P2P Connection

Suggestion Title: Allow P2P connections in the game

Suggestion Description: Multiplayer is very well developed and has a lot of good aspects, however, there are some things I just can't do. I think P2P (Peer-to-peer) connection would be helpful in the game

Why it should be added:

• It would allow people to use map mods, or other mods that are not allowed on official servers (A compatibility check would need to be implemented, as both would need the map mod/other mod)
  • It might improve connection for some (It wont have to load in 1500 trucks)
  • It allows for private servers, to play exclusively with friends
  • When official servers are down, you can still play with your friends
  • Allows you to set rules and break rules that aren't allowed on official servers
  • It has no need for a server (Potentially reducing latency on official servers, as there is less usage being taken up)

That is my personal opinion on why I would like to see P2P connections in the game. I would love to play Coast to Coast with my friend, and P2P is a potential way to do it, while adding much more functionality and simplicity.

Hey @nativedavid33.

Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay :D.

With regards to your suggestion, I disagree with it. This is due to the fact that TruckersMP was created with the intention to be an MMO, that's the way that it has always been and I doubt that it will change anytime soon.

Happy Trucking!

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

4 minutes ago, blueglass said:

Not many players we currently play are single players And everybody looks bad, I said chaos in that sense

I do understand that a lot of players are currently single players, but there is the 20% that do queue up with a friend, and wish to do things like use mods/not get trolled/be able to speed and things like that. This is meant for those players that will use it, I know I would. I do understans the concern with use between players though. A lot are solo.

Nice idea but I am not in favour for implementation as I feel private lobbies are not really necessary with regards to both games (and also with addition to TMP's original intentions).

Unlike GTA5 or other games, where you can have roleplays and do a whole lot of other stuff with a lot more content, this is just a simulator game and I don't see a need for this to happen yet or that having such a feature could possibly waste certain resources (although I'm not sure about this entirely).

Nonetheless, it's still a nice idea so you might want to try this suggestion on SCS forums instead and see what kind of responses/reactions you get from the SCS team themselves or the community there.

A poll is required for all suggestions there too, so at the same time, you can take that opportunity to see how many are in favour of such a feature and how many aren't. Goodluck.

Have a good one and as always, happy trucking~

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

It is a good idea but I'm in agreeance with @Mirrland here on this one. This mod was developed purely for MMO.

As mods have stated in the following thread, even private servers will be rejected, currently. I cannot see this changing for some time, if ever.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

• 9 months later...

Questions about that have been raised before, however, somebody would still need to be the host in that case. There are also some other difficulties which would make this not as simply realisable as you think. For now, there are no plans to add it.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.