Banning system

stubbo

A fitting title: Community Banning System

A description of what the suggestion is about :

Community Banning System

I have notice recently that the new report system is basically useless due to the majority of them timing out and when making reports on the website it takes an extremely long time for an admin to claim the report. This is where i thought why not change the websites system...

How should it work

Spoiler

So the current way of making reports on the website will stay the same, however when the report has been made it will be sent to a couple (about 4) eligible signed up players. The players will all watch the clip and review other evidence that has been uploaded like an admin normally would do. At the end of reviewing the players investigating will submit a verdict and also write a basic optional summery.

If 2 players say that they have not broken a rule and the other 2 say that they have then it will be sent to one more player that will decide.

What will stop people abusing the system?

Spoiler

There will be a player reputation system. This system will score players when they complete a report, if the majority agree with you then you will gain a positive reputation. If the majority disagree with you then you will lose reputation.

If a player gets a negative reputation then the player will no longer be able to use the system!

What happens if someone is banned and did not break a rule?

Spoiler

If someone gets banned for something that they did not do then they can makes ban appeal. Ban appeals will only be able to be done by admins.

An admin will then review all the evidence that there is and submit a verdict. If they agree that the ban was invalid then the players that got them banned will lose reputation and the ban will be removed.

What makes a player eligible?

• They are not the person being reported.
  • Has a min of 100Hrs in ets2/ATS.
  • They are not the person issuing the report.
  • They have to be enrolled on the Banning system program.
  • They have a positive or neutral reputation.

Any eventual example images or similar: NONE

A reason why it should be added/removed/change: It should be added as it means that there is a shorter wait time for players to get banned through the website as the admins don't seem to be coping with the current system that is in place.

Edited by stubbo
  • Upvote 4

Hello @stubbo,

I have to inform you that your suggestion will most likely be declined because you do not use the mandatory format which has to be followed:

• A fitting title.
  • A description of what the suggestion is about.
  • A reason why it should be added/removed/changed.
  • Any eventual example images or similar.

If possible, change that by editing your topic or add the necessary content in another reply.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Anriandor
TruckersMP Moderator

This will most likely be denied anyways due to the fact that it's giving people power which could be abused in a way. Like you said, A reputation system should be in place for it. What if the suspect did nothing wrong and a group of friends up voted it. He would of been banned for no reason. This is why I would rather rely on staff members issuing bans.

• Upvote 1

Hey @stubbo,

it is indeed much better now. Thank you for your effort to change it.

Now to your suggestion - I think this kind of issuing bans is quite similar to the system used in CS:GO to find out if somebody cheated or not. Basically, players will get rewarded by judging situations properly and they get penalties for not doing so.

Unfortunately, I do not see the necessity to judge a situation properly as I would "just" loose reputation which does not give me anything. Also, you cannot prevent possible abuse when people are merely losing some reputation which they can quickly compensate by judging some other reports properly.

Concludingly, it is a good idea, however, to do this will be very hard and requires very much development, so its priority is currently very low.

Hopefully, you can understand this.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Moderator

31 minutes ago, Smalley - Truckers.FM said:

I think i should have said in the post a bit better but the players voting to ban the player wont pick the report it will be assigned to them.

i can also understand your concerns but the i am thinking that players will have to sign up to use the system so admins get a say in who is allowed to use it as well

29 minutes ago, Anriandor said:

Yes my idea is like CS:GO overwatch

• Upvote 1

Hi @stubbo

I think this is an excellent idea and i think it should definately be implemented in to the Truckersmp Infrastructure

It will ease work load of the admins and i think the system should be modified slightly so that when a report is assigned to you if you dont process that report then it will be assigned to someone else within a few hours.

For example if i had a report assigned to me and i was on holiday and 24 hours passed and i hadn't given my opinion it would automatically reassign the report to another player enrolled on the system.

• Upvote 1

+1 from me... Its a great idea but it will never happen unfortunately.... But if it ever did happen then I doubt a few players would care about rep so getting negative rep wouldn't effect them however if it was a ban for abusing your position then that would be better but its a very small chance we would ever see a system like that come into place

Brilliant Idea, Out of the number of reports I've placed only three of them have been dealt with and they were all breaking the rules with evidence via youtube videos, Im more than sure this isnt just the case for me either. Makes me wish this system was in place already.

The reports i have made before that have been completed took about 6 days and they was done last year.

The reports seem to take longer now than they did this time last year as i have 1 report that i am still waiting for a admin to claim and i made it on the 17th Jul...

This time to me does not seem acceptable because it means that there is people driving around destroying the game for others...

@RJLakey thanks for the support!

9 hours ago, RJLakey said:

Brilliant Idea, Out of the number of reports I've placed only three of them have been dealt with and they were all breaking the rules with evidence via youtube videos, Im more than sure this isnt just the case for me either. Makes me wish this system was in place already.

@Joao Rodrigues The point in this idea is that the admins dont need to ban players but the community will...

So when a report is made instead of it being sent to the admins it will get sent to 4 random players and they decide if they are guilty.

The only need for an admin in this system is when a ban appeal is made.

6 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

It must always be possible to file an appeal, no matter how many jurors find somebody guilty.

As the appeal has to checked by an admin, I do not see the big relief of work for them and consequently no faster processing of reports.

Hello friend,

+1 Great idea. I too agree with having 3 or 5 for votes and that the participants can't view who is chosen for that particular case and that they can't view what votes were given so far. 

No worries for your web report, I'm sure the admin team has their personal reasons.. my reports too have been sitting unclaimed since 11th July :) 

As I report regularly myself, it seems like they wait until a number of people report the same perpetrator before he/she is prioritized to receive the ban hammer (I'm just guessing from the pattern I see).

But nonetheless, no complaints from me so far. That way, at least the admin team can then give a longer duration based on the perpetrator's action(s).. or an accumulative ban depending on how severe his/her case is.

Have a good one and as always, happy trucking~

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

+1 though instead of letting approved players ban the offender, instead i think they should check if reports are false reports and good reports. good reports should be kept for an admin to check and bad reports would be rejected. This will ensure the right people get what they deserve and ease the load on the admins so they don't have to deal with every report for a minor bump, wrong ID or other things that would be rejected. Also, they can check evidence if it's too long, they can post exact time for admins to see, then the report won't have to be rejected. And I would suggest only 3 people is enough for 1 report.

Edited by coolbub123
added some stuff

well because the reports will be assigned randomly across all the users signed up to the system then then the chances are that it will not just be people from the same VTC.

17 minutes ago, FirestarteR93 said:

Q :What about VTCs - what if they gang up and start approving bans just cuz they don't like the reported person or want to troll them?

@coolbub123 The problem is that the offender's name will be in the evidence if it is video...

Thanks for the thought tho

3 minutes ago, coolbub123 said:

make the reports given to a player by random (choice of 1 in each category) don't include the offender's name but just what they were reported for (ramming, trolling etc.).

• Upvote 1

Letting the community ban people is a very bad idea as the power of "banning" comes with responsibility. It might look easy, but it's not. The way you need to handle bans and appeals require you to have focus and maturity. This is something very sensitive, and this power will not be given to those that can't handle it.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.