Automatic In-game profanity moderator

Snotra

Tried searching, dident find a previous suggestion

Suggestion Name: Automatic In-game profanity moderator

Suggestion Description: An in game chat bot that kicks players using selected profanity words in the in game chat, The sentence produced will not be viewable by other players, only IGA's. Also on their profile, there would be a Offense meter, counting how many times you have been kicked for profanity.

Any example images: No sorry, Not sure how to represent this

Why should it be added?: To help protect all ages, take down on discriminating. All together make a more friendly environment for players.

I am not asking it to be very complicated, shape it however is the simplest for you. Atleast so players would't be fully able to start swearing against other players, i understand you can take a screenshot and report it later that is fine. But for my part the damage is already done and i would more want something to prevent it in the first place.

Regards, Fehirde 

For Fairgaming

• Upvote 2

signature.png

Yeah, why not? I think it's a good idea and could solve the problem.

But I think, there should be words you get kicked for and words you get banned for. 

However, I see to problems:

- some profanity words are no profanity words in other languages

- people could try to avoid this system by using * or using other words that sound the same way.

^

On the language part, my opinion in-game should be English only on the official part, i don't know how it is now. But you could include common language's swearing words from other languages.

Edited by Anriandor
Removed unnecessary quotation.

signature.png

I think a feature like that would fit the MP gameplay well. The community has a large diversity in people especially including age, so I'm positive to something like that. And since the new report system has recently arrived giving much easier access to people's chat history, an automatic system which removes profanity wouldn't have the big need of covering every single swear word, as the reporting would more easily take care of that.

And from my view, it would generally make the whole atmosphere of playing in MP more family friendly (as it's intended to be) and look more professional.

To be honest I think that this is a very good idea and that this would make the community more safe for all ages. Not only that admins have a break from banning people for these reasons its all automatic, HOWEVER there are thousands of combinations to bypass the system for example, gaps between letters, numbers and letters and more. However I still think that this is a good idea! :)

TruckersMP_Signature2.png?width=1442&hei

I think this will not be possible.
Like @DrEGZo already she, this must be done in all languages.
This will not be possible for the system.
People can try to avoid this system by using * or using other words that sound the same.
Thus you must all the words and characters infeed to correct this problem
Then you get another problem, that players can not  characters type.

Edited by Red-MaxMaster

@Red-MaxMaster Well, it would work for most languages exept russian and asian languages.

But it is a way to start and develop it along the way. I haven't seen anywhere else with moderation that don't allow the use or special signs, but if the bot is smart enough like humans they could put the pieces together and make out the word.

signature.png

Excellent idea. This should be implemented.

Plus one from me :)

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

• 2 weeks later...

This has been suggested previously. Please use the search function properly the next time you want to suggest something new. However, this is not possible due to the fact that there are too many languages and too many special characters which would need to be added manually to a filter, thus making it much more work than benefit. Also, keep in mind that you can always file a report either in-game or on the website if you see somebody abusing the in-game chat. When having an automatic kick system for any profanity, it could still be avoided by replacing some characters with others or writing another symbol in between.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.