FREE/Private servers separation

TheHanvod

Thread reworked, old version behind the spoiler.

Spoiler

*Sorry for my bad english and Google Translate using*

Suggestion Name: Free/Private servers

Suggestion Description:

For example EU1 server will be "Free". Every person that registred can play on this server.

Free

No cars

90 speed limit

Less administraition  - That doesnt mean deacreasing ammount of adminisration at EU1!

EU2 server becames "Private"  

Private:

More administration

Cars

No speed limit

EU3 and EU4 servers stays free with their rules!

To get access on this server players need to fulfill several conditions

For example:

30 hrs + on free server  X km passed on free server

No bans for 2 weekS

No trolling bans in history - that means ramming and blocking

Less than 10 reports a week - we need to know average ammount of reports to player to consider this! Main idea is that normal player that

complies with pda will never get as  many reports as troll.

or Invite from Private server player (First week If invited player will be banned, inviter will get the same ban)

or a little $$$ donation to project deleted

If you get banned for trolling, you lose your private server bypass 

Why should it be added?: We all know that trolls and rammers became really annoying. Free/Private servers separation will help us to avoid about 90% of trolls.

Suggestion Description:

EU1 server becames "Free":

No cars

Speed limiter

Less administration compared to "Private EU2"

Cars

No speed limit

More administation compared to "Free" servers

To get access on "Private" server players need to fulfill several conditions:

1. km on  "Free" server roads  (15000 km for example)

2.  No more than reports/week (10, 20, 30? I dont know, we need to know average count on each player) - Normal players will never get as many reports as trolls and racers.

3. No trolling bans (Blocking, Ramming) in history.

or Invite from Private server player (First week If invited player will be banned, inviter will get the same ban)

If you get banned for trolling, you lose your private server bypass and can play only on "Free" servers.

"Private" server rules concept behind the spoiler.

Spoiler

First of all we need to make "Warn" system. 

All players on private server can earn only 2 warns for extreme violations of traffic rules.(Dangerous driving, speeding, overtaking through two continuous on busy roads, driving on the opposite lane, etc)

After 3 warn player gets a 1 month ban for private server and can only play on free.

Every first day of the month the warn counter resets

EU3, EU4 stays "Free" with current rules

Why should it be added?:  

Having a buffer server has the potential in keeping most of the trolls out because getting into the non restricted EU2 means a lot of work and trolls have no patience for those and especially not with the idea they can only troll a bit until getting reported and kicked out and deal with the restricted EU1 server again

Of course, it would be more difficult to acces the EU2 server for trolls. But also for normal players that want to enjoy the game.

I have no problem with EU2. If you have a problem with trolls, why do you go to the CD road? Why do you go to Duisburg? Why do you go to Calais? There's no need to do so. The best jobs neither start in this areas nor go through it nor end here. If you go there, you know that there are many trolls/reckless drivers. It's on your own risk. 

11 minutes ago, TheHanvod said:

a little $$$ donation to project

I think a better wording would be "paying". You should know that TruckersMP has to be a free mod and only donations are possible. What you're suggesting is no donation although you call it like this.

I'm glad that everything of TruckersMP is free to use and accesible to everyone. It should stay like this. 

• Upvote 1

Getting to private server must be easy for every person that just playing the game. Only a few hours on free server without bans and you will get to server with better gameplay without any problems. It will be issue to trolls, not for normal players

Edited by KhaosHammer
Removed unnecessary quotation.

But the thing is - there's already a system similar to your suggestion. It allows every player to acces the servers except trolls and other reckless drivers. It's called the report/ban system.

This is how it works: trolls are banned and cannot acces the TMP servers.

Why are although trolls on the server? Because it is impossible to oversee all of them. That's why everyone is able to report other players. All trolls I reported until now got usually banned.

• Upvote 1

Huge -1.

EU1 is free, mostly all players will be on this server. There is no point to reduce administration, there will be oviously more reports on it, even with 90kmh speed limit.

