Cannot contact server

Steamed_Veges

Question

Hi all,

Was just wondering if i could get some help with this.
My launcher installs fine when i go to click on the exe file it stalls and says it cannot contact update server.
I have followed links for the .net framework and mine is up to date, tried no fire wall no defender, verified ETS2 game files and moved the program folder.
Have also searched for all traces of truckersmp and deleted and started fresh.
Cleaned out the temp files and moved it.

I also have no copy of truckersmp in "programdata" so cannot delete the .dll file.

Im not to sure what else to do anyone have any suggestions other than restart comp and router?

Not sure if this is relevant but truckersmp used to work and be installed before i reinstalled windows, was actually the reason i reinstalled trying to fix the wrong version issue for truckersmp.

Thanks in advance

59770cb80e831_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.45edf1e34b7dfdeb4ae216d796ae8622.png

59770d5615fcb_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.393f4265b1aea32b0d32368242cd91bf.png

10 answers to this question

1- If your launcher is crashing or showing you errors you can follow this guide. Also make sure you install and always run the launcher with admin rights and also you have the latest .Net Framework (4.6.2) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015

2- 926cc8a36d8548008647000596378e9a.png

3- Then please allow steam to download the latest update.

You can download the new version of TruckersMP from here : https://truckersmp.com/download

4-Please write a support ticket here. Hide contents https://support.truckersmp.com/

Cordially,

HamitCanKilic

Helpful Human :) 

Thanks for the quick reply, also nice to see someone localish on here haha. New Zealand for me.
Unfortunately i have tried both. I'm running fibre at my place so should be able to handle the load i would hope.
Yeah i'm not to sure i had it installed to program files, Ive just uninstalled and put the folder into program data and this is all i see in the truckers mp launcher folder.597714f76cf5f_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.a24953e304fccf4678e4a23db9f7a3e3.png

Thanks for your reply i have had no luck.

1. Both are installed and updated .Net Framework (4.6.2) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015

2. Both ATS and ETS2 are verified

3. These are my update versions ATS 1.6.2.4s 64bit
                                                     ETS 1.27.2.9s 64bit

4. This is my support ticket to which i referred this post

Redownloaded launcher and installed and ran in admin still the same unfortunately.

Cheers

Considering the fact that the launcher was having issues to contact the update server but it worked fine upon switching from a cabled connection to a wireless connection, it would seem that the problem was a poor internet connection, in this case, caused by a faulty ethernet cable or connector.

OP informed the problem has been solved so the thread will now be locked and moved to Solved.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >