speed limit

mr_ozzy23

Hi @mr_ozzy23 There are such restrictions on the Europa 1 server already.As you said, if there are such restrictions on every server, the game will not be realistic.

This is a game, as others have said people like to have fun. Being forced to drive at 90km/h is not fun especially considering where I live trucks on the highway can go max 110km/h. If you feel like players are driving too fast for your liking then move to EU #1, that server is speed limited. Otherwise players will drive as fast as they wish, myself I go max 120km/h. 

^ The EU has completely different speed regulations for HGVs. They have a much bigger stopping distance than a car, hence the reason why they're limited to 56 mph.

Anyone saying that the game is unrealistic by having speed limits are wallies. They're most likely the ones that love speeding everywhere. Last I checked, Euro Truck Simulator 2 was a simulation game based on how a real life truck driver would drive within the confines of EU rules and regulations.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

Yes, I have seen the size of american trucks and to allow them to travel at such high speeds, with heavy loads is just stupid. It makes the stopping distance even greater because the drivers reaction time will be much lower.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

Why? If you don't like people speeding then use EU1 which is speed limited or go to EU4 that is non collisions. Loads of people me included like to speed, why should we all have to put up with speed limited servers when there is already that option for those that want a speed limited server. This won't happen, TMP caters to everyone and has done it pretty well with a decent selection of servers to choose from depending on what you want. 

Yes I am one of those people that will speed up to 100mph with a 0t trailer but I'm used to it and I know how to control the truck and car at speed and when to slow down and there are plenty more like me that can control lit too. Not everyone that speeds is reckless and cannot control it. There will always be crashes, caused by people trolling or something suddenly happening infront of you and you can't stop in time etc there will also always be trolls. All these problems would still exist if all servers where speed limited (would just be at slower speeds) and an awful lot of people would be pretty angry (me included) if all servers where speed limited.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

14 hours ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

Yes I am one of those people that will speed up to 100mph with a 0t trailer but I'm used to it and I know how to control the truck and car at speed and when to slow down and there are plenty more like me that can control lit too

I am glad to read that there skilled drivers like you that know how to handle their vehicle at high speeds.

14 hours ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

There will always be crashes, caused by people trolling or something suddenly happening infront of you and you can't stop in time etc there will also always be trolls.

However, and without a moralizing undertone, I would like to point out again that

• Accidents do not happen, they are caused.
  • Speeding increases the risk of an accident.

Drive safely!

On 21/7/2017 at 7:51 PM, Nors said:

You may not be in the area you live in,there are truck races in real life where they can reach very high speed.

Truck races are run in closed to traffic tracks, not on highways or rural roads. 

16 hours ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

something suddenly happening infront of you and you can't stop in time

Of course you can't if you're driving 160 Km/h. Try doing 90 Km/h max and you will be able to stop or swerve safely to avoid crashing.

ON TOPIC: There will be no changes like this one since there is already EU#1, with 60 Km/h max inside cities, 110 Km/h max outside cities. If you feel that the server is mostly empty, you'll have to bear with it. It's the "always-useful-answer" when someone talks about speeders, cars, reckless drivers, etc. Try it, last time I drove in that server it was a lot nicer than EU#2 or any others, No people driving like missiles, much more respectful players and no idiots racing in cars. It can be a little boring at certain hours of the day, with very few people connected, but you can always drive in Central Europe, Northern France - Germany - Netherlands, it's where you will most likely find other players.

On 21.07.2017 at 8:43 PM, mr_ozzy23 said:

i think that speed limiters can avoid alot of crashes in ets mp

many players drive at 160km/h and with cars 200km/h but why.

at that speed they cant stay between the line's and crash 

best option would be all servers limiter of 90km/h for trucks and 120-130 km/h for cars

What a simple thought.

Archived