As you probably know, EU1 is the "realistic" server of ETS2MP : There is no cars allowed on it, simply because you're on a truck simulator. So why allow on it all the "newbies" players ?

Why make ETS2 private ? What's about EU3, and EU4 ? Can they still be joined for free, or do players need an "server bypass" ?

+ There will be less players on it. So why increase administration especially on THAT server ?

Also, your conditions doesnt make any sense at all. What if it's a "pro" player, that have been banned only 1 time for trolling, without really wanting to do it ? He can't enjoy ETS2MP anymore.

Trolls and rammers will still be here, you can't do anything to avoid them forever. That's it.

• Upvote 1

Hey @TheHanvod.

I disagree with your suggestion, mainly due to the reasons stated above in @Erael's reply.

Also, the fact that you're proposing that people can pay to get onto the server is just blatantly silly. Fact is, trolls will just buy new accounts in order to get onto the so called 'Private Server' and then they will just troll again.

In an online game, you will always have trolls. Even if they report others, or have over 30 hours on a certain game. 

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

10 minutes ago, Erael said:

EU1 is free, mostly all players will be on this server.

Not really, getting bypass to server without speed limit, cars and better players not so difficult to stay at EU1. 

14 minutes ago, Erael said:

There is no point to reduce administration

Ok. Idea is increase administation on Private server to make better gameplay.

15 minutes ago, Erael said:

As you probably know, EU1 is the "realistic" server of ETS2MP : There is no cars allowed on it, simply because you're on a truck simulator.

Playing without cars doesnt make Truck Simulator more realistic

16 minutes ago, Erael said:

Why make ETS2 private ?

You can make any server private, its not so important

17 minutes ago, Erael said:

What's about EU3, and EU4

They will be free with their rules

17 minutes ago, Erael said:

So why increase administration especially on THAT server

To make a better gameplay

18 minutes ago, Erael said:

What if it's a "pro" player, that have been banned only 1 time for trolling, without really wanting to do it ?

They can make a appeal.

These little things must be at the discretion of the administration. I just made a example how it can be.

1 minute ago, Mirrland said:

Hey @TheHanvod.

In an online game, you will always have trolls. Even if they report others, or have over 30 hours on a certain game. 

The point is decreasing count of trolls and make server with better control.

4 minutes ago, TheHanvod said:

Ok. Idea is increase administation on Private server to make better gameplay.

25 minutes ago, Erael said:

Okay, so what happens when incidents occur on the EU1 server? And all of their players come whining onto the forums about lack of administation?

TruckersMP simply isn't like that, and they will never put a majority of players below others. Admins typically go onto the most filled server, in order to make the game fair for more people. If they go onto a server with less people and less incidents occurring, that would simply be a waste of time for them.

Edited by Mirrland

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Just now, Mirrland said:

Okay, so what happens when incidents occur on the EU1 server? And all of their players come whining onto the forums about lack of administation?

Why we cant increase administation on private server without decresing EU1? 

-1. Trolls will find a way, and this will just discourage people who actually play TMP properly from playing, because of all of these requirements. Say 30 hours for example, just leave your PC on for a day and a half with ETS running, boom. You have 30 hours. See where I'm coming from?

9 hours ago, TheHanvod said:

Suggestion Description:

For example EU1 server will be "Free". Every person that registred can play on this server.

Free

No cars

90 speed limit

Less administraition

Private:

More administration

Cars

No speed limit

To get access on this server players need to fulfill several conditions

For example:

30 hrs + on free server

No bans for 2 weeks

No trolling bans in history

Less than 10 reports a week

or a little $$$ donation to project

If you get banned, you lose your private server bypass

Why should it be added?: We all know that trolls and rammers became really annoying. Free/Private servers separation will help us to avoid about 90% of trolls.

