Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Manual server connection

.StεvƐ.

Suggestion Name: manual server connection

Suggestion Description: Instead of being connected to a server automatically after being in the queue, you will be made to either press a key or type an access code to join the server once out of the queue.

Any example images: no.

Why should it be added? As we all know, people always complain about those who spawn on the roads and cause accidents, and so come up with extreme ideas to "solve" the issue. 

With my idea, the player is in control of when they join the server, so they are responsible for making sure their vehicle is clear of traffic and safebefore joining the server.

This means, new rules can be added to govern spawning meaning that people can be more likely to be punished for spawning on the roadway as they have to make the conscious decision when it's safe to join the server in terms of vehicle position, meaning people can't play the "it was an accident" or "I didn't realise where I was going to spawn" excuses. 

All un all, this would combine giving control to the player, avoiding the need to enter single player to move in case of spawn position and quick server join, and allows for clear and consistent differences between what's right and wrong when it comes to spawning on the roads.

this can also be implemented when using auto saves when reloading after an accident, meaning you are temporarily disconnected from the server or ghosted until you move off the road and manually enter the server, again meaning people can get clear of the road and avoid being punished for spawning on the roads.

As always, I'm open to discussion, constructive criticism and tweaks to the idea so let me know what you fellow truckers and car drivers think. 

• Upvote 6

I support this idea.

Recently I have reported a lot of people for spawning in the middle of the road, which is forbidden.

With your idea, we can make sure that the person that spawned in the road is trolling.

Nice idea!

For those that don't know what we are saying here is an example of a troll spawn. (min 00:35)

I give you +1 for your Suggestion but -1 for your justification.

10 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Why should it be added? As we all know, people always complain about those who spawn on the roads and cause accidents, and so come up with extreme ideas to "solve" the issue. 

You should know that most of the People spawning on the road are already on the Server. For example, if you want to remove the damage of your Trailer and load your last save game. 

It can be a useful tool but it will not avoid peoplle spawning on the road.

23 minutes ago, DrEGZo said:

You should know that most of the People spawning on the road are already on the Server. For example, if you want to remove the damage of your Trailer and load your last save game. 

on the "external contracts" you cant load last save, because the damage is still there!

and to load a last save, you have to go in SP mode, otherwise you will spawn in a middle of the road, 

or you can save game on places were's no traffic!

^ and the CD road should be a spawning blacklist; ie you can't connect if you're on that road until you move off it

12 hours ago, DrEGZo said:

I give you +1 for your Suggestion but -1 for your justification.

It can be a useful tool but it will not avoid peoplle spawning on the road.

That's what I said at the end of my post, that those spawning from save games that have not crashed/disconnected, they are temporarily disconnected from the server until either specifications on position are correct or they feel it's safe to connect, it works for all connections to the server, whether autosave loads after an incident, Game crash or server disconnect due to other issues such as ping. 

11 hours ago, FirestarteR93 said:

Can I add pls: You should be able to connect e.g. only when you enable the triggers at hotels/garages/services (AKA you won't be able to connect if you are in the middle of the road)

Yeah I was thinking that, but if you're in a middle of a long drive and either get disconnected, have the game crash or get trolled and want to reload a autosave, then it's sometimes difficult and time consuming to get to a garage or services or hotel, I've had it happen to me before and it sucks having to do so. 

Its why I've been toying with the idea of adding a system where you cannot connect manually unless requirements are met such as being in a NCZ area or having your vehicle 100% off the road out of traffic and completely stationary , that way it saves everyone from having to drive from where their auto save is to a NCZ because of something out of their hands, it's a bit much. But that way then rules can be added and enforced on safe rejoin to traffic flow and such issues because even now, people disregard everything about common sense when pulling into traffic flow. 

11 hours ago, oolala11 said:

^ and the CD road should be a spawning blacklist; ie you can't connect if you're on that road until you move off it

I agree, certain roads and areas should be a no spawn zone (unless in a NCZ), such as Rotterdam, A,sterdam, Paris, Calais, Duisburg, Brussels etc, because at least then it'll thin out traffic more and stop road spawns in and around these busy areas and roads because really, punishing people just doesn't make a difference, so if you can't beat them conventionally, you make it impossible for it to occur.

• 9 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.