ETS 2 1.28 Beta, Disappointed with Doubles

Snotra

I must say i am not much impressed with the this update, compared to ATS which they had 3 types of  "long trailers", ETS2 receives 1....

I feel SCS cut short of this, they should have brought this, link as shown in the topic i've made about "doubles" in Europe. Since you can only drive these Doubles in Scandinavia, this configuration is awful and not mean't for nordic countries, why we in Norway or Sweden don't drive those SCS are giving us :P

BY9EFJf.jpgfbRYLDr.jpg

After some responses, let me clear the air on this. I am not complaining, i am giving SCS some criticism, if people don't criticize games, then there's no point in taking part in a game with constant project updates.

signature.png

Why do people have to be so ungrateful? Some games don't even get updates after a couple of years and you're complaining that they didn't include every kind of EuroCombi available... I know that this combination is pretty uncommon, but it's something to start with. SCS will probably add more (well, at least I hope so), but seriously, this is called BETA for a reason. SCS only announced this combo so why would you even be disappointed? You get EXACTLY what SCS announced... You should also keep in mind that this update has a lot more features than just thew doubles. New light flares, new backgrounds, improvements for DAF and a whole new trailer.

@Spieker [GER] Hello, i am not complaining, you have to understand as a user, you are bound to criticize the producers of a content, to help improve their game/content.

I am just criticizing SCS. Also read my response earlier in the post before bashing stuff at me*

signature.png

@Snotra Don't get me wrong, I want other EuroCombis as well and of course you can criticize what you want, but in my opinion your critique is not really appropriate, mainly because you express disappointment over something you're not supposed to be disappointed about. SCS never announced other EuroCombis, yet you are criticizing them for not including something they never said they would include in this update.

@Snotra I don't really get why you are dissatisfied? If you don't like the double trailers, there's a solution as easy as it gets: Don't take them. You see, the nice thing here is that this update brings the doubles as additional content. That of course means, that everybody can choose on his own, whether or not he/she is going to use this opportunity to try something new or not. I simply can't get how you can complain about additional stuff that's for free. It isn't replacing anything, so please just sit back and be happy that SCS is still providing us with nice, new content regularly (sometimes even for free, which is all but granted for most of the other game developers on the market).

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Buttt it's B-train not double. Difference here....

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

2 hours ago, chipmunk197 said:

america is made for long haul double and triple trailers when i was on main land Europe i hardly ever seen double trailer trucks but here in Canada and the usa there everywhere mainly in Canada you get the double 53s and the triple shorts 

but Europe its rear to see more then the one trailer 

And if you're in Saskatchewan you might be able to see a Triple 53' if you're driving during night.

http://www.trucknews.com/sustainability/online-special-loblaws-running-triple-53-in-saskatchewan/1001030661/

I don't go on SCS forums or anything but my guess is the ETS 2 community was complaining to SCS that ATS got the beta first and they didn't. So because of that, SCS felt rushed and they didn't do enough research, hence doubles being only available in Scandinavia. There was already 1 guy on the ATS beta thread asking why they forgot ETS 2, so I assume there would be way more on their own forums. 

Now with this... Whatever the extended, truck, trailer, thingy is called... I'm Canadian... xD SCS would need to do way more than just add double trailers. SCS would need to create more truck models to add on the extra trailer on the frame of the truck and code it in the game. Also, since the trailer would be modeled on the frame of the truck I would assume that you wouldn't get any extra cash for it. If you don't get extra cash then you're basically just hauling around a regular trailer with a extended truck, some of the roads in ETS 2 are tight and you need all the room you can get. 

^

dam you get 3 53s  there im only in Alberta and we get the 2 53s and the triple short ones 

i cant see what people are moaning about people want realism and got it and still not happy just cant win but the thing im confused about is the daf tuning parts only having stock only parts like whats the point of that 

Sure, it's not three trailers but ATS has been bone dry in terms of content compared to ETS2.  Sure, there are some notable double trailer combos that are missing (containers, logging, alternate styles) but I'm sure more will come with due time.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

It's a nice dlc/update . 

Handles well the physics seem to be on point and it looks good to  . 

I can understand criticism if the style/type of double is not true to life in this part of the world as well . 

Iv tried it out and enjoyed doing a couple of runs . 

But now iv given it a go changed back out of 1.28 so I can mp . 

Me myself would have liked the rigid drawbar style but hay I enjoy the the standard tractor trailer setup still as much now as before all this heavy cargo and double trailer kerfuflal . But I look forwards to the wider range of traffic on the road in mp . 

On balance well done scs !! You've still got my vote . ;)

The thing I'm disappointed about with the doubles is that they are only going to be in Scandinavia :( I had hoped there would be some double log trailers but guess not sadly :(  SCS has done a good job with these tho and they are exactly what they promised, hopefully in the future they will add more types of doubles like the tandem :)

You can get doubles or even triples in some places in Europe tho (usually only see them with funfairs or circuses tho)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Archived