New Server (Maybe Monthly Subscription )

ukpothead

Suggestion Name: New Server 

Suggestion Description: For the players that want to play properly i think a New server would benefit us even if that means paying for the privilege (monthly or weekly).

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?: Far Far too many trolls ruining it for everyone at the end of the day this is a Simulator and i love MP but at the moment you can't play without being Rammed or insulted by means of a private message and reporting they players do nothing as the reports run out in 10 minutes then i need to make a ticket so i personally would love a service like this. 

Edited by ukpothead
Proper format

Hello there,

I just wanted to tell you that your suggestion will most likely be rejected because you did not use the mandatory suggestion format:

• A fitting title.
  • A description of what the suggestion is about.
  • A reason why it should be added/removed/changed.
  • Any eventual example images or similar.

Please pay attention to it next time, or edit your post.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Moderator

Hey @ukpothead,

thank you, that looks fine.

However, now to your suggestion. Personally, I think it could actually be a good idea which will reduce the number of trolls on the streets. Nevertheless, I do not think it would really happen, at least not to all servers because many people, i.e. the majority of TruckersMP users are either still in school or during their early years which means they do not earn money, hence why they would not be able to afford to play anymore.

If you would do it with only one server as you are suggesting, it could work but technically it is quite hard, I could imagine, to make this happen. Also, even though the servers will be financed by the people playing on it, it is still a question of how many people will actually join it. Personally, I would not want to play on a server with merely 200 people on it, like ATS for instance.

That's just my point of view, I hope you can understand it.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Moderator

Well I imagine that server would be empty most of the time because players are either, poor or cheap or simply unable to do this. But on top of that, TruckersMP is not allowed to make money out of the game, SCS would not allow it. It is their game after all. That is as far as I understand it. 

• Upvote 4

+-1

having a server for players who really like truck simulation is not a bad idea but there have a lot of servers at the moment ... so I'm neutral

Just now, DrEGZo said:

And you think that paying for the mod would remove the trolls? I've heard better ways to solve that (better, but not good).

Not the mod a server, If a troll paid for server access they would be banned then they wouldn't be able to join again i personally don't think trolls are going to pay extra for server access just to be banned.

3 minutes ago, ukpothead said:

If a troll paid for server access they would be banned

Uhm what? They pay and get banned? Sorry, I didn't get that logic...

5 minutes ago, ukpothead said:

i personally don't think trolls are going to pay extra for server Access

I think they would pay, just because of the poeple believing that they are safe.

But let's imagine that you are right and the trolls will stay away from this server. That would mean, the other players would have the choice: either paying or playing with trolls. And I think that's not really fair.

2 minutes ago, DrEGZo said:

Uhm what? They pay and get banned? Sorry, I didn't get that logic...

What's the definition of a troll on the Internet or in a game.

7 minutes ago, DrEGZo said:

But let's imagine that you are right and the trolls will stay away from this server. That would mean, the other players would have the choice: either paying or playing with trolls. And I think that's not really fair.

It's not fair that people have there gaming experience ruined by idiots when they are trying to play the game as it was intended, and yes if i had a choice i would make a server for paid customers but as stated above thats just not possible.

Hello friend, 

I too have enjoyed this suggestion all along but it sadly as said above, making such a move breaches SCS terms. Still patiently waiting on an official MP and/or server sided economy. Hopefully then, SCS themselves will be able to implement certain bans that will allow potential trolls to think twice about not wasting money to buy the game in the first place. Chances are that such ideas are far from happening, but I just keep my hopes up nonetheless.

I sympathize mostly with the higher age group, especially those who just want to drive/truck like IRL and enjoy the surroundings and/or take proper pictures to simulate IRL scenarios too. Don't get me wrong, there are kids who enjoy and want such things too, but as of yet, I have only met less than 10 of such kids in this community. I do definitely look forward to playing with/meeting more polite and proper drivers/players who have that certain level of understanding as to what a simulator is built to be played as intended. For now, I do strongly believe to set the admins right first - ie. Ensure all admins set a good role model for such kids in order for them to have the right to act on bans and to be able to say who is right and wrong. I'm only saying this because the community out there is watching their streams live or video feeds wherever they can be found on the internet. And if you even have a single admin who continuously shows reckless driving behaviour in the first place, then I doubt any change in the system is gonna help the community out there. The trolls will just pinpoint back (if any) to that particular admin and say: "since he/she can do that style of driving, why can't we?" TMP is only allowed to use the excuse of "because he/she is an admin" on a case-by-case basis which has to be within the admin+TMP rules. So primarily, I feel that many such trolls are out there watching the admins for the most part, and that as an admin it is very important to have the discipline to keep up their utmost behaviour as it might in turn help out as well.

But of course, trolls are trolls. We geddit. For now, I would suggest just record, report, web report and relax. I too, go through the trouble (painful and annoying the gameplay I might add) of creating safe save points to enable reloads throughout my journey just in case, which often is the case, that trolls/reckless drivers just happen. I also take loads starting and ending in the newer map DLCs; that way at least I know the starting and ending parts of my journey won't be faced with such silly situations. 

