Ban Convoying in Busy Areas during peak hours (Especially C-D)

ItzJChan

Suggestion Name:  Ban Convoying in Busy Areas during peak hours (Especially C-D)

Suggestion Description: Creating a rule where convoying in busy areas of the map in peak hours is bannable

Any example images: Nope

Why should it be added?: It should be added since this causes even more traffic in busy areas. It is also dangerous since players would have to overtake them (Especially in C-D) which may cause ramming

Example: (Not yet, but witnessed it many times)

-1 I'm guessing you don't know the rules? Overtaking on C-D is bannable well if its busy which most of the time it is... So if players overtake convoys on C-D they are likely to be banned.... Regardless I get overtaken by many players on C-D and i'm not even in a convoy so therefore your point is invalid.... You can always join another server 

On 7/19/2017 at 2:10 PM, Supersam said:

-1 I'm guessing you don't know the rules? Overtaking on C-D is bannable well if its busy which most of the time it is... So if players overtake convoys on C-D they are likely to be banned.... Regardless I get overtaken by many players on C-D and i'm not even in a convoy so therefore your point is invalid.... You can always join another server 

I do know the rules... Did you even understand the point of this thread?

The point of this thread is to ban convoys operating in busy areas during peak times

Edited by ItzJChan

9 hours ago, ItzJChan said:

I do know the rules... Did you even understand the point of this thread?

The point of this thread is to ban convoys operating in busy areas during peak times

I understood your point however you are saying that convoys in a busy area will mean players have to overtake them etc... My point is if you have to overtake convoys in busy areas then that will result in a ban for those players that break the rules... Another 1 of my points in doing -1 is that I never overtake a slow moving truck in busy areas so when I don't overtake it triggers a chain of players who will not overtake resulting in a convoy anyway.... So if you don't like traffic don't go to areas with high traffic

-1 you could say any queue of trucks is technically a convoy, so should we ban any traffic or queues? No, sometimes people are restricted by time zone or by progress level ingame or other reasons which mean the convoy can only run certain routes. 

Also, as long as the convoy leaders express that when passing through busy areas that all participants follow the rules strictly and professionally, after all, they're just a group of trucks passsing through, so why should they be banned from driving that route? 

I mean, back when I first started playing ETS2MP back in 2014 we had company and admin convoys passing through Europoort and Rotterdam all the time at peak times, yet nothing changed. And that's the point, you've got to stop thinking of a convoy asa convoy and think of them as a group of trucks driving on a route, I mean it's no different than picking up a load in Calais and be stuck in a group of trucks all the way down to the other side of the Duisburg road, does that mean you should be stopped? No, so why should a convoy that is litterally just a group of truck moving from one location to another be penalised? 

So no, I definite do not and never will support any ideas like this.

Edited by DerAmpelmann
Removed unnecessary quotation. No need to quote the first post of the thread.

• 9 months later...

§2.9 Inappropriate Convoy Management [...]

[...] You are not permitted to take a convoy into highly populated area intentionally. This can include (but not limited to) Calais, Duisburg, Calais-Duisburg road or surrounding areas.

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.