Launches to blank screen

Kevin15673

Question

Whenever I launch the game using the multiplayer launcher, it will load a black screen, it will still play up the startup sounds, but then it goes into the profile selection page, i'm unable to move my cursor, it still plays the music and etc, and it also has a window popped up asking to use advanced SDK features. (I would take a screenshot, but it wont let me.) (thought i'd add this) When I launch regular ATS it works perfectly fine, its only multiplayer where it does this.

9 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, Splyz said:

Hey,

Have you tried alt + tab to do a windows back and after you get back into the game and the animation should show up back

Reguards, Splyz

Yeah, I have tried that multiple times, it doesn't do anything.

39 minutes ago, Kevin15673 said:

Yeah, I have tried that multiple times, it doesn't do anything.

In single, the same or not

If yes, uninstall and reinstall the game.

Or check the integrity of the ets2 files on steam to see if you do not miss a file

_1449EDBB1E693B7CAFA49E21CD28E74D7FE807E94F6CA7895.png.bb3e6ef06e45bdf4cd564dc7795e910f.png

Regarding your black screen issue, please follow the instructions below: 

1. Right click your desktop 
2. Go to Display Settings 
3. Select "Advanced Display Settings" (If needed - Make a note of the current resolution) 
4. Choose the resolution 1280 X 720
5. Launch ETS2.
6. If you can see video output go to the ETS2 settings and ensure the resolution is set to your default monitor settings (native resolution)
7. Exit ETS2
8. Now follow the same instructions to set your display resolution back to your original screen resolution via windows. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to your mouse not moving issue, please follow the instructions below:

> Go to documents/eurotrucksimulator2 and delete the config.cfg file. 

> Then go to documents/eurotrucksimulator2/profiles/profileID and delete the config + controls.sii files from there.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, EnLight said:

Regarding your black screen issue, please follow the instructions below: 

1. Right click your desktop 
2. Go to Display Settings 
3. Select "Advanced Display Settings" (If needed - Make a note of the current resolution) 
4. Choose the resolution 1280 X 720
5. Launch ETS2.
6. If you can see video output go to the ETS2 settings and ensure the resolution is set to your default monitor settings (native resolution)
7. Exit ETS2
8. Now follow the same instructions to set your display resolution back to your original screen resolution via windows. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to your mouse not moving issue, please follow the instructions below:

> Go to documents/eurotrucksimulator2 and delete the config.cfg file. 

> Then go to documents/eurotrucksimulator2/profiles/profileID and delete the config + controls.sii files from there.

The thing about the monitor settings, my monitor won't let me change the res, I have tried using windows, my GPU, etc, it just wont let me change it. But after finishing the other steps, and accidentally launching regular ATS a few times (because i'm an idiot) it did work, thanks for the help.