Good idea, but has a few issues.

for example, if someone gets falsely banned because of ID mistype or fake reports, how would your system consider that?

also, if someone reports more than 10 times a week, how is that fair? Unless you are talking about more than 10 reports against you, if not, why is reporting more = something bad? I've had weeks where I've easily put In at least 30 reports if not double that.

again, clarify, what constitutes as "trolling bans"? Is that ramming? Overtaking in highly populated areas? Blocking? 

Honestly, separating servers based on hours and number of bans/reports isn't a fair way to do things, chances are, trolls will get clean profiles, meet the requirements, join, troll, get banned, setup a new profile, rinse and repeat, whereas normal people who have bans for petty reasons or false claims etc, they get penalised.

to be fair, I'd rather see a server where anyone who is banned for specific offences, such as blocking, get put once they are allowed to rejoin TMP, they stay there till they can prove that they're not going to troll, the more offence, the longer they stay there (and that's actual active time, not number of days, weeks etc, you have to spend say 90 hours ingame without breaking rules, your speeds are restricted and if you ram others or block etc, more time is added that you have to complete. That keeps the separation while not penalising innocent, kind of like a virtual jail.

11 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

for example, if someone gets falsely banned because of ID mistype or fake reports, how would your system consider that?

also, if someone reports more than 10 times a week, how is that fair? Unless you are talking about more than 10 reports against you, if not, why is reporting more = something bad? I've had weeks where I've easily put In at least 30 reports if not double that.

Good question, I dont really know how to make this system fair. You can change count of reports to 30, 40 or more. We need to know average count of reports per player to consider that. Admins cant ban every person that driving like idiot, but normal driver never will get a lot of reports for nothing. 

again, clarify, what constitutes as "trolling bans"? Is that ramming? Overtaking in highly populated areas? Blocking? 

Mostly ramming and blocking. That peoples will never be able to play on private server.

Honestly, separating servers based on hours and number of bans/reports isn't a fair way to do things, chances are, trolls will get clean profiles, meet the requirements, join, troll, get banned, setup a new profile, rinse and repeat, whereas normal people who have bans for petty reasons or false claims etc, they get penalised.

I think trolls will stuck at free servers. They can troll and get bans at free server, what the reason to going for trolling at private? Playing like good boy for 1-2 weeks at free to ram someone at private and loose private bypass after 1-2 days of trolling?

I actually like the idea of a buffer server. Combine this with the other suggestion of a no rule server and this will sift out a lot of trolls. With EU2 exclusive for non violators, trolls will either bore themselves in EU1 trying to get to EU2 and then waste all that effort by having violations and getting restricted again or simply just go to the no rules server and do whatever. Newbies only needs an hour or two of playtime in EU1 because an hour or two is all it takes for trolls to show their colors or bore themselves that they just simply switch to the no rule server.

I support this idea along with the no rule server.

T-up

I'm disagree too for sames reasons as said @Erael and @Mirrland 

On 29/07/2017 at 3:44 PM, TheHanvod said:

a little $$$ donation to project

Everyone can buy for join the private server and after a ban, make a new account and buy again, it isn't a pay system who would be perfect.

(And if you havd create a suggestion for a "bad players" who lacks respect (troll,...), you can joins an another servers, I haven't find a troll on EU#1 at the moment:) )

4 hours ago, GKilat said:

Combine this with the other suggestion of a no rule server and this will sift out a lot of trolls.

I think the players like full servers or a server who have a lot of players ( EU#2 ) so if there are a server EU#446 ( just a exemple ^^ ) without rules with 121 players on 2500 and EU#2 ( private server ) with rules and 2479 on 2500 players... what do you choose ?

It's my opinion and can change any time ;)

And good luck for your suggestion even if I'm disagree with that and see you soon on the road :)

12 hours ago, TheHanvod said:

Good question, I dont really know how to make this system fair. You can change count of reports to 30, 40 or more. We need to know average count of reports per player to consider that. Admins cant ban every person that driving like idiot, but normal driver never will get a lot of reports for nothing. 

Mostly ramming and blocking. That peoples will never be able to play on private server.

