The Process of Reporting, Banning

QuickSix

Hello All,

I would like to know the process of banning a player.

I'm asking this as my wife is banned for a few days and we have no idea why. We remember nothing that could have happened that could cause her to get banned.

We are appealing as we know she did nothing wrong. So I have a few questions if anyone could answer.

1. What kind of proof is shown in order to ban a player ? Pic ? Video ?  if so why not show the evidence to the accused instead of a link that does not work or cant copy and paste.

2. What happens to players that report other player that are not guilty of anything ? any repercussions for them if the report turns out to be false ?

3. Who has the power to ban ? Can these who can ban maybe go to far sometimes, maybe it was an accident, is the players history checked to see if he/she has any other incidents. In other words is the players history taken into account ?

I know its Alpha and a lot needs to be worked out but that's why I'm asking these questions.  Thanks for any replies.

QuickSix

1. If an admin has banned you via game then once they've came off the game they will go through all the bans they've made and add evidence. If there is no evidence of the incident then you can send an email following this topic. 

From there a Community Manager+ will take a look into your incident and hopefully resolve the issue whether evidence has been added or your ban has been removed.  This can also be used for different reasons as well. If you think a staff member hasn't done their job correctly or even if you think your ban was unfair it can be solved from here. 

2. Admins will review the given demo on the ban and will be the judge of what rules were broken. If they've seen any rules broken then they will give out a punishment to the person who they see fit. 

3. Regarding In game situations only admin+ can ban. With Forum situations the Forum Moderators have powers to deal with it. You can find staff here. 

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/staff/

Now that a ban was given I would suggest taking a look at this section of the forum

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/115-in-game-rules/

44 minutes ago, Smalley - Truckers.FM said:

1. If an admin has banned you via game then once they've came off the game they will go through all the bans they've made and add evidence

Depends on the admin, some add it once they banned you, others add it after session, again others add it upon request

45 minutes ago, Smalley - Truckers.FM said:

If there is no evidence of the incident then you can send an email following this topic. 

First create an appeal to see if the case (ban) gets resolved or not. There is not point in writing a complaint Email if you did not create a ban appeal first, exception from this case is if the ban already expired. If it can't be resolved, write an email. If you just want to see the evidence, even if the ban expired, you may contact the admin(s) and ask them if they can give you the evidence, this is easier and shorter than writing an EMail to the feedback adress.

Note: Some admins actually do this, others not, so it's pretty much depending on the admin.

Also note that there are evidence storage periods, these are actual periods for evidence to be available, same periods as for the evidence you file in the reporting system (time + 1 month), so admins might have evidence or long (active) bans while they might not have the evidence of a short ban from 1 year ago anymore

Every ban has a reason, so you can read what you / your wife was banned for. If you have questions, ask an admin or other staff and they can try to explain it.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Thanks all for the replies, it was a game admin that banned her so we will be mesg a community manager as we feel she was unfairly banned.

We would love to see the evidence as we feel there is none.

Thanks again.

QuickSix

1.The administrator will supply evidence next to the ban if that link isnt working then thats weird as evidence must be avalible for at least 1 month.

2.admins will review the footage and decide wether punishment is to be handed out or not.

3.admins and above can ban as stated make a appeal wait for the administrator to review it but there should be evidence so contact a staff member if he doesnt add it in the appeal

Hello there,

I'm guessing your wife's banned profile is this one https://truckersmp.com/user/1585023 you will find the evidence there as well.

In general ban appeals can be done here https://truckersmp.com/appeals

The ban expires tomorrow. If you feel it was an unfair ban you can always send an email to [email protected]

For more information you can read the below post.

I will close this topic since there is no need for further discussion. Thank you for your time making this topic. For any other matter or problem you have about that specific ban please contact the upper staff. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
PrototypeGR

Moved to archive

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Archived