Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Names at TruckersMP

Akoa

Suggestion Name: Names at TruckersMP

Suggestion Description: I think that russian or bulgarian characters shouldn't be allowed on TruckersMP as a name.

Any example images: No images required

Why should it be added?: Because is more difficult to find a player by his name if you are not russian or bulgarian

We cannot force people to have English names, when their name may not be English... TruckersMP is an International mod and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

The pinfo is much easier to remember and shorter than a player name. So IMO if you have time to get the player name, you have time to grab the pinfo of that player. Also I believe since the last update the TAB list keeps a record of players near you for a short amount of time so if they do TP away or leave the game their name and ID should still be in the TAB menu. 

If you don't have time to write on the chat maybe you have another issue that is to take the player info from pressing TAB. You have to make it a habit.. You don't have another choice.

That's not just a game! THAT'S LIFE BRO!

Hey @[LKW Tr.] Akoa.

As said by others, TruckersMP is, and will remain an international modification for users to download and play.

If you're struggling to find the users with these characters, I'd recommend using the /pinfo [ID] command. 

35 minutes ago, [LKW Tr.] Akoa said:

I don't have time to take the pinfo because they crash me and leave the game, so the only way is by the name that I recorded

This is not true, as you can only use the log files (located in the ETS2MP folder) to track the player.

You can also use the new 'history' function of which is present within the tab menu, there you can report users in-game and get their TruckersMP IDs.

Due to the above, I personally do not see the need to prohibit users from using these characters.

I hope that you respect and understand my point of view.

Happy Trucking!

Edited by Mirrland

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Players cannot be discriminated against because they do not know English.  This community is a global community which embraces others' cultures.  This also includes languages.  As long as they fit the rules, I do not see any problem in players using a name written in their native language.  The number next to the name is important and can be used as said above on /pinfo or on the spawning logs.  

-1 for the reasons said above. Also, the names I have seen in TMP aren't that hard to remember, even in other languages I do not know. Usually just glancing at it and opening the tab menu, I can easily identify who that person was. 

Language is an important part of a culture. When cultures get together, the international community appears. Of course languages are different such as cultures, but this is what makes a group of people international. We may use English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Turkish or another language to communicate each other; but we can't forbid any language because we don't like it. If we forbid one, then the speakers of that language would be kicked out of the international community.

So, for international community's sake, let's accept languages and cultures, so we can accept the people.

8 hours ago, BOSSENTERPRiSES said:

Language is an important part of a culture. When cultures get together, the international community appears. Of course languages are different such as cultures, but this is what makes a group of people international. We may use English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Turkish or another language to communicate each other; but we can't forbid any language because we don't like it. If we forbid one, then the speakers of that language would be kicked out of the international community.

So, for international community's sake, let's accept languages and cultures, so we can accept the people.

I'm not trying to forbid any language and I didn't say that I didn't like Russian or Bulgarian, I love Russia and would like to go there if I have the oportunity.

I'm just saying that in almost all platforms there is a limited use of characters. For example, the character ( [ and ] ) that I have in my name is not allowed in most platforms. I just wanted to say that it would be fine to have less characters to use as name to make it easier.

IMO, the current system is okay :)

use /pinfo as said ^^^^ and the report menu shows their game ID, steam ID and TMP ID so if you're recording (which I recommend strongly), it's easy to review it even after shutting down the game and continue with your web reports. And also if your in-game report gets timed-out, you are given their TMP ID again for you to make that web report :)

Different languages/names makes this whole MP idea having variety and not showing any favouritism towards a specific language or race/nationality really great :) 

Have a good one and as always, happy trucking~

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

5 hours ago, RoachCoach said:

IMO, the current system is okay :)

use /pinfo as said ^^^^ and the report menu shows their game ID, steam ID and TMP ID so if you're recording (which I recommend strongly), it's easy to review it even after shutting down the game and continue with your web reports. And also if your in-game report gets timed-out, you are given their TMP ID again for you to make that web report :)

Different languages/names makes this whole MP idea having variety and not showing any favouritism towards a specific language or race/nationality really great :) 

Have a good one and as always, happy trucking~

I know the command /pinfo as I reported more or less 120 people but as I said before I don't know how can I take the TruckersMP ID if the player leave the game in the same moment that they hit me

Edited by [LKW Tr.] Akoa

^ Not sure but it usually takes someone up to 5-7seconds to be able to leave the game successfully after the impact.. in that short time it is very easy to grab it with a /pinfo. If it happens again in future, try not to worry about getting yourself out of the situation since you're recording. Just switch on your hazard lights and grab the /pinfo asap. Once you successfully grab it, then you can think about the ways to get yourself out of the situation that person placed you in. And if someone reports you for blocking during that short period when you were doing a /pinfo, you have your video proof to show what exactly happened so no need to worry there.

Also, to help yourself with reporting others who deserve it, you can watch my recordings down below in my forum signature and try to make it a habit of switching camera views to have a better view of your surroundings especially when someone is near or if you suspect something is up. I hope this helps you in better dealing with clowns on the road ;) Even if you take away Russian or Bulgarian characters, people are gonna resort to special characters, lol. Also in my past experiences, I couldn't find some people who had english names on the forums to reference my report (when I couldn't successfully grab the ID) so just try and hasten the /pinfo process on your end :D

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

On 14/7/2017 at 4:49 PM, Mr_Pingu said:

Then in this case you should start rec 

I don't know how to explain that I rec every game that I play...

On 14/7/2017 at 4:50 PM, RoachCoach said:

^ Not sure but it usually takes someone up to 5-7seconds to be able to leave the game successfully after the impact.. in that short time it is very easy to grab it with a /pinfo. If it happens again in future, try not to worry about getting yourself out of the situation since you're recording. Just switch on your hazard lights and grab the /pinfo asap. Once you successfully grab it, then you can think about the ways to get yourself out of the situation that person placed you in. And if someone reports you for blocking during that short period when you were doing a /pinfo, you have your video proof to show what exactly happened so no need to worry there.

Also, to help yourself with reporting others who deserve it, you can watch my recordings down below in my forum signature and try to make it a habit of switching camera views to have a better view of your surroundings especially when someone is near or if you suspect something is up. I hope this helps you in better dealing with clowns on the road ;) Even if you take away Russian or Bulgarian characters, people are gonna resort to special characters, lol. Also in my past experiences, I couldn't find some people who had english names on the forums to reference my report (when I couldn't successfully grab the ID) so just try and hasten the /pinfo process on your end :D

Thanks man, you are the only one who solved more or less my problem and understood what I said. I thought about switching cameras and using the free camera but my keyboard does not have numbers in the right, so I cannot move the free camera. Anyways I have another keyboard that I use to record people to put freecam when I record people in Duisburg so I would try to have that keyboard with me while playing ETS2MP.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.