I think trolls will stuck at free servers. They can troll and get bans at free server, what the reason to going for trolling at private? Playing like good boy for 1-2 weeks at free to ram someone at private and loose private bypass after 1-2 days of trolling?

The thing is, if you go by in game reports then no one will join the private server because at some point someone will report you for something, whether it be desync or misinterpretation of the rules, it happens all the time, plus you have to take into account the troll groups who report people for no reason, going off of how many reports against a player for a representation of who they are and how they behave, isn't the best, anyone can report anyone else for any random reason, it doesn't matter, the only thing that should matter is the number of bans they have and for what.

fair enough, but say someone is reported/kicked/banned for blocking when they're not intentionally doing so or are not on their screen, is it fair to remove their privelleges for that reason? 

Honestly, it's better to say that any rule breaking that is related to trolling activity witnessed is then applicable for the whole privellege removal.

its the mindset of a troll, if there's a way to bring misery to other people enjoying their day, then they will do it, even if they get to only do do for a day or 2, there's nothing stopping them making multiple burn accounts and just rejoining every so often, it happens nowadays as is.

3 hours ago, Caernage said:

I think the players like full servers or a server who have a lot of players ( EU#2 ) so if there are a server EU#446 ( just a exemple ^^ ) without rules with 121 players on 2500 and EU#2 ( private server ) with rules and 2479 on 2500 players... what do you choose ?

It's my opinion and can change any time ;)

And good luck for your suggestion even if I'm disagree with that and see you soon on the road :)

Trolls don't care about full servers. What they care is that they have victims and there will be a lot of casual trolls looking for fun by trolling other trolls without punishment. So trolls would rather troll on a server without rules than server that restricts them and end their fun. 

I do see some problems with trolls mass reporting an innocent but TMP does have a rule to show evidence of trolling for your report to count so it might not be that bad. You can also reason the current ban system already affects innocents as well so the reasoning that innocents may get banned from the normal server doesn't really matter.

Every suggestions have a negative side so what we should be doing is weighing both the positive and the negative instead of focusing on just one aspect. I see the positive potential of this suggestion greater than negative especially when paired with the other suggestion of a no rule server.

-1 It costs money to host a server so I doubt that MP will give you a 'Free' private server. TruckersMP isn't like an ordinary game development team like Treyarch where they have their own servers. TruckersMP pay for the servers to be up and running and i'm thankful for just having the right to play on them. Bringing private servers to 1.6 million people will costs tons and tons of money. If you'd like to play on a private server then your only option is single player i'm afraid. Sorry :L 

^

I think the OP is suggesting to convert existing servers which means no additional costs. EU1 will be a buffer server where players and newbies are tested if they are serious truckers and EU2 will be for players who proved themselves to take the game seriously through EU1. I imagine those who violates the rules in EU2 can't access it until they proved themselves reformed through EU1.

The OP isn't talking about creating private servers for yourself and friends. 

8 hours ago, GKilat said:

Every suggestions have a negative side so what we should be doing is weighing both the positive and the negative instead of focusing on just one aspect. 

Just, I don't see the positive potential on this suggestion and I don't think there are positives points. Each player have a different opinion, your arguments don't convince me @GKilat but I respect your opinion :)

Good luck for suggestion even if I'm disagree with that and see you soon on the road :)

^

You can pretend it doesn't have one but the fact I was able to highlight a positive means it does and you simply ignored it. Your opinion is there are no positive points. That's it.

Having a buffer server has the potential in keeping most of the trolls out because getting into the non restricted EU2 means a lot of work and trolls have no patience for those and especially not with the idea they can only troll a bit until getting reported and kicked out and deal with the restricted EU1 server again. One or two hours in EU1 for newbies are mild inconveniences compared to trolls that has to deal with this boring part every time they try to get into EU2 to troll.

Honestly, there are good suggestions here in this subforum but I noticed most of it are being downvoted because of people'e personal opinion disliking it instead of being objective about it and weighing the positives and negatives.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.