Hello i am new! Any starter tips for Multiplayer?

Snotra

Hello there!

Good chap of mine recommended me  to check out TruckersMP. Great fan of any simulator games, i've tried the multiplayer for good 5 minutes. Seems hectic and chaotic like first time driving a car irl. Very nice tidy built up Forum. +1 for the indepedent web makers. there.

Would love some feedback for starters, thanks!

Cheers Fehirde.

signature.png

Hello @Fehirde

Firstly - Welcome in community ! 

Advices... Hmm...

I dont know you prefer Ets2 or Ats ;)

In Ets2 you should avoid busy cities - Calais, Duisburg, Rotterdam, London, Berlin. Often its a HAOS there, so if you want to drive calmly you should avoid that cities. 

I reccomend you to read rules too. 

If you have any questions, ask us. 

Enjoy trucking online :)

Daniellus_PL

Hello @Fehirde and welcome in the TruckersMP Community!

The first tip I'd give you would be to take a look at the Guides section of the forums, there are plenty of useful topics that could help you. ;)

As you are starting TMP, I'd recommend to avoid the busy areas like Rotterdam-Brussels-Calais-Duisburg as there are hundreds of drivers in these cities. You should stay away of the busy areas until you have a good amount of money in case you have to repair your truck because of another player.

If you want to see where are the players while you play, you can check http://ets2map.com/

This website gives you a realtime situation of the traffic across all TruckersMP servers. All you have to do is click on a server and you'll be able to see people playing on the said server and where they are.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay and have fun on the roads!

Make sure you know all the keys for things in MP:

Y key opens the chat, type message and press enter to send a message (Type /help in chat for a list of commands)

Holding X key allows voice chat across 20 channels within an area (Default channel is 19, change channel with "/channel x" or turn it off with "/channel 0")

Tab opens up the "scoreboard" or "tab menu", right click anywhere to bring up the tab menu pointer to navigate around it

If you're planning to go to Duisburg, Calais, Paris, Rotterdam, etc (The busy places) memorise "F7 + Enter" which is the key combination to teleport to service, in case something bad happens :P

I'm sure there's more bits, but there's a guides section somewhere around here: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/111-guides/ (I haven't been on recently because of things IRL, so things might have changed :P)

But most of all of course, have a good time is the main thing! :D

Hello, and welcome!

First, you should check out rules:

Then, you should pay a visit to Information and Guides section, here's a couple useful threads to get started:

That's a lot to read, but it will definitely help you.

Helped ya? Why not giving me a reputation point? Thanks!

Earth is hexagon.

GTA SA > GTA V

So as you post more, the "What is a truck" changes to different text (I think the next is "I can drive!") and an icon of a truck fills up. The more you post, the more the truck fills up and the text changes until 1000 posts I believe ;) And after 500 posts you can edit it within profile settings

And then "Veteran Driver" is when you've been registered on the forums for at least a year, you get the different badge along with a secret veteran driver forum :D

@Fehirde,

To answer your questions, know that you become "Pilote veteran" if you have registered for more than 1 year on the forum.

Also, be aware that your "rank" changes only if you are active on the forum and you post comments that are useful and constructive. After a number of comments, your "rank" will change. However, do not forget that your comments should be helpful principaly.

Also if your comments or status are useful or constructif or what members love your status, other community members can give you reputation points "Community reputation" (as a reward for your help for example).

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

Thanks for all the answers, much appreciated! Think a mod or so should maybe close this thread, I think i have all the help i need, wasn't sure how active this community were, i was suprised!

Sorry, just had some popup about max reputation points, think i gave to all of you <3

signature.png

@Fehirde If you need any additional information, you can send me a PM, I'll reply as soon as possible! ;)

As the OP requested, this thread is now locked & archived.

Thank you everyone for your contribution and again, welcome in the Community, Fehirde!

/Locked & moved to Archives

Archived