Midnight Trucking with Noxii

Noxii

Hi everyone!

So as a couple of you already know I am a trucker and I work in northern Norway, since (at least what I think) the nature is kinda spectacular up here especially now during summer as we have whats called "Midnight sun" meaning exactly what it says and the sun never sets so clearly we don't get any darkness up here in the summer. So as some might be interest in trucking or nature or Norway or maybe the midnight sun I thought why not create a clip recorded by the dash cam so I did.

I created a clip out of the part where I passed over Kvænangsfjellet in northern Norway, Troms Fylke. The video is recorded yesterday the night between the 24th and 25th of July and the time as stated by the clock in the bottom left corner is 2 hours wrong since it displays time in UTC so Norwegian time meaning that you'll have to add 2 hours to what it says there.

Below you can find the video if you're interested.

So now to my question for you lot here, what did you think about the video? Was it cool to watch? Do you have any hints or tricks or any information for me that I could use etc? Would you be interested in more of these videos or what? If yes, do you have any specific wishes?

Please give me some feedback guys, but please bare in mind that this is just simply a sped up clip not edited in any way at all and its my first video ever posted on YouTube. :)

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

Why does it look like daytime? It doesn't look like the night, maybe in the afternoon

What kind of road is it? Is there a speed limit?

^

I might be wrong so correct me if I am but I think in certain parts of Norway during the summer the sun never actually sets there. It's so far north it's visible to the sun at all times. 

Yeah here's a video that explains it, where I learnt it from.

I wanna emphasise this video is filmed around midnight lol. 

Spoiler

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

If you read the top part again @Doppler effect it explains to you why its not dark, its because I live so far up north above the arctic circle meaning that during summer the sun never sets up here and therefore it can't possibly get dark. And yes there is a speed limit of 80km/h on roads without speed signs in Norway, when exiting a 60km/h you'll see a white sign with grey numbers in it and 60 crossed over with black lines which then marks that you're now leaving the 60 zone and its now 80km/h that is the allowed speed. 

Thank you so much for all the kind words guys and as I said I will upload more as long as people find it interesting and like watching it, so I just finished uploading a new video recorded today as I was arriving into Tromsø (often described as Paris of the north, I don't know why tho).

And FYI I also have a new video ready for you lot tomorrow hopefully.

If you find Tromsø interesting I recommend you to look it up on Google as more images and videos and information is obviously available there as I don't really know that much about it more than it is one of the major and larger cities in the north and it is also classed as one of Norways most expensive places to live.

And @MrHarv #Wish64 I will consider doing that in the future when I'm able to get a new camera since this dash cam requires power from a power outlet all the time to stay on and recording.

7 hours ago, Penguin said:

Instead of signs which warn you of deer, do you get like 'Stray Polar bears' signs? :P:troll: 

Haha sadly no thats only up in Svalbard, however we got loads of reindeers and reindeer warning signs :P

A new video is up for you guys who's still interested.

And I actually already have another one uploaded to YouTube as we speak and just waits for me to press "Public" on it tomorrow.

I hope you guys like it, and one more thing I could really use all your help regarding songs etc to use in my clips so if you have any recommendations please send them to me! I would also be really glad if someone could help me make like a cool intro to these vids that would have been so cool to have and maybe also a cool header and profile clip for the channel? :)

Lovely video @Noxii. I'm absolutely in love with the environment shown, so foggy and fresh... Stunning! As a spanish person (and in my personal case) it's nice to see these things, I am pretty upset of the heat, beaches and yellow grass that covers the bast majority of the ground of this country. I'm more of a countryside guy.

About songs to use in your videos, I think this one would fit perfectly on them. It recreates the "travelling" scene pretty well in my opinion and it's always managed to cheer me up.

Regards and safe driving ^_^

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

Great stuff so far, keep them coming.

in regards to suggestions, for me, it would be neat to see your speed, specially into curves, etc. 

:wub:   ARRIVE ALIVE   :wub:                                                                                 

y4m6qDB-IifeCVT3FV6drZvjSt7gnQoGcLfq9w-q

BS INC. ESTABLISHED 2017 

Hope there's not many bad drivers out there. But if there are, you can make a compilation of those. That would be really fun to watch. Like this one

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived