Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Reports Auto uploaded to website

Suggestion Name: Reports from ETS2 and ATS uploaded to the website Automatically

Suggestion Description: Ok so there are complaints about the new report system and not everyone can be bothered to record and report on the website. So what I am suggesting is that any reports that are done in game are automatically uploaded directly to the website. 

How it could be done?: So you are now logging in with the forum details or website details correct? and in game there is the truckersmp ID for everyone. Well how this could work is when you report someone it sees your ID and the persons ID that you are reporting but it also gets the reason why you're reporting them. AND now that there is this 2 minute playback thing for admins it could possibly take that aswell. (somewhere to hold the videos might be a problem) using all this information it would upload it all online to the original reporters account. (much like adding it manually anyway). 

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: Well it could potentially save time and the complaining. Plus someone would have to have a look at it. Having a person look at it would mean that the people who are getting reported do actually get banned for however long and not just have a report being timed out because no admins or too little are online. (which in my opinion there are too little of for such a big community)

• Upvote 1

twitter.pngyoutube.png

Really interesting idea, if it could work out, it would assure that 100% of all submitted in-game reports would be looked at which is of course great.

However, that would also make the need for admin presence in-game much smaller, as all reports would then be relocated to the website. An admin could then technically not even have the game(s) at all, and just operate on the website. The interesting bit is that the whole concept of having admins in-game would have an alternative, which then brings up questions about wether it's actually needed for report claiming 'there' when you can do it 'here'.

Of course, there will always occur situations where action is needed right away (CB abuse, blocking, spam, etc.), so that's always a reason to have people in-game to deal with reports. And to add on your suggested function, it could make so that all dismissed in-game reports (non-claimed) will get uploaded to the web, instead of all the reports (if that was your intended thought). But still a really interesting topic which I think will bring up new discussable topics.

I like what you said. True that it could take admins away from game but they could have a team dedicated to just online reports. and the admins then only do their work in game itself. 

But then I also like the idea of only the unclaimed ones. Say a time limit of about 5 or 10 mins after reporting it then gets uploaded and removed from the reports ingame. 

twitter.pngyoutube.png

Well, if this worked, it would be a perfect thing. It's really hard to create every web report manually (cutting the video, uploading it, looking for the TMPID, and so on..)

But what about the evidence? The movements of ingame reports are recorded. But that's no video. It's a kind of file that I don't know (I'm no developer). Currently these evidences are deleted after 10 minutes, probably because it's not possible to save all evidences on the server forever.

So, the evidences of the web reports are currently stored in YouTube or Plays.tv or similar. But where to store the evidences if your suggestion would become reality? YouTube or Plays.tv? Not possible, the evidences are no videos. On the TMP Servers? Not possible, because there's not enough space. On the computer of the report's creator? Possible. But what if someone finds out how to edit the evidences? They can be faked...

Well, I dunno whether it's possible to make your suggestion becoming reality. But let's guess that my thoughts are wrong or I forgot something and it is possible. There would be another huge problem.

As already said, it would be much easier to create reports. And that's the problem. The amount of reports will increase by a multiple. For example, if someone rammed me and I got no damage. Actually, I would not create a web report because it's too much effort for something that did not damage me. But if it would be easier to report, I just would click two 5 times - done! 

And that's the reason why I prefer if it stays like it is.

^ As said above, I am not sure how these reports are stored and even if they are "stored" or are a local file and disappear after 10 minutes.  They would need to be uploaded which would take bandwith (dunno the word but uploading does affect things), considering there are so many reports.

However, if this could be implemented, it would be great as it would mean that people would not need to report, there would not be reports with false ids and the incident could clearly be seen.  It would also be useful if these "demo" files could be viewed as a demo so admins can see the incident at different angles on the web report.

+1 From me, plus the fact that we should have a team dedicated to online reports only. It is a fact, that this community has grown, (and it will keep growing). At some point the IGAs won't be able to take the reports. They are humans too, and dealing with multiple reports at the same time would be impossible. (If my memory is correct, the reports would last like 10 minutes, before being deleted, right?).

So, I support the idea that, instead of being deleted after some time, those recordings / reports, should be stored for a further treatment.  I've gotta say that a lot of people are having troubles finding a software which allows them to record their screens, therefore, as we all know, with no evidence, the reports are useless.

Regarding to the available options, I believe all these videos could be uploaded to YT? I believe the media team could assist in this matter.

Hi.

I took the liberty of designing a conceptual image of the web report system combined with the existing tool in the game.

