SERVER WITH NO RULES

On 22/07/2017 at 3:50 AM, GKilat said:

^

To be honest, a no rule server can serve as a honeypot for trolls so they stay there with other trolls on that server while the normal players play on the normal server, troll free. Why would trolls go back to normal server and get banned when they can enjoy trolling other trolls all they want and not get banned? Beside, there is a chance that trolls might feel what other players feel if they are on the receiving end of the trolling and reform.

Hardened trolls will never change no matter how many bans they get like weeds that keep growing back. However, luring all of them to a server so they stay away from the normal players might just be the solution with the trolling problems.

A server with normal gameplay but has no rules is how you lure trolls in because they get enjoyment in ramming/blocking people so a no collision server won't do the trick.

But the issue is, trolls want to have actual good players who don't troll on the server so they can mess with them, if you add a no rules server, the only people interested would be trolls and a very very small number of ordinary drivers, so trolls would happily stay on normal servers so they have more people to troll, it's all about the numbers, if a troll can enjoy themselves ramming innocent people on normal servers and then get offered to join a server where only othertrolls would be, then chances are they'll just ignore it and stick to the normal servers.

On 22/07/2017 at 6:01 AM, PANAS1983 said:

Guys.  sometimes to be honest ramming is very fun 

people making movies about this multiplayer mod with millions views

watch this please 

2 hours ago, PANAS1983 said:

What kind of reaction are you talking about?

The only reaction to trolls could be is report and transfer to station, what else? are you crying in micro when someone trolled you? or what?

you dont understand the main idea - PEOPLE WANT TO HAVE FUN IN THIS MOD!!  GIVE THEM THAT !! BUT ONLY ON ONE SERVER! ON OTHER SERVERS ADMINS ARE BANNING FOR FUN TROLL RAM GHOST DRIVING  etc

and nocolision server is dead as you can see in stats

To be honest MOST players sign up to TMP to play the game as either a Full on Simulator or as a stress reliever that lets them play with friends and enjoy trucking, it's the people who ram, troll and act like juvenile delinquents that spoil it and the only way to banish them is to report and ban them.

giving a troll a server that has no rules is like giving a bully your years lunch money before they even ask, they don't get the satisfaction of hurting and upset people, it won't change a thing. And that's exactly what a no rules server will do, the only people who'll use it are trolls, mostly to just test new tactics to upset people, that's all their priority is, to hurt and annoy people. 

Also so as a footnote, I would watch what you're saying because people may misunderstand what you're saying, especially when saying things like "ramming is fun", which people can perceive that you ram people and so therefore can report you. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

To be honest MOST players sign up to TMP to play the game as either a Full on Simulator or as a stress reliever that lets them play with friends and enjoy trucking 

I totaly agree, I purchased this game couple weeks ago and only for MP, my first day was very serious i have stopped on red light watched my speed and tryed not to crash in someone but then I realize that i can`t deliever any  cargo without damage been done by some IDIOT who just ramming me with no reason, you telling me that this is a truck driving simulator? nope! its IDIOT driving simulator

watch this 

this is what I get almost every ten minutes

and this 

its impossible to play this game seriously 

6 hours ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Why does a troll keeping buying copies of ETS 2 / ATS just to get banned again? Simple answer, they like the satisfaction they get when players react to their trolling and money is no object to them. All they do is wait for an amazing sale and buy 10-20 copies of the game for dirt cheap, make 10-20 steam accounts for each game then all of a sudden they have 60-120 bans if players don't catch on. Even then, I reported a player who I proved to have 4 accounts and all that happened was all 4 accounts got banned for a month instead of the accounts getting perm banned.

Also 10 years ago, when I was younger, I used to be a troll on a different game, I know how the troll mind works. Go around bugging other players and try to get them to react, when they react you know that you're pissing them off and you keep doing it. When the player in questions leaves you go find another victim... rinse and repeat. If you happen to troll another troll then you just keep doing the exact same thing back to each other and then it becomes boring because neither player gives a decent reaction. Within 5-10ish minutes both trolls part ways and go find a non-troll or team up and find a non-troll together. A "troll server" isn't going to do anything. 

As I have said, trolls aren't immune to raging as well and trolls enjoy chaos of their actions. I also know because I did some light trolling in my younger days on other games as well which is why I know that trolls would love a server where they can do all of those trolling without punishments. Sometimes you troll just because you can without any good reason. I know I trolled people back then because I am bored and want to do crazy stuff.