Have a good one and as always, happy trucking~

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

15 hours ago, Sysgen said:

Well I imagine that server would be empty most of the time because players are either, poor or cheap or simply unable to do this. But on top of that, TruckersMP is not allowed to make money out of the game, SCS would not allow it. It is their game after all. That is as far as I understand it. 

^ this, it wouldn't be possible. but , you could call it a donation with a "thanks" for your donation.

all in all, i think it's not a bad idea .. but in the end it's just wasted resources because not many will actually pay for it monthly, which is totally understandable. most people just play this game to relax , not to look at finances. the better solution would probably be a "donation server" you do a one time payment (10€ or smth) and you are allowed to play on an "donation server" . it's way better than a monthly payment and actually afford able if "trolls" or "unserious people" disturb you, because even a one time donation filters those people out. 

19 hours ago, Smalley - Truckers.FM said:

TMP is a Mod. I don't think you should pay just to play on a mod for euro truck simulator 2 :L  In My Opinion 

It's a type of income for them, if you don't want to play on that particular sever you won't be forced to. While this is a mod they have also put countless hours into the mod for free. IMO if I made something like this mod and kept putting hours upon hours into the mod I would put a price on some type of premium service. Have the base mod for all of the free users and offer some sort of bonus if you give a little bit of cash that isn't required to play TMP but something that might be nice to have. 

OP, although you may think this may get rid of trolls, it won't. Trolls have money as well and the only reason why they do what they do is to get a reaction out of players. Seriously think about this for a second, trolls will eventually get perm banned yet they come right back with another account. So if trolls don't have an issue with paying $10-20 to buy the game again what would stop them from paying maybe $2-5 to have access to the paid server? Nothing. Also, this server might only have 30-100 players on it making it extremely boring due to the size of the ETS 2 map. This wouldn't be worth it for ATS since there isn't enough players.

17 hours ago, ukpothead said:

It's not fair that people have there gaming experience ruined by idiots when they are trying to play the game as it was intended, and yes if i had a choice i would make a server for paid customers but as stated above thats just not possible.

Whether you like it or not these trolls / idiots add realism to the game. I don't know if you have ever driven IRL but if you have you know there are idiots on the real roads as well. These people have more to risk than just a license suspension yet they still drive like absolute idiots and they "ruin" our own driving experience and sometimes "ruin" own our vehicles... That's not fair is it? No it's not, but still, you can't change that no matter how hard you try. Doesn't matter what game you play, doesn't matter where you drive you, will still have idiots around you.

On 13/07/2017 at 4:08 PM, heyhococo said:

If trolls are willing to pay £15 again and again to create new steam accounts with ETS2 to register for MP again every time they're perma banned, I don't think more payments are going to stop them- they're willing to do anything to mess us around.

Trolls don't pay that much... I've seen the game for less than 5 pounds but without an IP ban then these trolls will just keep buying it....

On 12/07/2017 at 11:29 PM, ukpothead said:

Suggestion Name: New Server 

Suggestion Description: For the players that want to play properly i think a New server would benefit us even if that means paying for the privilege (monthly or weekly).

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?: Far Far too many trolls ruining it for everyone at the end of the day this is a Simulator and i love MP but at the moment you can't play without being Rammed or insulted by means of a private message and reporting they players do nothing as the reports run out in 10 minutes then i need to make a ticket so i personally would love a service like this. 

-1 not only is it a bad idea, but will not solve the issues, I mean, iracing has a pay monthly subscription, yet you still get trolls who drive the wrong way, block and ram, even though it costs money to be able to play online. 

All pay servers will do is reduce the community and player and player numbers by 75% at least because not everyone is made of money, most people have other subscriptions, bills etc to pay.

not only that but because TMP is a third part modification, if the team were to ask for money for use of the server it could be seen as making money off of the game which is a big no no, that would get TMP near enough permenantly removed and the team sued for every penny in the world. 

7 hours ago, Supersam said:

Trolls don't pay that much... I've seen the game for less than 5 pounds but without an IP ban then these trolls will just keep buying it....

There isn't even a need to keep buying the steam version, just buy a commercial Disk version for cheap and then link it to steam and there you have it (I know this from swapping PCs before I got Steam so I have a disk version that I booted up and installed then updated etc). Unless there's IP blocks put up, then trolls will return within a matter of hours/days. 

To OP, honestly, the best thing to do is record and report trolls or make a YT series featuring all the stupidity.

On 13-7-2017 at 1:55 AM, Brave Tiger said:

You can go to EU3 to drive it right not too crowded

Good Forums

You can also to the EU4 go, en drive good. :P 

On 13-7-2017 at 1:59 AM, Caernage said:

+-1

having a server for players who really like truck simulation is not a bad idea but there have a lot of servers at the moment ... so I'm neutral

I agree with my Truck colleagues.