Automatized ban system - oooh yeee baby!!!

D-O-M

Suggestion Name: Automatized ban system

Suggestion Description: Adding automatized ban procedure on top of more factors of player's behaviour on a road

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?: Because troll factor is huge with some kids

I was about to suggest something like this, you might force everyone to scroll through rules in his language before he can register, or force him watching the video

But then I've realised what's the right path - making some kind of programme which gonna ban troll automatically for crashing into others  in certain fashion, certain number of times or for certain portion of time, and add some reputation to that, some numbered factor on what mischiefs has person done in past, which combined with previousely named factors would make ban happen faster or make it longer . If I want to drive normally and deliver.... I will go anywhere, I i want to get stuck in traffic and have some fun being part of traffic jam, but polite and responsible part of traffic jam for sure, i ll go west from Duisburg and when i do that on full server, every time someoe prevents me from achieving  by overtaking me and blocking me or crashing into standing trucks in a speed of ligth which sometimes even gonna make trucks glitched and fly even if you are tenth from the back.

Two days ago I've seen police car for a first time btw, on one of crossings behind Duisburg, maybe he achieved to do something for a short period of time, but that's not enough. I am getting sick of what's happening in the game. I would be banning these trollkids with no sense for fairplay for atleast 6 months, they gonna forget about the game and never come back or think about how they want to behave next time. There never will be enough admins to make the gaming as clean as possible.

I think the best would be writing some procedure as said already, so the server bans you for being a troll on top of combination of factors. Oh ye, and I am also getting crashed by people who are dumb or ignorant enough to not park next to the road for a "connecting to server" period of time and they spawn exactly in the point where you are just driving through at that moment.

You will never make it with people, you have to go AI.

Its nice that I am coming with Idea never of you got and you gonna praise me for it but first what you do is reminding me about format, so I am sorry for not keeping the format and edited the post, maybe we shall move it to ETS2MP part of suggestions category because i said word Duisburg in a text :troll: I am sorry, i am pissed off from these trolls who have no sense for how to behave in the game and first what I hear is keep the format lol.

• Upvote 1

Both posts relating to format have been hidden. If you have nothing to say about the suggestion itself, then you should not be posting here. The post has been edited to include the suggestion format, we thank the topic creator for that. 

@HamitCanKilic / 24] @DrEGZo please take note of this.

• Upvote 3

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Someone could accidentally rear-end some muliple times in a row and would get banned for it. That is not fair. That is like reporting a person for every little thing he/she does wrong. Also, a system like this is not that easy to make. Getting kicked if you have gotten the same report for a couple of times in a row for a short period of time, is a better system, but still, a group of trolls could report you while doing nothing wrong. The best system IMO is the report system in the game now. If a troll blocks or rams you, just report him. :)

24 minutes ago, JonathanGJM said:

Someone could accidentally rear-end some muliple times in a row and would get banned for it. That is not fair. That is like reporting a person for every little thing he/she does wrong. Also, a system like this is not that easy to make. Getting kicked if you have gotten the same report for a couple of times in a row for a short period of time, is a better system, but still, a group of trolls could report you while doing nothing wrong. The best system IMO is the report system in the game now. If a troll blocks or rams you, just report him. :)

Your logic is so Wong it couldnt be more wrong. I doubt you've read what I've posted, you are mixing report system with automatic ban system. If I were about to report every miscreant I wouldn't be even driving, because I would be reporting all the day. You talk about people who rear end someone accidentally - people shall watch the map every 5 seconds and expect a traffic jam or accident infront and go slower to be able to stop. Some kids, especially turkish ones can't do that because they are either ignorants or their IQ is too low. Again, youre mixing report system with what I am proposing, because plainly there would be no troll reports when it's automated.

I used to play GTA SA MP and I am used to forums being filled with blabepring chit chatters but hey, could you atleast focus on what youre reacting to and use the brain.

@D-O-M,

unfortunately, your description of how "some kind of programme" is gonna detect and ban users for trolling is rather vague.

Could you explain in more detail how you imagine that would work?

3 hours ago, D-O-M said:

Some kids, especially turkish ones can't do that because they are either ignorants or their IQ is too low.

It borders on racism to accuse someone of ignorance or a low IQ  because of his/ her nationality.

So much about being ignorant.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is not doable in sensible time frame. There are hundreds of corner cases you need to take care of, any kind of the automatic system will never be as fair as human admin with proper demo tools (which is already there).

Also one of the huge problems is network lag - player A says he crashed player B but player B did not record that due to lag, who to trust? Implement collision on server - no way too much HW usage and it's very probable it still will  not work well and cause a lot of "i did not even touched him" situations.

The only one way you can improve reports is to enable ghost mode for player the is being reported a lot of times and his client reported N collisions in some time frame.

I'm aganist this suggestion.

• Upvote 1

If this was anywhere near as easy as it may sound, we would have had it already. It isn't.

Also, police cars are no indication of the actual work done by admins, since they almost always use the developer camera when doing their duties in game. This means you won't even see it if they're nearby doing work.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.