But the issue is, trolls want to have actual good players who don't troll on the server so they can mess with them, if you add a no rules server, the only people interested would be trolls and a very very small number of ordinary drivers, so trolls would happily stay on normal servers so they have more people to troll, it's all about the numbers, if a troll can enjoy themselves ramming innocent people on normal servers and then get offered to join a server where only othertrolls would be, then chances are they'll just ignore it and stick to the normal servers.

Wouldn't that make the server troll free then? If normal people starts migrating to it because trolls aren't interested on that server, doesn't that mean the troll problem have been solved? Anyway, all of these are assumptions that trolls are immune to raging when trolled and trolls being picky on who to troll. We won't know until the devs set up a no rule server even for just a month and see how it goes. All the devs have to do is convert one of the less populated server to a no rules server and announce it to the main ones and see how it goes.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, PANAS1983 said:

I totaly agree, I purchased this game couple weeks ago and only for MP, my first day was very serious i have stopped on red light watched my speed and tryed not to crash in someone but then I realize that i can`t deliever any  cargo without damage been done by some IDIOT who just ramming me with no reason, you telling me that this is a truck driving simulator? nope! its IDIOT driving simulator

watch this 

this is what I get almost every ten minutes

and this 

its impossible to play this game seriously 

Well you must be extremely unfortunate because I've played ETS2 Since just after its release and played MP since late 2014 and I'd say about 80%+ of my jobs go with little to no damage at all, it's just all about luck and how much attention you pay, same as the real world.

But adding servers with no rules is only going to go one of two ways, either the server will be a waste of money or will be used by trolls to hone their skills to take yo normal servers and target innocent people. 

Honestly, bad driving is just a part of life, some people can be real idiots even in real life. But at the end of the day, this is just a game, so what if you lose a load because a troll, you just pick up another run and carry on trucking. 

And believe me, trolling has never been as bad as it was when we had Europoort and Rotterdam tail backs that would last hours real time because of a troll or a wreck or something.

plus, don't believe all that you see in YT videos because some people do edit out them provoking people into doing things or think that the way they drive is the best and everyone else drives like an idiot, when reality is, its the reverse.

• Upvote 1

^

Trolling isn't some skill that people practice. It's the product of boredom and impulses that disregards negative consequence of their actions to others to entertain themselves. It seems to me people has misconceptions of trolls as an organized group who only targets non trolls and have ultimate motives in their actions. Believe me, most trolls are just people randomly doing stuff out of boredom and will troll other trolls if they are provoked.

It won't be a waste of money if the devs will convert an existing barely populated server as a no rule server and test it out for at least a month and make sure to announce it to the main server so that everyone knows about it including the trolls and see if the normal servers are cleared of trolls or at least lessened.

• Upvote 1

There are two sides to this suggestion:

1 - The OP wants to have a server in which everyone (he included) can behave like a troll without being punished.

2 - The OP wants a server to lure trolls so they don't ruin other player's games in the "normal" servers.

Side #1, no way. You want to troll, do it in the current servers and face the consequences, there's no point in opening a new server to encourage that kind of behaviour.

Side #2, play in EU#1. With cars not allowed and the speed limiter the chance to find trolls is almost zero.

^

No collision is not interactive enough for trolls who gets their fun ramming or blocking people. I don't troll but the troll in me finds smashing trucks fun and no collision denies that. I will admit I enjoy watching videos of MP trolling and accidents because I find trucks ramming on one another as fun. As implied by Fernando, EU1 barely has any trolls because of how restricted it is. By that logic, having a no rule server would mean EU2 will feel restricted for trolls and will move over to give them freedom to do whatever they want without punishment and lessening trolls present in EU2.

Give it a try for at least a month by converting EU4 for no rule server and see what happens. The payoff for the community will be massive if it turns out trolls segregated themselves willingly to the no rule server and the devs can just switch back to the no collision server if it didn't change anything.

^

But who loses if trolls ending up trolling other trolls? What isn't fair is trolls mingling with normal players and bans not stopping it because they can just buy new accounts. Having a separate server means trolls aren't recycled to the normal servers but contained away from other players because they are allowed to play on a server where they can troll without the restriction from the main servers. As I have explained, a NC server barely does anything because trolls gets the fun from smashing trucks and see physics making trucks fly.

19 hours ago, GKilat said:

^

Trolling isn't some skill that people practice. It's the product of boredom and impulses that disregards negative consequence of their actions to others to entertain themselves. It seems to me people has misconceptions of trolls as an organized group who only targets non trolls and have ultimate motives in their actions. Believe me, most trolls are just people randomly doing stuff out of boredom and will troll other trolls if they are provoked.

It won't be a waste of money if the devs will convert an existing barely populated server as a no rule server and test it out for at least a month and make sure to announce it to the main server so that everyone knows about it including the trolls and see if the normal servers are cleared of trolls or at least lessened.

