Teleporting without NUMPAD

x_An0nym0us_x

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi, you have probably noticed that you can't change the keybindings for the freecam in ETS2s settings. However, you can change the bindings directly by modifying the controls file.

First of all, you need to locate the controls file. You're looking for "controls.sii" which is located in "/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles/[profile number]/". To make sure you're editing the correct config file, I'd recommend sorting the folders in "profilles" by last modified date.

Once you found the controls.sii file, it's time to open it  with a text editor (I'd personally recommend Notepad++ but you can use Windows native application for that as well.)

Now that you opened it, you have to search for 

dbgfwd (Debug camera - forward movement),

dbgback (Debug camera  - backwards movement),

dbgleft (Debug camera - left movement),

dbgright (Debug camera - right movement),

dbgup (Debug camera - upwards movement),

dbgdown (Debug camera - downwards movement),

Behind these strings, you can write the button you want to use for the freecam.

In my example, I use the WASDQE keys as I don't use my keyboard for steering anyways, but you can of course use different keys if you want.

I'll just paste my configuration here so you'll get an idea of how it has to look later.

config_lines[93]: "mix dbgfwd `keyboard.w?0`"
config_lines[94]: "mix dbgback `keyboard.s?0`"
config_lines[95]: "mix dbgleft `keyboard.a?0`"
config_lines[96]: "mix dbgright `keyboard.d?0`"
config_lines[97]: "mix dbgup `keyboard.q?0`"
config_lines[98]: "mix dbgdown `keyboard.e?0`"

I hope this kind of helped :)

Regards,

Spieker

edit: I'm not sure if you already knew that but to actually teleport, you must press the F9 key to spawn your truck at the camera position.

Please note that teleporting is automatically disabled in TruckersMP so you can only use that in singleplayer.

Edited by Spieker [GER]
added information