Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Team dedicated to the management of bans

Willy_FR

Hello everybody, two days ago, I thought of an idea that could relieve the work of the admins and also considerably reduce the processing time of the requests of ban.

Suggestion Name: Team dedicated to the management of ban requests made on the site TruckersMP

Suggestion Description: Having noticed that admins are overwhelmed with work, and also seeing that applications are processed in too long a time, I had the idea that a team is specially created to manage requests for bans made on the site only, This would relieve the admins and reduce processing times for a better functioning of the system of bans. That way admins would have less work and they could concentrate on what goes on in game or something else.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: In order to reduce the workload on the shoulders of the admins, which would at the same time be more effective and could devote it to other key aspects of the game. Players will also be pleased to see that their ban requests are processed in a shorter time frame.

Cordially.

ωιℓℓу, ρ∂g ∂'єυяσραωнєєℓ

it wont even get added, they've been refusing to add more active admins when everyone has been asking for them for ages :/

the ingame thing is probably sorted now for the replay but they should have a team who deals with website reports, i reported someone on the 11th july and it still hasn't been claimed.....

• Upvote 3

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

There is a reason for it not being added i was speaking to firestarter two nights ago there were 7k reports on the website and it takes someone with patience and time to get through alot of them not to mention it would take training people up and I bet youd find not many would want to join because its boring to them for me I wouldnt mind but it just wont work

^

you cant expect with hundreds or thousands of reports coming in daily there all going to be done instantly there is always someone going through the reports they can only do one at a time if it wasnt for the moderators and admins you would see you report get claimed in a year they try there hardest so how about you praise instead of complain.

30 minutes ago, K??V?TI? said:

it wont even get added, they've been refusing to add more active admins when everyone has been asking for them for ages :/

the ingame thing is probably sorted now for the replay but they should have a team who deals with website reports, i reported someone on the 11th july and it still hasn't been claimed.....

I kinda agree partially with you, the replays give us ability to make sure that the perpetrator won't evade when the report gets claimed, but we really lose a lot of time while watching the replays, so we process the in-game reports even slower, so some even expire while waiting their turn...

(just to clarify: my in-game time is spent in playing, so my opinion may be completely wrong) 

• Upvote 1

Hello,

In future I would highly recommend reading this guide and use the search function in future

This suggestion has been made many times and have been rejected plenty of times. 

-1 TMP can only trust certain members with power and that's why they go with the process of the forum mod team to see how they cope with situations and if they can trust them or not. Now, I am not saying TMP doesn't trust people I am saying it due to the fact that they're giving power to people.. What if one abuses and bans everyone they see?

We should canvass first why so many reports are send.

I assume that some reports contain only minor incidents that are magnified by injured pride.

If we players learn to keep our heads and think about if an incident is really worth a report, we could likely reduce the workload of the administrators and speed up the processing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2017 at 0:14 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

I assume that some reports contain only minor incidents that are magnified by injured pride.

If we players learn to keep our heads and think about if an incident is really worth a report, we could likely reduce the workload of the administrators and speed up the processing.

I agree plus there seems to be quite a few users who think they're admins by reporting every single thing they see even if its nothing to do with them like a crash could be an accident and the person at fault could apologise but you still get that person who has nothing to do with the crash reporting the user after they apologise like in my opinion people should just mind their own business and report things that only affect them :P

On 25/07/2017 at 8:45 AM, K??V?TI? said:

The reason why the team isn't expanding rapidly is because it takes time to train people to deal with situations professionally, I mean, if you leave it to an amateur, anyone who makes a wide turn would get a years ban, plus the team have to trust new members and trust can't be earned in a 5 minute meet and greet.

its the same for having a separate team for reports, people will need to be taught how to do the job professionally and be trusted to make the correct decisions, which would take just as long as if admins carried on, plus, you would need a team 2-5x the size of the current admin group to keep up with demand and I just don't see that many people volunteering their spare time to go through reports and videos. 

On 27/07/2017 at 0:14 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

Most of the time reports on the webpage are for genuine reasons and that is what this suggestion is aimed at, not ingame reports, besides, I personally would rather people report for minor incidents than not report at all, if someone wasn't paying attention and rammed me, then they will get a report because they should be paying attention to the road, I mean if no one reports minor incidents, then what's the point of having server rules against things? May as well just go hog wild and do 100MPH everywhere, ram everyone for more points and do reckless stuff for the hell of it.

Plus, with a community of this size, even if we reduced "useless" reports, admins would still be overwhelmed with reports because there's always going to be someone doing something wrong somewhere.

5 hours ago, TFM DJ Liam said:

I agree plus there seems to be quite a few users who think they're admins by reporting every single thing they see even if its nothing to do with them like a crash could be an accident and the person at fault could apologise but you still get that person who has nothing to do with the crash reporting the user after they apologise like in my opinion people should just mind their own business and report things that only affect them :P

Well technically, if an accident occurs and is blocking the flow of traffic, then that is affecting them. So argument lost there.

plus, most people will report something they see if they see who exactly caused it in the first place, I mean personally I've never seen someone report someone else without probable cause.

And again, we are talking about website reports here, not ingame reports, web reports require evidence to prove what happens happens. 

Just saying.

5 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

The reason why the team isn't expanding rapidly is because it takes time to train people to deal with situations professionally, I mean, if you leave it to an amateur, anyone who makes a wide turn would get a years ban, plus the team have to trust new members and trust can't be earned in a 5 minute meet and greet.

its the same for having a separate team for reports, people will need to be taught how to do the job professionally and be trusted to make the correct decisions, which would take just as long as if admins carried on, plus, you would need a team 2-5x the size of the current admin group to keep up with demand and I just don't see that many people volunteering their spare time to go through reports and videos. 

they should give new admins limited power e.g. they can't ban as long or do permas

then after abit they get more powers

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

^^ @K??V?TI? You know we have done over 40% of the backlogged reports in the past 2 days... So it is improving a lot. Soon hopefully waiting times will be a lot lower.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

11 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Well technically, if an accident occurs and is blocking the flow of traffic, then that is affecting them. So argument lost there.

plus, most people will report something they see if they see who exactly caused it in the first place, I mean personally I've never seen someone report someone else without probable cause.

And again, we are talking about website reports here, not ingame reports, web reports require evidence to prove what happens happens. 

I wasn't talking about if it blocks traffic, like it could be a slight bump and the person at fault apologies as everyone moves on so the traffic is still flowing but yet you still get someone wanting to report.

• Ashley locked this topic