So you mean to say trolls who strategically block while driving, ram and lane split never practice doing so to stop themselves from make a mistake? I highly doubt that. 

But the point is, trolls go where the numbers are and if normal, sane drivers aren't enticed by having no rules and regulations, then trolls aren't going to leave the normal serverswhere the numbers are, if everyone on EU2 switched to the no rules server, then all the trolls would follow suite, so in all, it would be a waste because the server they convert might go from a few hundred people to maybe 10 or 20 and for a server that might cost that per hour to run, it's not cost effective.

Also, if trolls are not "organise" why are their sum VTC names that are always seen next to someone who trolls? Coincidence? Ripoff? Or are there VTCs out there made just for trolls to jointl do just that, troll.

5 hours ago, GKilat said:

^

But who loses if trolls ending up trolling other trolls? What isn't fair is trolls mingling with normal players and bans not stopping it because they can just buy new accounts. Having a separate server means trolls aren't recycled to the normal servers but contained away from other players because they are allowed to play on a server where they can troll without the restriction from the main servers. As I have explained, a NC server barely does anything because trolls gets the fun from smashing trucks and see physics making trucks fly.

But how is putting all trolls over to a no rules server going to save the normal servers? They'll get bored of ramming other trolls, prolly pickup some new tricks on the way and then come back to normal servers to carry on trolling normal drivers, NC servers and No Rule Servers essentially do the same thing, they take away the trolls fun, the buzz they get from getting away with breaking the rules and upsetting people in the process, so both server types will cut off that part of the trolls happiness by taking away the danger and the ability to ram innocent people (because most drivers want rules to play with).

^

Even a kid can block and ram people with a truck. Advanced trolling may take practice but simple trolling is brain dead easy and most people troll just because they feel like it.

There are enough trolls for them to feed on each other on a server. The point is it will lessen trolls on main server because some can't be bothered to get banned when they want to troll out of boredom. Buying a new account is an extra step for that and not particularly fun on their side especially casual trolls. As I have suggested, the devs can simply convert the current NC server for a month and see how it goes. There are no additional cost in trying a no rule server and see what happens.

There are organized trolls but majority are just random people who troll for their own enjoyment. Even organized trolls will troll other non affiliated trolls. They have no code of honor that says spare fellow trolls and only target innocents so the fact is there are enough trolls for them to feed on each other in a no rule server. Again, you seem to assume trolls are immune to rage which they aren't. NC servers don't do the same because trolls don't get to see people being smashed around when rammed and trolls don't have fun with an essentially single player server. That's why you still have trolls on main server to see chaos of ramming and blocking people.

I don't see why people keep resisting a month trial of no rule server using EU4 when it doesn't add to server expenses and the benefit of a successful honeypot server is a huge benefit to the community. 

• Upvote 1

Please keep the conversation on at least slightly constructive level. Telling someone who has a suggestion to go play *insert game name here* instead isn't considered constructive.

Also keep in mind that criticism is expected in a public discussion and replies towards it should be kept objective and not taken to personal level.

Note: Few replies were removed from the topic.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
excepted -> expected
  • Upvote 2

Ready to go!

Saying 'ramming is fun' tells me you lack empathy.

The reason you find it fun is because it's funny to you to see others upset or 'suffering' for lack of a better term. 

Just as if you see someone trip and fall, you would laugh; if you were the person to fall, and others laughed at you, you'd be quite upset and wouldn't find any humor in it whatsoever.

Learn to respect others, there's no fun in ruining the game play of 50 players just for your own personal amusement. I especially have no respect for those who purposefully record themselves ramming others just to upload it for views (however it is worth noting that many times, these videos surface because someone fell victim to a rammer and submitted the video to a compilation.)

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

^

It's less of lack of empathy and more of knowing the mind of a troll by being one. I did occasionally troll in my younger days with the intent of seeing funny stuff and not because of wanting a negative reaction from the other players. You got to admit seeing trucks fly or flip in odd position when you ram them is funny to watch. A lot of people fall into this category but the most visible and memorable trolls are the few that actually gets satisfaction from griefing others and wanting them to react negatively.

Just to make it clear I never troll in TMP because I enjoy the immersion of driving with rules like in real life and I do respect other people. But I am very aware some people don't really care how others feel and think and this is why a no rules server should be considered because trolls aren't picky and will troll each other if it meant they get enjoyment from it and a server where they get to troll each other without repercussion is how you keep them from being recycled into the main server.

11 hours ago, GKilat said:

^

Even a kid can block and ram people with a truck. Advanced trolling may take practice but simple trolling is brain dead easy and most people troll just because they feel like it.

