Suggestion Name: Public Ban Appeals

Suggestion Description: Whenever you get a punishment/ban appealed, it should be posted above your ban on your profile as an update.

Example Images: N/A

Why it Should Be Added: Because all that shows is a ban on your record and it doesn't show how you may have proven it wrong. It might also make you look worse during "recruitment sessions" if those are even a thing. If bans are visible to the public, why wouldn't ban appeals be?

Hello @[LKW Tr.] Dman [LET],

I have to inform you that your suggestion will most likely be declined because you do not use the mandatory format which has to be followed:

• A fitting title.
  • A description of what the suggestion is about.
  • A reason why it should be added/removed/changed.
  • Any eventual example images or similar.

If possible, change that by editing your topic or add the necessary content in another reply.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Anriandor
TruckersMP Moderator

This sounds like an already existing system where incorrect bans are deleted and have a red circle on user's TruckersMP profile. If you are talking about the content of a ban appeal being made public, it can contain private information and it is only relevant to the person who was banned and the administrator who banned them.

It means that the ban expired over a year ago and it wouldn't count towards the "x offences within the past year" ban rule. I don't have access to your account information so I can't exactly tell you why the ban was deactivated when it seems to have been initially applied permanently. If you resolved it via a ban appeal and it was meant to be deleted (technology available now), you can try contacting upper staff via the email and they will look into it.

No, no and no. 

11 minutes ago, [LKW Tr.] Dman [LET] said:

If bans are visible to the public, why wouldn't ban appeals be?

In my opinion, even the bans should be visible for staff only cause it is a violation of the dignity. But back to topic.

I think it's good that at least the appeals are not public. There has to be a possibility to talk to an admin without overyone is watching, and actually the appeal system is the only way to do so. 

Just imagine (comparison!!!) you're at school and you did something wrong (doesn't matter what, there are enough rules you could break). Now imagine, the director is making an announce: "Pupil xyz has broken the rules" and tells the whole school what you have done. But that's not enough, now you go to the director and try to explain that it was just a joke and you would like to apologize and so on... but he is telling you: "If you want to apologize, do it in a way the whole school can listen. Ouch. That's embarassing.

It's a simple comparison with only one difference: if you make a public ban appeal, not only your school can read it. Everyone can. Do you really want that? I don't.

dot

@DrEGZo Yeah I get what you're saying, but if the whole school knew why I was punished (the ban), I would also want them to know why it was a false punishment (the ban appeal). I'm saying that the ban and the ban appeal should either be both public or both private. I'm not saying that every single content of the ban appeal should be public, since there is some personal info is on there, it should be everything besides the personal info (reason why it's being appealed & possibly the explanation made in the appeal).

@Sysgen I thought bans were public

There are two kinds of appeals, the ones where a players makes an appeal and the admin decides to lower the ban length, the ban is not removed and remains on your profile. 

The other is the player makes an appeal, the admin notices he banned the wrong player or misinterpreted the situation by reviewing his video. The ban is remove and replaced by @BANBYMISTAKE. 

In the first scenario, it remains public, in the second, only you and TruckersMP team can see it. 

• Upvote 1

@Sysgen Like I said, not every content of the ban appeal should be public due to the personal things that are said. I'm just requesting that the appeal reason, and any other non personal information is publicized. Or the ban and ban appeal could both be private. I just do not like how you can only see the ban and not the reason why it was appealed.

@the bored hermit Exactly, but there are only three choices: Have bans and appeals both public, both private, or the ban is public and the appeal is private

The last choice being the worst, but is what we have set currently.

• Upvote 1

@Sysgen You said that the appeal can either do nothing, lower the length of the ban, or completely disregard the ban and if the ban length is lowered, the ban is still public. I'm saying that if the ban length was lowered due to a ban appeal, the ban appeal should be publicized aswell

@gwait

5 minutes ago, gwait said:

do you have any other reasons on why making them both public would be better than the current system?

Yes, "Because all that shows is a ban on your record and it doesn't show how you may have proven it wrong. It might also make you look worse during "recruitment sessions" if those are even a thing. If bans are visible to the public, why wouldn't ban appeals be?"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.