Change or Remove the AFK kicking system

Ryan2233

Suggestion Name: Change or Remove the AFK kicking system
Suggestion Description:Basically the AFK kicking system does what it says on the Name - It kicks people if they've been AFK for more than 2 minutes. But, Their is a flaw in this system.
Any example images: 
Why should it be added?: It should be changed or removed because: If you're driving down the motorway and something happens IRL that requires you to tend to IRL things, You pull over into the hard shoulder and come back to see you've been kicked for being AFK. The problems with this are: 

• You can't reconnect within the game, you need to restart the game in order to reconnect to the TMP Servers.

Because you get kicked, your active deliver instantly becomes late because of the time difference between ETS and the TMP servers. ( Example: TMP has its own time system, so if universally TMP time is 2PM and your ETS is a few days before that, It'll make your delivery late and you lose money. 

It is a terrible system that needs reworked. People who need to leave the keyboard for a few minutes and park in Areas of no harm ( Hard Shoulders, Garages, Customization shop areas ) get kicked.

• Upvote 1

I actually like the current AFK system. If you lost your spot. Tough luck. We all do! I leave for a bit and come back, reload and my trailer is never late. Also the Afk is 10 mins. If you can't finish what you need in 10 minutes. Just log off and allow other players on who are willing to play at that very moment. :^3 

This system is vital for TruckersMP, since people that are AFK cause lag, especially in high population areas. The time before you get kicked is I belive 10 minutes, so that is plenty of time. If you get kicked, just restart the game, no big deal :)

5 minutes ago, JonathanGJM said:

This system is vital for TruckersMP, since people that are AFK cause lag, especially in high population areas. The time before you get kicked is I belive 10 minutes, so that is plenty of time. If you get kicked, just restart the game, no big deal :)

I never get 10 minutes... I have a max of 2 mins. 

Just now, Ryan2233 said:

I never get 10 minutes... I have a max of 2 mins. 

Well then I don't know what to tell you. I always get 10 mins. You must be dealing with heavy lag if the server is speeding up time. Are you sure you're just not getting kicked for high ping or something? 

2 minutes ago, Blazie said:

Well then I don't know what to tell you. I always get 10 mins. You must be dealing with heavy lag if the server is speeding up time. Are you sure you're just not getting kicked for high ping or something? 

Nope, Many times If i'm listening or watching something on my other monitor

when stopped, I Can see the messages " If you don't move in 1 minute you will be kicked" when I know i wasn't Away for more than 40 seconds. 

1 minute ago, Blazie said:

I’ve also never gotten only 2 minutes of afk time.

There have been many suggestions similar to this one. Please use the search function first.

And: -1 from me.

Example: a few weeks ago a truck was parking on the CD road. Not next to it, on it! Engine and lights off. I had to wait a quarter hour until he was kicked (because some people rammed him and I guess this was counted as movement). But what if there had been no afk kick? I would have waited much longer.

http://prntscr.com/fuuyr2

The Iveco driver

btw the Report was declined and I can't understand why until now

Just now, Ryan2233 said:

Nope, Many times If i'm listening or watching something on my other monitor

when stopped, I Can see the messages " If you don't move in 1 minute you will be kicked" when I know i wasn't Away for more than 40 seconds. 

Hmmm~ I still think it's a "you" problem and not the server. I have recorded past live streams that literally show in 10 mins that I have to lmove or get kicked. 

I seriously think that it's you. What are your PC specs and what graphics do you play on, as well tell me RAM, CPU speed and HDD clock. 

Just now, Blazie said:

Hmmm~ I still think it's a "you" problem and not the server. I have recorded past live streams that literally show in 10 mins that I have to lmove or get kicked. 

I seriously think that it's you. What are your PC specs and what graphics do you play on, as well tell me RAM, CPU speed and HDD clock. 

I have 8GB Ram, AMD X4 860K 4.2ghz, GTX 750ti. I play on Ultra graphics @60 Fps 

2 minutes ago, JonathanGJM said:

I’ve also never gotten only 2 minutes of afk time.

This is why I think he is having issues on his end. 

Just now, Ryan2233 said:

I have 8GB Ram, AMD X4 860K 4.2ghz, GTX 750ti. I play on Ultra graphics @60 Fps 

Hmmm~ I have higher hardware but yeah, you shouldn't have this problem. I honestly don't know what to tell you but the AFK is set for 10 mins. @mwl4 & @Kat_pw can confirm that. 

3 minutes ago, Blazie said:

This is why I think he is having issues on his end. 

Hmmm~ I have higher hardware but yeah, you shouldn't have this problem. I honestly don't know what to tell you but the AFK is set for 10 mins. @mwl4 & @Kat_pw can confirm that. 

Strange. I am in support for the AFK system, But I didn't know it was me who just had the 2m AFK kick. 

1 minute ago, Ryan2233 said:

Strange. I am in support for the AFK system, But I didn't know it was me who just had the 2m AFK kick. 

I really can't answer why you and solely you are receiving only a 2 minute clearance. That usually happens to me on GTA V when I Tab out. But never on ETS2 or ATS. 

Hoping the the two I tagged above can answer. 

1 minute ago, revoluti0n said:

Although, I'm not in favour of the removal of the system as it's fine itself. It would be great to see a change to how you can reconnect without having to restart your game.

Make a suggestion about that. 

I would recommend, :) here is a fact that a few days ago i had to stop customizing my truck because it was telling me to move or i would be kicked. The problem is that if TruckersMP removed the AFK system, that mean't you could be AFK up to long periods of times which would mean people would be waiting a long time in queues (especially on EU2) until they were be able to connection, it wouldn't be fair on players trying to connect while they are in the queue. Sorry, but i agree with the majority of people that wouldn't recommend. -_-

3 minutes ago, Times_Zero said:

I would recommend, :) here is a fact that a few days ago i had to stop customizing my truck because it was telling me to move or i would be kicked. The problem is that if TruckersMP removed the AFK system, that mean't you could be AFK up to long periods of times which would mean people would be waiting a long time in queues (especially on EU2) until they were be able to connection, it wouldn't be fair on players trying to connect while they are in the queue. Sorry, but i agree with the majority of people that wouldn't recommend. -_-

I Think people have a short memory span... didn't you read the word CHANGE ?

10 minutes ago, Ryan2233 said:

I Think people have a short memory span... didn't you read the word CHANGE ?

Uhhh~ we did read. There is no reason to change it. But you also added remove. Changing it would be useless since it works just fine for everyone else. But you. 

3 minutes ago, Blazie said:

Uhhh~ we did read. There is no reason to change it. But you also added remove. Changing it would be useless since it works just fine for everyone else. But you. 

I'm sure it's a problem for others too, just because they didn't comment here :-) 

2 minutes ago, Ryan2233 said:

I'm sure it's a problem for others too, just because they didn't comment here :-) 

TBH, I searched and you're the only one so I'm going back to its probably a "you" problem. 

Hi @Ryan2233,

I would not like the AFK kick to be entirely removed, because it would make it very hard to join a server, especially during peak times. Instead, as suggested before, for the AFK kick to turn off when the server has less than 75% of its capacity full. Once the 75% point is passed, the AFK kicker can be turned on again. Also, please use the search feature before posting as this has been suggested many, many times. I have linked a few similar threads below:

Regards,

sko0923.

2 minutes ago, Ryan2233 said:

Again, Not everyone who uses TMP is on this forum. 

You need a TMP account to play the game. So that's a semantically null sentence since everyone uses it once.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.