Ghost players ?

ZuLynx

I have seen random users with their engines off; just parked. I sat and as other drivers passed by this one user was parked at the Rotterdam repair for 3 hours straight, not moving, not typing anything in chat, or doing anything that would reset the AFK 10 minute timer. After about 5 hours real time, he was finally gone. Also found another user in the Europoort doing the same thing. It was almost as the server didn't despawn their truck when they logged off. Their ping was 0.0 and distance was 0.0. 

• 2 weeks later...

I alt tabbed out of the game for the night and forgot to shutdown my computer so it was still running the game in the background and some of my friends said my truck was there for hours with a 0.0 and 0ms status. Not really a bug; however it takes up slots; and the user doesn't get "AFK Kicked" until they return to the game. Thats why some trucks are like that way for hours.  ;)

I had this as well.

I passed a truck parked on one of the motorways and when I looked at the tab menu it said the same. 0 for both ping and distance.

I thought it was very strange. But then some 6-700 miles later, I saw the same user. Again parked on the side of a motorway, and again 0 for both ping and distance.

I think I was going from Budapest to Birmingham so it was a motorway journey more or less all the way.

I just can't understand how I pass a user who is parked up, then continue on my way (without stopping) to then find the same user. How could it be possible?

I know you can fast travel to your own garage, but both times was no where near a city?

• 2 weeks later...