This system would use the same data as the reports within the game, it would not take up so much bandwidth since it would not be a video, only data in text format that are applied through an API on the map, and would be available for the evidence in ban history.

It should be noted: The map (ETS2Map) used in concept image is not optimized for use in a reporting system because it is not accurate and does not have enough zoom but it is still something that can be solved.

Remember that this is just a concept from an idea.

v92F9hY.png

a8iwhQ4.png

This will not happend i Think due to it has been suggested before and rejected however i like the idea but the reports disappearing in 10 minutes is great because it reduces the amount of reports admins have at once and 70% of the time when a admin turns up to your report the person is not doing the offence

-1 from me. While I do agree with the positives of such a system, I kind of like that there are two distinct levels of reporting players. 

I think it's good to have a distinction between in-game reports and website reports due to technical challenges of uploading, and the simplicity of in-game reporting. When the admin team is increased (which I'm sure it will be eventually), and the in-game reports get refined a little more (allow to multi-report for more attention from online admins), then I think that the in-game reports generally will reduce the need to report on the website at all. In addition, I think that if ALL reports from in-game system were stored and sent to the website, then you would get such a ridiculous amount of reports in because of the simplicity of reporting today. Because it's so easy to report in-game, you get people reporting every minor thing that happens for whatever reason and many times I can assume that no action or kicks are the only viable options to some of the more unclear situations that happen anyway.

In the last couple of days, I have been using AMD's Relive to be ready to record any incident (2 min replay-function), but even using that one I have only posted 2 website reports out of 10-20 incidents. This is because most of them were slightly unclear and NOT 100% bannable. I think this is a thing that people should take into account when reporting. Yes, if someone runs wrong-way, but you ultimately get away with it unscathed, then you should give the other player the benefit of doubt and not report it (depending on circumstance). My thoughts here is that you should try to avoid reporting minor offences so that the bigger and more severe cases of trolling, ramming and blocking gets a higher priority on the website. This is also part of why I think that in-game reporting should be kept separate from website reporting (as two different levels of reporting incidents). When the admin team is increased, and more admins are online(in-game) at more frequent times, then the new report system can really start to shine and work as intended. At the same time, more serious truckers still have the option to record and post website reports on the more serious incidents that happen (after waiting for the in-game report to time-out, of course).

• Upvote 1

I think this is a bad idea.

-1 from my.
I do not think this should happen.

Any small thing that happens for any reason will be reported and may cause a spam.

I think by making a report on the website will not cause spam.
Most players will not make reports on the website, reason is: one considers it too much work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I do believe Clarkinator and another developer explained during their live stream/twitch about issues regarding this upload-to-the-web using with the new report system. I too personally would love for it to work that way if it can be done, but if I remembered correctly, it seems that it can't be done (I don't know the exact technical way of explaining it but I understood his answer towards the question revolving around your suggestion).

That said, I agree with you and would hope to see a bigger moderation team and in turn, a bigger admin team as I believe the way how the TMP community is growing, it deserves it.

Have a good one and as always, happy trucking~

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

the thing is you need to have evidence so it like it has no sense. If they could make in-game reports like on truckers mp site it would get sense but still imagine yourself driveing on crowded area, there will be many drivers just parking to report someone which is forbidden becausae parking in crowded areas is forbidden, AND somone sees the guys is parking so he needs to park too to report him for inappropriate parking. So it gets complicated.

Garrixon

I don't think any admins see any in-game reports outside of the game. Server Administrators? Sure, they might see them IF they're monitoring the logs.

In game reports are usually taken care of in the game by any of the admins currently online on the server. That might be why we will always see the

"No actions have been taken" messages a lot after filing a report. Either actions can't be taken unless there's any proof or it's just a petty issue or

perhaps, the report might have just been expired.

For small issues, actions can be taken easily and quickly. No worries about that. This is what the in game reporting system is for.

Big issues that requires evidences to be presented? They cannot be done at all inside the game. Not to mention the 10 minutes timer for each reports.

By the time they're watching a clip for a report, the others might have already expired. This is where the web reporting system comes in.

To me, if this is really what must be done to make the new system effective, then after 10 mins discard everything except the serious reports.

Such as, "ramming" or "blocking". Get the clip into another place in order to not to waste the server space, and push them to the web report system.

But then again, people can multi-select the reasons and abuse this thing.

For those people that can't be bothered to setup a recording software, then it is their loss and stop caring about reporting anything. You want

things to work out for you, you have to make the effort. If you're using Nvidia GPU and it supports Shadowplay, use it. It barely uses any resources

while the instant replay is recording.

Edited by acrox999

• 9 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.