[SCS Blog] Closing a part of California's Highway 1

SCS Blog

Dear American truckers. In your future travel plans, please keep in mind the temporary closure of the offshore section of  California's coastal Highway 1. As you already know from the IRL media, Big Sur landslide interrupted the iconic route.

We always strive to bring something new in our game updates. This time, at this particular spot, we will not give, but take. The next update will close the Highway 1 section. Its reopening in our American Truck Simulator will depend entirely on real world events. Fortunately, an alternate route is going to be available.

Landslide_001.jpg

Landslide_002.jpg
FbLvz-8qIwY

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

@Alex [ITA] you'll need this:

daf-xf-crawler-mod-ets2-offroad-12.jpg

It's a nice addition, not too related but made me remember the random wrecked-rolled trucks on the side of the road in old WoS series maps.

A little weekly update for weather and events on both game maps would be nice. Like rain on here, clouds on there, 2 lines blocked somewhere on freeway due to construction-accident etc.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. While I think it's nice with some events like this, they practically take away a great driving road, and as far as I could tell, there's no proper detour. Imo, it would be better if they could make it like a random event, rather than an actual update so we can't drive there until they fix it in real life. It's cool, but I wish it was done slightly different. 

• Guest locked this topic