'm not entirely sure about it. As long as your truck works and it doesn't have too much things on it like beacons, you're alright.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Yes , I also use that Volvo engine on Scania , but as I searched topics about hybrid trucks , there were no mentions of "transmission" , only the parts of the cabin (Mercedes + Volvo , or any other two cabins put together) , engines , and other minor things , but no , not trans :)

+ how do i archive the modified .scs ? tried making an archive just like in the video , but no , the game filesystem failed to initialize aborting

Spoiler

Ok , so that being said , I can . But how do i archive back a .scs file ? base.scs or def.scs , because , all the topics I 've found on the forum were either with photos (blank , deleted) , either videos on youtube that were removed 

" the game file system failed to initialize aborting now"

@Mi?uu 

I use 7zip to create a .scs file.

You have to add to an archive then you have on the top (7zip) of the window a name of the file like def.zip now what you habe to do is replace the .zip to a .scs and you have to look for something with CPU normaly its on 4 but you have to turn it to 8 now comfirm it and you have a .scs file.

If you have problems then contact me via PM

- LSPD Gamer

Alright , I'll try these when I can , yesterday I was able to do this via autosave/game.sii with the save decrypter .

Thank you everyone , for taking a bit of time to answer :) (can be closed mr mod :P)