Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

A Separate Administrative Team Solely To Handle Reports

Suggestion Name: A Seperate Administrative Team To Solely Handle Reports.

Suggestion Description: The addition of a new administrative team that solely handles reports. They are not given full IGA privileges in-game but only answer in-game reports. They are also responsible for website reports. Further, IGAs are stripped of their responsibility to handle these reports, leaving them to only patrol in-game and handle ban appeals. This will make both sides flow smoother with less load to shoulder on both parties.

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: The recent addition of player ghosting in TMP in-game reports, while interesting, has not been implemented well because the amount of in-game administrators we currently have is not nearly large enough to handle even a fraction of the reports in the timeframe allowed. After that short timeframe, the ghosting data disappears and players are forced to report on the website. Things have not gotten more efficient. The administrators have too much load on their shoulders and it shows. By adding a new admin team for reports, the IGAs are freed up to do their job (patrolling and answering appeals) without being nearly as rushed, which makes things more efficient. There will be a much bigger chance for in-game reports to be answered. Website reports will hopefully go through quicker.

And also, yes I have checked the search function and saw similar suggestions but none that exactly fit this, so please don't tell me to use the search function. Thank you.

-1, I don't think there needs to be a separation of these duties. There needs be more admins so that the admins can take their time to patrol etc as well as go through reports. In terms of website reports, I'd rather want long-proven admins to handle them, instead of newly appointed ones. It's important that this part is done correctly and with good (proven) judgement. 

Edited by Ryeng

This has been looked into previously, and we determined the side effects outweighed the positives. 

If you want to know my personal opinion of it, it's that we should be expanding the team as whole so we can be on more often both in-game AND web reports, not just one. 

A change like that won't happen overnight however.

• Upvote 3

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

This has been suggested multiple times and denied it is not necessary the staff we have currently are brilliant at what they do and they get there job done in order for this to work we would have to train more people and finding the correct people for these positions is not a click of a finger decision there are attributes and knowledge needed and not all applications have what is wanted/needed to occupy that position and do it with professionalism.

Hello friend, 

I +1 both your suggestion and Aragon's p.o and feel that either one or both should be implemented.

Reason being: 

My timezone - GMT+8. When I play and I report in-game, I find a pattern of IGAs not online due to their different timezones or too many in-game reports/other issues that the 1 or 2 IGAs online are attending to. 

Which redirects me to resorting to web-reports almost 99% which I don't mind/not complaining. Then comes the wait of the usual 2-3 weeks before it gets looked at.

Hence, I would enjoy a bigger admin team to handle both sides of reporting. And if that's hard to achieve then I would also enjoy your suggestion of splitting the admin team up to handle each side of reporting methods. That way, at least we can speed up ridding the roads of trolls/clowns who have no intention of playing the TMP client as intended, and especially those who know the rules and purposely break them just to create chaos or have fun in their perspective.

Have a good one and as always, happy trucking~

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.