Finding Griefers

mandystella

Question

Hi,

Is there a way to find players who weren't letting me overtake them and were driving in the middle of the road. I tried to overtake and one of them and they pit manoeuvred my trailer which caused me to turn over my side. I took two screenshots of their username and the incident. However, I fear that the two screenshots will not be enough evidence to get them punished because the screenshots aren't good proof of them doing it. (It has happened to me before.) I have plans to track them and record their behaviour so the report won't be denied.

I already have their TruckersMP ID.

I hope have I have plans to do is not illegal.

Thanks

(I tried to upload the images but they surpass the maximum upload size.)

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mandystella said:

What about finding their steamID?

If you follow @Mirrland as stated above ( and if you have evidence that is accurate enough ) the user should be banned.

However if your still interested in getting the individuals STEAM ID

Either search the user on the homepage as Mirrland suggested or follow a path that should be the same for you "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\ETS2MP\logs" and there should be a "log_spawning" file if you open that in notepad or Notepad++ it will show you a list of users you came across while playing ETS2 or ATS. If you do CTRL+F and search for that players name something like this should come up.

saBPt2DMTGiGXNmpxBGRdw.png

Now doesn't matter which way you did it, by using the homepage on TruckersMP or using your logs - copy the TruckersMP ID ( in this case we will use my ID which is 921085  )

Next go to this website here https://helper.mp/ and paste the TruckersMP ID and a new box will come up showing this with the STEAM ID.

Kz0t8Uu1S46Ccb-rtNPwMA.png

Hope this has helped.

Riley

Hey @mandystella.

You can search their names into the TruckersMP website, then you will be able to access the profile.

Q4Bbvcg5SrmoU2fOJn5zQQ.png

Their ID will be present in the URL (/user/[ID])

vH5u9RvRQ1mGzSw2lUhBdQ.png

For future reference, most admins will deny screenshot evidence as it just isn't accurate enough. 

You can find a list of recording softwares here: 

If by 'track' you mean follow them in-game, that is not currently possible.

Hope that the above helps :D.

• Upvote 2

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

1 hour ago, Mirrland said:

Hey @mandystella.

You can search their names into the TruckersMP website, then you will be able to access the profile.

Q4Bbvcg5SrmoU2fOJn5zQQ.png

Their ID will be present in the URL (/user/[ID])

vH5u9RvRQ1mGzSw2lUhBdQ.png

For future reference, most admins will deny screenshot evidence as it just isn't accurate enough. 

You can find a list of recording softwares here: 

If by 'track' you mean follow them in-game, that is not currently possible.

Hope that the above helps :D.

What about finding their steamID?

Hi @mandystella,

You can of course try, but a screenshot of you on the side and of their TruckersMP ID may not be sufficient evidence as anybody could have flipped you over, not them. (of course I can't say for sure, your screenshots may be enough evidence). However, a good rule of thumb is to always record. Programs like OBS (what I use) are free, don't cause any additional lag, and you can just delete the footage you have captured when you are done your drive if nothing interesting happened. However you can keep that footage for incidents like these or if you are wrongfully banned and can use it in an appeal. (That's why I keep my footage for a month after recording).

Regards,

sko0923.