There are enough trolls for them to feed on each other on a server. The point is it will lessen trolls on main server because some can't be bothered to get banned when they want to troll out of boredom. Buying a new account is an extra step for that and not particularly fun on their side especially casual trolls. As I have suggested, the devs can simply convert the current NC server for a month and see how it goes. There are no additional cost in trying a no rule server and see what happens.

There are organized trolls but majority are just random people who troll for their own enjoyment. Even organized trolls will troll other non affiliated trolls. They have no code of honor that says spare fellow trolls and only target innocents so the fact is there are enough trolls for them to feed on each other in a no rule server. Again, you seem to assume trolls are immune to rage which they aren't. NC servers don't do the same because trolls don't get to see people being smashed around when rammed and trolls don't have fun with an essentially single player server. That's why you still have trolls on main server to see chaos of ramming and blocking people.

I don't see why people keep resisting a month trial of no rule server using EU4 when it doesn't add to server expenses and the benefit of a successful honeypot server is a huge benefit to the community. 

Maybe that's what I'm missing, I've never trolled because if I get bored in a game, I switch to something different to change things up. 

The point I'm trying to make is, trolls, for the most part, enjoy trolling other people who are trying to get on with their day, if you have a server with no rules, there's no appeal for the common player who just wants to play the game and enjoy what the game is all about, but, because people don't join the no rules server, trolls get bored faster than ever so migrate back to normal servers after a few days, so it's not really a fix, just an expensive to run breather for normal people.

at the end of the day, it's down to a matter of opinion, whether you've trolled in the past or been good and played properly, it's just down to opinions, from your point of view as a trollee, it's better for trolls to have a place to mess around without the risk of punishment, but for someone like me who hasn't trolled anyone before, a no rules server is just a temporary fix, it might work for a week or a month, but eventually trolls will get bored of trolling other trolls and so rejoin normal servers, it's never going to be a permenant fix.

honestly, there's more productive ways to get rid of trolls than just shipping them off to another server where they'll get bored and eventually come back to get their kicks, things like IP bans for those permenantly banned, online economy where you can't use edited or previously used profiles, that way if a troll hits you, it costs them actual money that they can't edit back in, or even if said server is added, any player who joins has to go through a religious test period before being allowed to rejoin normal servers and if you have previous records of trolling behaviour, you have a slim chance of being allowed back without supervision, that's more of a win win for all, if that were to be combined with it bans and other such things, then we could probably remove 99.9% of trolling on EU1 and 2 and all affiliated servers.

Also, admins aren't going to spend time coding, editing and running a server, whether repurposed or not, for something that hasn't got a guarantee and available evidence that it'll make a difference.

yeah NCZs servers aren't fun, but if they were made it a way that is beneficial for all from casual drivers to realism drivers, then sure, it's just finding the happy medium. 

^

You admitted yourself you never trolled which is why you don't really know why trolls do it. They don't care if you are a common people or another troll. The only thing that matters is they do stuff that will entertain them regardless of what the victims feel. Some do try to get people to react negatively but they aren't as common as casual trolls. The no rule servers will be populated with people who wants absolute freedom on how they do things which means most of those people will be trolls wanting to troll other trolls and lock themselves to a never ending counter trolling and entertaining themselves without innocents being caught in the crossfire. If they ever got bored, then it's boredom from the act of trolling itself and they will return to the main server without any desire to troll anyone and just play normally.

Bans are actually the temporary fix here because you do acknowledge that it is easy to buy new accounts and those trolls are recycled back to the normal population. However, a no rule server means those trolls actually have an alternative place to go where they are free to troll without being banned and sparing the greater population. Again, you assume how trolls think despite admitting you never were one. If you have never trolled before, you don't know the motivation of a troll and you can't speak for one.

Then why didn't the dev team implemented IP ban? They would have already done it from the start but then again you can argue trolls can still circumvent that. All of your suggestion actually requires more work and effort than literally setting up the same exact server we have right now and just declare "no rules". No special coding is necessary. You could argue this is actually reduced effort since you don't even need admins watching the server except for hacks.

I already addressed the server setting difficulty in my previous paragraph. It's as simple as opening a generic server and putting a label that says "no rules". Done.

NC servers barely has any players so they might as well test a NR server for a month and see how it pans out. Just add back the collision and label it NR. That's how simple it is to implement a NR server.

For this purpose, we have the fourth European server, even though not all of the rules have been removed. However, since your main purpose is to deliver cargo without being damaged, you can use that no collision server which will help a lot. Nevertheless, you should make sure to obey some rules such as insulting/profanity and some others that are not related to driving.

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.